For all Trump supporters

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 03:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Not so. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/politifact-lies-republicans-vs-democrats/314794/ You can see how those ratings break down for both parties in the pie charts at right. A majority of Democratic claims were rated true; a majority of Republican claims were rated false.
That's only because the fact checkers whitewash most of the left's lies.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 03:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
An article from 2013?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 03:54 pm
@Baldimo,
And that matters? I would accept any poll that is more recent. You provide, I'll look at it. https://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/05/study-politifact-says-republicans-lie-more-164943. Also, Trump calls our media "fake news." In a democracy, a free press is a required element to inform the citizens about national and international news. Trump is a danger to that aspect of democracy.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 04:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, considering it's 6 years old. The lies and "misreported" stories have run rampent in the last several years. This past weekend was a perfect example, Buzzfeed Trump story and the MAGA hat kids... I'm at a complete loss for the lack of US coverage of the Yellow Vest protests taking place in France and other parts of the EU. Yes, 6 years makes a huge difference.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 04:03 pm
@Baldimo,

PollsElection 2018VideoWritersMore

Polls
ArrowQuick Poll/Map LinksFind Any Poll

Latest Polls
Senate Polls | Governor Polls | House Polls | Generic Ballot | State of Union Polls | All Election Polls
Tuesday, January 22
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
President Trump Job Approval PPP (D) Approve 40, Disapprove 57 Disapprove +17
President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 44, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +12 Both polls Disapprove averages over 55%. FYI, that means the majority of those polled.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 04:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This is where MSM reporting and public perception come into play. The media which you support has been overwhelmly negative in their reporting of Trump. Everything from what the WH looked like at Christmas time, to who he is or isn't shaking hands with, how many of those stories did they lie about? Remember feeding fish in Japan? I'll say it again, the media ran wild this weekend with the Buzzfeed story until the Mueller team came out and disputed the report. How much time did they spend on the retraction of the coverage, maybe 1/64th of the time? How many times has impeachment been uttered by the MSM in the last 2 years? How much actual proof is there that Trump did anything wrong with the election or the Russians? I think you and the rest of your leftist friends are going to be in for a surprise when the final report is released and the proper people start going to jail.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 04:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
The media which you support has been overwhelm(ing)ly negative in their reporting of Trump.
Over 200 political scientists claimed that "Trump is the worst president in history." Take it from there. I'm sure you are not more educated than those 200 political scientists about our presidents. If you believe you're smarter, you're only living in an alternate reality. I'll add my own opinion from information I learned through our media. Trump closed down our government and stopped the income of over 800,000 workers. This has been the longest shutdown of our government in history, and Trump doesn't give a damn, and that includes the families of those workers without income. You are missing the same humanity as Trump; you lack the care and empathy for other humans. This will be my last response to you.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:06 pm
For all the Trump supporters who thought Big Macs & Whoppers were fine enough to serve at the White House, now you can have this to go along with your fast food. ( And no, I couldn't have made this up if I tried...)

Let us wax rhapsodic about the KFC Gravy Scented Candle
Gwen Ihnat

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rJrDF9zS--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/vnxaow5j5lwnzrx3wbpl.png
Look, I am one of those dorks who heads straight to the Yankee Candle at the outlet mall. Right now my favorite light-up jar is something called White Cocoa, which is perfect for these winter months and smells so heavenly I want to eat it.

But… should all candles smell good enough to eat? For example, take this new offering from KFC UK and Ireland: the KFC Gravy Scented Candle. There are a mere 230 units of this U.K.-only limited edition, which KFC bills as follows on its website, where you can sign up to win one:

Nothing beats the sweet, soulful aroma of KFC gravy. So this January, why not fill your home with Finger Lickin’ good vibes thanks to our limited edition KFC Gravy Candle.

Those “Finger Lickin’ good vibes” are apparently part of the overall KFChill experience, which also includes the ambient sounds of frying chicken and simmering gravy, piped right through your computer’s speakers.

The thought of a five-sense, immersive fried chicken experience just makes us want to take a bath—one possibly augmented by the scent of the KFC Gravy candle, which continues in the line of other fast-food-scented candles like the A1 Steak Sauce candle, a french-fry candle, and the candle that smells like Chinese takeout. Do those count as self care as well?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 08:28 pm
@neptuneblue,
If it soothes the soul, who can complain?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 11:24 am
@Baldimo,
I remember that you guys NEVER complained about the media lying or showing bias BEFORE 2012 so your point make complete sense.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 11:37 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I remember that you guys NEVER complained about the media lying or showing bias BEFORE 2012 so your point make complete sense.

Do you honestly think the media is going to report on their own bias? Of course not, I can still point to the months the MSM and Obama ran around telling the lie about the 40% background checks... when they did catch him in a lie, they covered for him. Does "Benghazi was caused by a video" ring a bell? Even when the truth was revealed, that Hillary Clinton had emailed her daughter that very night and told her it was a planned attack, they still refused to report on it during the campaign...
Why didn't the media go on about Obama's phrase to Russia, "I'll have more flexibility after the election"...
If you like your Doctor/plan, you can keep your Doctor/plan...

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 02:38 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo, You're arguing the wrong issues. Just look at the historical records of our president's ratings by political scientists. It's not about one issue that or one issue this. It's about the overall performance of each president, and how they are rated by political scientists who study these things. Even then, after some years, their rankings may change. That's to be expected, because all issues cannot be considered at the time of the rating. From qz.com: "In his first appearance in the survey, last conducted in 2009, Barack Obama was ranked 12th, sandwiched between Woodrow Wilson and James Monroe. George W. Bush “benefitted somewhat from the passing of the years,” moving to #33 from #36 in 2009." From Snopes.com: When Quinnipiac University polled American voters on the same question in March 2018, two months before blogs and pundits regurgitated the 2014 poll as “recent,” they found that voters believed Donald Trump had far surpassed Barack Obama as worst president since World War II:

Donald Trump is the worst of the 13 presidents who have served since the end of World War II, 41 percent of American voters say, followed by 21 percent who list Barack Obama and 10 percent who cite Richard Nixon, in a Quinnipiac University National Poll released today.

Looking at the best president since 1945, 28 percent say Ronald Reagan. Another 24 percent list Barack Obama, with 10 percent each for Bill Clinton and John Kennedy.

President Trump is fifth on the list, with 7 percent, the independent Quinnipiac University Poll finds.
In 2014, only 8% of voters named Barack Obama as the best president since World War II, but that number rose to 24% (second only to Ronald Reagan’s 28%) in the 2018 poll. The more recent Quinnipiac University survey found that only 7% of respondents named Donald Trump “best president” in 2018.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 01:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Baldimo, You're arguing the wrong issues.

No, it's the correct issue. Bias in the media is one of the biggest issues of our times. The MSM influence what people see and hear, especially if the people, most of them, do not go looking for different news sources. As noted by the story of the kids in the MAGA hats in DC, the media has a political bias in their reporting.

Quote:
Just look at the historical records of our president's ratings by political scientists.

You've said so yourself, their opinions change over time, how on earth can they give a rating to someone who hasn't even completed their first term. They considered Obama the Messiah and I don't think he was that great of a President, he created more division in our nation then he resolved. There are many other reasons but over time, he will be seen not as the worst, but not in the top 20.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 02:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Bias in the media is one of the biggest issues of our times.
Bias in media is normal. If you can get that through your head, you'll see the "logic" in it. Even our individual opinions are biased whether it concerns politics or religion. That's the nature of humans, and it's here to stay. Accept it; you will not change it.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 02:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You only have no issue with the bias in the media because it favors your side. The bias leads the media to report fake stories and then just shrug their shoulders when they are wrong. The lies they spread are already in everyone's heads and the truth has no effect. Yes, the bias is strong and wrong. The media used to report fact's, now "if it's true" is enough to lead as facts worth reporting.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 04:22 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
You only have no issue with the bias in the media because it favors your side.
. Wrong as always. I favor media reports that are factual and balanced. I'm not a democrat or republican, so how can you arrive at such a moronic conclusion?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2019 01:08 am
@oralloy,
What was Clinton’s crime?
oralloy

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2019 01:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
Perjury in a civil trial.

Perjury before a grand jury.

Obstruction of justice (sending Betty Currie out to hide the gifts that he had given to Monica Lewinsky from investigators).

Witness tampering (coaching Betty Currie on how she should testify).

Sexual harassment (Paula Jones).

Sexual assault (Kathleen Willey).

Rape (Juanita Broaddrick).
RABEL222

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2019 01:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
Being a woman, a democrat, and smarter than 90% of republicans.
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2019 08:44 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Being a woman, a democrat, and smarter than 90% of republicans.

I still wonder from time to time how many of even Trump supporters now think that Trump IQ is in the range of 150
0 Replies