For all Trump supporters

Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 01:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do these studies look at people in jail and compare that to the population of that group? Illegal immigrants make up a larger potion of the prison population when compared to the actual population of the group it's self. All the studies point to illegals being more prone to crime then their American born counterparts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 02:03 pm
@Baldimo,
What crimes were committed by Americans vs immigrants? The reason there may be more immigrants in prison is Trump's executive order of zero tolerance. The separation of over 2,000 children from their parents should be enough evidence for most fair-minded folks that Trump is a psycho. Our country already has laws pertaining to illegal immigrants; it's not about processing them directly into prison or concentration camps.
Quote:
What is the asylum law in the US?
The United States recognizes the right of asylum for individuals as specified by international and federal law. A specified number of legally defined refugees who either apply for asylum from inside the U.S. or apply for refugee status from outside the U.S., are admitted annually.
Asylum in the United States - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asylum_in_the_United_States
Also, Here’s the problem:
There is no national database that compares crimes committed by immigration status. In fact, only one state – Texas – does so. That means there’s no national database that breaks down crimes committed by native-born citizens or immigrants, or those in the country illegally, making it difficult to confirm or dispute the president’s numbers.
What available studies do show, however, is that overall, crime rates are lower among immigrant groups than they are among native-born Americans.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 02:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What crimes were committed by Americans vs immigrants?

You are asking what crimes were committed against illegal immigrants by Americans? Sorry CI, I'm more concerned with the lives of American citizens being cut short by illegal immigrants who cross our border. If you are interested in crimes committed against illegal immigrants, you would be interested to know that the majority of crimes against those communities are committed by people in those communities.

Quote:
The reason there may be more immigrants in prison is Trump's executive order of zero tolerance. The separation of over 2,000 children from their parents should be enough evidence for most fair-minded folks that Trump is a psycho.

I see the typical liberal game is in effect. You really need to add illegal immigrant to your posts. No one is in prison for what you describe. If they are, they likely crossed the border illegally and were caught on the US side.

Someone seeking asylum has to seek asylum in the first country they come to, they can't hold out for something better, a was proven with the last caravan when they declined asylum in Mexico and instead keep pushing to the US. If they do, they are not looking for asylum, they are looking it immigrate, which they can't do by crossing the border illegally.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 02:17 pm
@Baldimo,
No, you're not concerned about crimes committed by illegal immigrants. Your main concern happens to be bigotry.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 02:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
No, you're not concerned about crimes committed by illegal immigrants. Your main concern happens to be bigotry.

The last defense when you have nothing else to say, throw out the bigotry or racism card.

Sorry to tell you, but I care more the lives of American citizens than I do the lives of non-citizens.
oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 02:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your myopia proves your ignorance.
You continue to be unable to point out a single thing that I'm wrong about.

cicerone imposter wrote:
It's not only about Trump's sex life.
That is incorrect. Trump's payments to that slut were solely for her to keep quiet about his sex life.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Go back to page 1 of this thread and reread why Trump is not respected.
Leftists throw tantrums about everyone who does not agree with their demented ideology.

cicerone imposter wrote:
This is my last response to you. You're a waste of time.
Good. All your false accusations against me were getting a little tedious.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 02:32 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
If your posting your lying.
Nope. The only liar here is you. You cannot point out a single untrue thing that I've said.

RABEL222 wrote:
Everything including that b s about a 170 IQ shows what a blatant lier you are.
I'm not bothered by the fact that I'm smarter than you are. It shouldn't bother you either.

RABEL222 wrote:
And the fact is everyone on this site including cj knows your a lier.
You don't speak for everyone. You only think that you do.

Most people accept the reality that they cannot point out any untrue statements in my posts.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2019 06:53 pm
@Baldimo,
That's where we differ: I care for all humans. Every life is precious. The majority of Americans are descendants of immigrants. Our country is in need of immigrants to support the general population that is aging. The same problem now faces Japan, and I'm almost sure other countries are in the same boat. Why people are against immigration is primarily based on ignorance and bigotry. https://www.politico.eu/article/15-most-offensive-things-trump-campaign-feminism-migration-racism/ The reason our country needs more immigrants is based on our economy and to support the older generation. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1464018/
Quote:
After two to three decades, more than half of the world will need immigrants, and skilled or even unskilled human resource will be one of the major exports of the countries that currently have higher fertility rates.

And after 50 years, probably all countries will need immigrants. We will be living in old societies, where there will be more old people and less people to take care of them.

To be honest. population decline and aging society looks more scarier to me compared to population explosion.

Baldimo

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 11:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's where we differ: I care for all humans. Every life is precious. The majority of Americans are descendants of immigrants.

What does that have to do with our modern immigration policy?

Quote:
Our country is in need of immigrants to support the general population that is aging.

Partially wrong. We don't need the number of immigrants the "experts" claim, because of technology. We already know that people are going to be lossing jobs because of changes in tech, those people will move to other jobs. The only thing increased immigration is going to do is swell the ranks of the crowd who will depend on social spending programs. We have jobs even on the low end of the spectrum that we can't fill. Why give money to people who can work but don't work and then import workers to fill those jobs. Our immigration system should be moving towards what is needed and not immigration just for immigration sake. We have enough either low or no education people living in the US, we don't need immigrants to increase those #'s.

Quote:
Why people are against immigration is primarily based on ignorance and bigotry.

That is just BS, and a tactic to get people to be quite about their stance on immigration. A difference of opinion isn't bigotry or racist. Claiming such a thing though is pretty close to Fascism.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 12:08 pm
@Baldimo,
From the New Yorker:
Quote:
Demographers and economists have been warning that the aging baby-boomer population presents a serious challenge to the nation’s finances, as the ratio of seniors to working-age adults—the age-dependency ratio—rises. The reason is straightforward: Social Security and Medicare are largely financed on a pay-as-you-go basis, which means that some of the taxes paid by current workers are transferred to current retirees. If the dependency ratio rises, the financial burden on the working-age population also increases.
Quote:
If the dependency ratio rises, the financial burden on the working-age population also increases.
That can only arrive at the conclusion that the tax burden must increase, or the benefits must be reduced. Maybe, both. Take your pick. For some of us who have saved for our retirement, it will not impact us much, but for the majority, they will suffer. Many will have to move out of retirement homes, sell their homes, or live on the street.
Quote:
Could you live off Social Security alone? - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/get.../could-you-live-off-social-security-alone/
Aug 21, 2017 - As of June, the average Social Security benefit was $1,254.78 per month. Woodruff is collecting less than many folks because health problems reduced her working years, she told Grandparents.com's Daisy Chan. As Chan points out, Social Security benefits are based on your earnings during your working years.
$1,255/month is not sufficient for anyone to live in Silicon Valley where housing cost is some of the highest in the country. Rent is about double the social security benefit.
Quote:
The average apartment rent in Santa Clara is $2730.
maporsche

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 01:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI, I understand that you know and like Silicon Valley very much, but it's what we call an "edge case" in my line of work.

You can't make any rational financial-national policy based on the most expensive place to live in the country, at least none that I can imagine.

I really feel sorry for the janitors and hotel room cleaners who live there, but I'm not willing to raise Social Security up to $3,000/mo so they can live in Silicon Valley when they could live in the suburb of any city not named San Francisco, New York, or Chicago, and make it work. And the more rural, the cheaper.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 02:48 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I really feel sorry for the janitors and hotel room cleaners who live there,....
Many families share a home to reduce their occupancy cost. Here's an interesting article on how many survive in the SF Bay Area. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a3qg54/this-is-how-people-can-actually-afford-to-live-in-the-bay-area. We can survive, because we've lived here since in 1970's when home prices were reasonable, and before it became "Silicon Valley." I paid off our mortgage in 1998 when I retired. With the increase in the cost of housing, the cost of everything else increased with it. Even two professionals working in Silicon Valley, both making 6 figures have difficulty living here. The only benefit we now have is that this area is considered one of the safest in the country.
farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 04:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I work with lawyers from New Yoork City and the bumper-sticker is that"you gotta make at least a million bucks a year to live middle class in NYC"

The creative lives have moved across the river to the other boroughs where all the artists, musicians, Hassidem,Lubavitch diamond merchants etc , live.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 05:15 pm
@farmerman,
From patch.com: SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CA — Santa Clara County is one of the priciest places to live in the nation, according to the Economic Policy Institute. The organization recently released its 2018 family budget calculator that estimates how costly it is to live in each of America's 3,142 counties and 611 metro areas.

The group estimates a family of two adults and two children in Santa Clara County would need to earn a combined $129,092 per year — or $10,758 a month — to live comfortably.

Here's how the group breaks down that number:
Housing: $2,522 per month
Food: $896 per month
Child Care: $1,559 per month
Transportation: $1,315 per month
Health Care: $1,039 per month
Other Necessities: $1,379 per month
Taxes: $2,049 per month Our income is not even close to those numbers, but we don't have children living at home, or rent/mortgage.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2019 06:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Looks like I could motel it about 3 days on my salary.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 11:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
Most of the concern for cost of living appear to be coming from liberal states with high taxes and loads of regulations. You'll notice we don't have those same sort of problems with Conservative states... CO is getting bad because of the thousands of people moving here from CA who have destroyed their state, so they now want to destroy mine.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 11:53 am
@Baldimo,
Liberal states try to provide for all of its citizens. There’s good reason why Norway has the happiest people on this planet. Supply and demand controls cost.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 12:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Liberal states try to provide for all of its citizens. There’s good reason why Norway has the happiest people on this planet. Supply and demand controls cost.

Liberal states are the most taxed in the US, people are leaving those states and going to states where it costs less to live. Paying for one's citizens is a good ideal, but it isn't possible with all the money in the world.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 12:15 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
...people are leaving those states and going to states where it costs less to live.
. That's the reason we call the United States of America a "free country." We have the freedom to move wherever we wish. States and cities have different economic standards. I prefer living in Silicon Valley because of many reasons, some of which includes the climate, safety, the attraction of the best and brightest to our area, and easy access to San Francisco, San Jose, Monterey, Sacramento (where I was born and raised), and Mineta International Airport. I've been retired since 1998, and planned ahead for our retirement. Many families do not save enough for their retirement, and many try to survive on social security which is not sufficient to live in this area.
livinglava

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 12:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
We have the freedom to move wherever we wish. States and cities have different economic standards.

Freedom to migrate isn't sufficient to guarantee 'liberty and justice for all.' Migration patterns can lead to exploitative economic relationships at both the macro and micro levels.

There is more to freedom, liberty, and justice than being able to move away when you're unhappy with the situation where you are.