Kids in cages; how does anyone defend this

layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:44 am
Quote:
From the 2,498,375 foreign nationals outside detention during their court proceedings, 1,219,959 were ordered removed, 75 percent of them (918,098) for failing to appear. Only 25 percent of this group — some 301,861 people — actually litigated their claims.

https://cis.org/Report/Courting-Disaster
maporsche

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:48 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Do your own research. Google it.

So....no. You have no proof?

Got it. Smile Smile Very Happy
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:50 am
@layman,
Oh, so not that 3% number or the "virtually all" that you previously parroted form somewhere?

Got it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:55 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

maporsche wrote:

I read that they were tagged with ankle bracelets.

Ya don't say! I read that 97% never showed up for their "civil" hearing. Anybody can take off an ankle bracelet. Only people who respect the law leave those on when they're told to wear them.

You should contact the website where you got this incorrect number and let them know that they're lying to their readers.

I'm positive that it's a website where the highest of journalistic integrity is practiced and I'm sure they'd love to update their article or issue a retraction.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:04 am
In some jurisdictions it is as high as 97% failing to appear, but the nationwide average isn't much better. It seems that 75% skip out on the average.
layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:09 am
So, then, what happens when they fail to appear? A court order permitting their apprehension and deportation is issued, that's what. I think it's called an "order of removal."

Well, OK, what happens with those orders, then?

Under Obama, nothing. He refused to enforce them
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:16 am
@layman,
No evidence/source of that 97% in some jurisdictions I imagine?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:20 am
@Lash,
Quote:
trump’s decision to enforce prosecution of illegal immigration spiraled up the number of arrests, which spiraled up the number of family separations.

So Bernie is right: this crisis is Trump's own doing.
layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:24 am
Google the stats for appearance rate at the immigration court in East Los Angeles, eh?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:25 am
Arrests aren't even up (or are barely, depending on what you're looking at) when compared to the Obama administration.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/u14651/FY18_May_Graphic.jpg
layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:28 am
@Olivier5,
Heh, fulfilling the constitutional duty to enforce the law makes it his "own doing" that some murderer gets sent to prison, too, I suppose, eh, Ollie. He is responsible for overcrowding in jails too because, by God, people are being (gasp!) arrested when they commit crimes. Even worse, once arrested, they are savagely SEPARATED FROM THEIR CHILDREN!!!!!!
layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:32 am
@maporsche,
Heh. Is that July, August, and September 2018 showing on that map?

The zero tolerance policy started in April, not last year.

Hence the OUTRAGE. After Obama, the cheese-eaters now think that Trump is prohibited from enforcing the law.
maporsche

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:35 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Heh. Is that July, August, and September 2018 showing on that map?

The zero tolerance policy started in April, not last year.

Hence the OUTRAGE. After Obama, the cheese-eaters now think that Trump is prohibited from enforcing the law.

Well, no...."July, August, and September 2018" haven't happened yet, so they're not showing up.

It's still 2018, unless I'm really messed up.....hey, maybe YOU are really messed up. All that spinning has you thinking it's another year. I get it; I'd be backwards if I were you guys too.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:38 am
@layman,
I'm learning so much when I do my research! For instance, when I tried to do some research on what fake president but true jihadist Obama would do on his secret getaways to his native country Kenya to innocent american republican children.

It's unbelievable! Apparently, one of these poor children managed to carve this sketch in the hide of one of the already perished children. That's probably why the quality is somewhat poor, but I'm pretty sure Obama is the one in the background in the middle... Oh, the horror!

Look for yourself!
http://whale.to/c/bloodlibel6x6x6x.jpg

We should all be thankful that saint Trump has now arrived to shield the USA from the true horrors from the previous regime....
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:41 am
Quote:
Well, no...."July, August, and September 2018" haven't happened

Figures that you would entirely miss the point, Ma. Then you tell me that I don't know what year it is. Heh, nice try, cheese-eater.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:44 am
@layman,
The purpose, in the case of US citizens, is to avoid the incarceration of innocent children. But what's the purpose in the case of immigrants?
layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:46 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

The purpose, in the case of US citizens, is to avoid the incarceration of innocent children. But what's the purpose in the case of immigrants?

The same, Ollie. Try to keep up. That's why children are being placed with relatives or in child shelters.
maporsche

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:06 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:
Well, no...."July, August, and September 2018" haven't happened

Figures that you would entirely miss the point, Ma. Then you tell me that I don't know what year it is. Heh, nice try, cheese-eater.

Nice try? Use your words to form complete thoughts and that may help in our communication.

The claim I've seen made (maybe by you, but definitely by others on the right) is that child separations have increased BECAUSE arrests have increased (as in, already happened) when compared to Obama's years. That this wasn't something NEW Trump was doing, but a result of arrests going up, therefore child separations are going up.

Fact is...arrests haven't gone up...unless you don't believe the border patrol website.

DO try to keep up this time.
layman

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:25 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
The claim I've seen made (maybe by you, but definitely by others on the right) is that child separations have increased BECAUSE arrests have increased (as in, already happened) when compared to Obama's years. That this wasn't something NEW Trump was doing, but a result of arrests going up, therefore child separations are going up.

Fact is...arrests haven't gone up...unless you don't believe the border patrol website. DO try to keep up this time.

Hahahahaha. Learn to read. You don't seem to understand a single thing about this whole issue, Ma, even when it is explained to you in simple black and white language.

You want to cite last year's stats to supposedly disprove a NEW policy. Nice try, cheese-eater.
maporsche

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:39 pm
@layman,
Last year?

April 2018 AND May 2018 ARE ON THAT GRAPH. April 2018 and May 2018 are THIS YEAR and are supposedly post-Trump's Zero Tolerance policy.

Compare them to the Obama years; they haven't gone up.

Maybe I'm not that one that needs to learn to read.

You're not keeping up bud...