For all Trump supporters

BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 01:04 am
@caligirllivin,
caligirllivin wrote:

How many times does Trump have to say he never colluded with Russia before it sinks into your mind that he never colluded with Russia? WOW it's been two years and you snowflakes still haven't been able to impeach him with all the lies you made up about him yet you still believe whatever the media tells you. Sad.

Your likely employer Putin also agree with Trump so that should be the end of the question....LOL
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:02 am
@BillRM,
I wonder if I should introduce her to Ol Grumpy. He too believes in much the same woo hoo as does she.

Theyd be perfect for each other and we can do a good deed to how her that not all Dems are evil.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 10:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Simply because the one proposing it is a moron. A wall will not stop illegal immigration. Why spend $5.7 billion plus on a wall that has no practical use? It's only a very expensive symbol that does nothing what Trump wants except maybe a memorial to him that will be around long after most of us are all gone. https://www.newsweek.com/trump-wall-impractical-impolitic-impossible-459802

These are all rather well-worn points, endlessly repeated by unthinking acolytes, but are they true? What is the factual basis for your unsupported assertion that a wall won't be at all effective? Our current system allows easy illegal entry, followed by claims for "asylum" that we are unable to evaluate or enforce due to the flood we are experiencing. The asylum rules were originally made to accommodate people subject to political persecution - now anything goes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 01:27 pm
Even if a wall would keep them out 100% it is still immoral and unneeded. There is no greater criminal intent among these people than any other population on earth.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump is not only a moron, but a con. Anyone doing business with Trump the con is rather ignorant about how many people he already stiffed. That's their problem.

If his reputation was that bad, he wouldn't have 500 businesses. People wouldn't do business with him and he would be broke.

Quote:
Trump the con promised to show his tax returns. Are you still waiting?

I never cared about his taxes, it was the leftist who cared about those. It was first to prove he wasn't as rich as he claimed, then it was to prove Russian collusion. I could care less to be honest. In fact I don't think a majority of Americans care, it's a big gotcha because Trump went after Obama's birth certificate. I didn't care about that either, I never bought into the birther circus.

Quote:
You can arrive at your own conclusions. According to Politifact, Trump tells the truth only around 4% of the time.

I only wish they "fact checked" Obama as much as they "fact check" Trump. In fact I wish they fact checked all politicians on what they said, it won't happen the MSM has an agenda.

Quote:
That you would admire a moron who shut down the government to stop the income of 800,000 government workers show you are just as ignorant.

I don't admire Trump, but I do applaud the shutdown. If he re-opens the govt without guaranteed funding for the barrier, it will never be built. Congress has gotten to good at kicking the can down the road and not actually working on the problems faced by US citizens.

Quote:
His wall project that he promised Mexico will pay for and didn't now results in a crisis for Americans.

It's been a crisis for our country for far longer than Trump has been talking about it. We have needed a good southern barrier for decades. Everyone from Chuck Schumer to Nancy Pelosi have talked about illegal immigration and the southern border for decades, yet haven't done anything about it. Trump is holding their feet to the fire. I don't care if Mexico pays for it, it needs to be built, I talked about this for a very long time, even before Trump ran for President.

Quote:
One of his "compromises" was on so-called Dreamers - who entered the US illegally when young. He still wants $5.7bn (£4.5bn) to fund the wall.

Let's be honest, he offered 1.8 million "dreamers" a deal a year ago, but it was rejected because of the "wall". That was 1 million more than than what the Dems asked for, but they rejected it. If there is anything dealing with a southern barrier, the left will reject it. It blocks free entry for future welfare recipients and the DNC needs voters.

Quote:
Democrats have refused to fund it and ahead of the speech had already rejected the expected concessions.

Obstructionists. The DNC does not have the best interests of US citizens in their agenda, they care little what is best for us, they have proven this time and time again. The shutdown is going to prove this to the American people, if the MSM would only report the truth and stop being the mouth piece for the DNC and the leftist agenda.

Why do you dislike our sovereignty so much?

Quote:
The shutdown, the longest in history, has affected 800,000 federal workers.

It has only effected 800,000 none essential federal workers. I've felt no effects from the shutdown, if it wasn't in the news, I'd never know it was happening.

Quote:
People like you put a stain to our country.

Ha. If the govt shutdown is having an effect on your life, then it's you who put a strain on our country. Essential personal are working, it's only a partial shutdown. Everyone of those Federal workers will get back pay, even those who didn't work during the shutdown will get back pay.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Even if a wall would keep them out 100% it is still immoral and unneeded.

The wall would only be immoral if it were used to keep the population, there is nothing immoral about protecting the borders of our nation from illegal entry. I would also say that if it kept out 100% of illegal immigrants, that it would be working and needed. That's the real fear behind the wall, it has nothing to do with morality and everything to do with it being successful.

Quote:
There is no greater criminal intent among these people than any other population on earth.

So? We have a hard enough time taking care of US citizens, why bring more people into that situation? We have a right as a sovereign nation to create our own immigration standards. Unfettered immigration isn't a good thing with technology already starting to take over certain types of work and only more types of jobs in the future.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:12 pm
@Baldimo,
I have lived around and worked with these people most of my life. You can't bullshit me.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
You are addressing the Mexican population as a whole. That evades the issue at hand. In fact Mexicans are very far from the majority of those currently illegally crossing our border. Most are from Honduras, El Salvador and, to a lesser extent, Guatemala. These countries have the highest murder rates in the world. Moreover increasingly the immigrants are accompanied by people from all over the world who have seized on as easy route in. In general we don't know who these people are but the likelihood of terrorists or international criminals appears very high.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:25 pm
@georgeob1,
I'm talking about people who came here across the border - not USA born. Some from Honduras used to tell me I was a fellow Honduran "passing."
georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
In view of the murder rate in Honduras do you still claim they are relatively free of criminal intent? Perhaps more significantly is the obvious fact that the absence of effective controls on the border encourages others, many of whom likely have criminal or other dangerous intent.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
One Mexican who worked for me needed no supervision to frame an entire house and do good work. It was difficult on payday, because he barely knew any English and he wrestled with the figures over and over, because he felt he had been cheated too many times. Sometimes he would get sent back to Mexico, but he would soon report for new jobs.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:33 pm
@georgeob1,
I am talking about people who flee a bad situation for survival.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

One Mexican who worked for me needed no supervision to frame an entire house and do good work. It was difficult on payday, because he barely knew any English and he wrestled with the figures over and over, because he felt he had been cheated too many times. Sometimes he would get sent back to Mexico, but he would soon report for new jobs.

No argument there. Most of the Mexican (and Central Americans) I know (and there are many) are very hard working folks interested mostly in the welfare and future of their families. Indeed they display all the characteristics we have long associated with immigrants. Unfortunately due the near complete absence of border controls they have been accompanied by members of criminal gangs, unknown others, and a very substantial smuggling operation involving cocaine and heroin.

It isn't necessary for us to have no controls at the border in order to admit deserving immigrants. Indeed our lack of control has created an environment in which criminal gangs and coyotes operate our immigration system on the Southern border.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I have lived around and worked with these people most of my life. You can't bullshit me.

I don't know which people you are talking about, you are being vague.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:44 pm
@georgeob1,
Did you know that all black women on welfare drive Cadillacs to the welfare office and go home to sumptuous banquets in better houses than any white people even dream of?
georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Did you know that all black women on welfare drive Cadillacs to the welfare office and go home to sumptuous banquets in better houses than any white people even dream of?

Merely a wisecrack having very little to do with our discussion. Below your usual standard.
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:54 pm
If you were from Guatemala and wanted to murder people without much fear of repercussion...

Would you:
a) stay in Guatemala
b) illegally migrate to the country with the most incarcerated individuals in the world
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 02:58 pm
@georgeob1,
Not really. People make up statistics and facts to feed their narrative and the actual emigrants are painted accordingly.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 03:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Not really. People make up statistics and facts to feed their narrative and the actual emigrants are painted accordingly.

That occurs on both sides of this debate - as is evident in this thread.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 03:48 pm
@georgeob1,
Not so. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/politifact-lies-republicans-vs-democrats/314794/ You can see how those ratings break down for both parties in the pie charts at right. A majority of Democratic claims were rated true; a majority of Republican claims were rated false.