Another hoax shooting to fool the sheeple in order to bring in more gun control

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 05:54 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Maybe in your mind.

No. Militarized weapon is being used to refer to pistol grips in reality and you know it.

farmerman wrote:
Back atcha cosmo. Look at the vast majority of people who dont wish to live in fear of the constant threat of nuts with guns choosing to massacre innocent people and their kids.

There is no right to violate other people's civil rights.

farmerman wrote:
You have a habit of quote mining most people. You clip off the points mde.

That is because I like to focus my rebuttals directly on the points that I am rebutting.

If something is left out of a quote, that is because it is unrelated to whatever I am rebutting.

farmerman wrote:
If you would, please post those pistol grip statements yousaid I made and Id like to see how you "mined them"

It is hard to see how just linking directly to your posts is mining anything, or prevents you from viewing your post in its entirety. What you are requesting now seems more like the mining what you are complaining about.

But I'll go cut an paste your comments I guess since that is what you asked:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
farmerman wrote:
oralloy wrote:
The government has no good reason for banning pistol grips and flash suppressors, therefore it is unconstitutional to do so.

The Supremes are merely people of their times. You folks who prey for an overturn of Roe v Wade must also recognize that these decisions regarding guns are merely functions of todays court makeup. When the time is right and America is really fed up with such crap, Itll change
farmerman wrote:
With whatauthority do you assert that banning pistol grips is unconstitutional. Apparently youve not read the 94 assault weapons ban. Noone ever said it was Constitutional or unconstitutional. (Has the USSC upheld a law like the NFA with a decision on pistol grips??)
farmerman wrote:
perhaps the elimination of sales and the repeal of the"grandfather" status of these assault weapons would only be a part of the solution, but it would be a critical part nonetheless no matter what second amendment fans would say.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

farmerman wrote:
At least you agree that the govt is in the NRA pocket.

I always agree with facts and reality.
camlok

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 07:38 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I always agree with facts and reality.

Let's just see if your statement above is the truth or a lie.

FEMA found and described WTC structural steel from the twin towers and WTC 7 that had been melted and vaporized. That is a complete reality. That is a fact.

1. Do you agree that there was WTC structural steel from the twin towers and WTC 7 that had been melted and vaporized?

2. Do you agree that melted and vaporized WTC structural steel proves conclusively that there were no Arab hijackers as was alleged by the government of Bush/Cheney?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 08:26 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It is hard to see how just linking directly to your posts is mining anything
as you can see from the posts you clipped, I was merely responding to your posts which included pistol grips. Mining mine youve no doubt avoided the central point of what I probably said about lethality because your only point is a to preach that all Im looking for is to elimanate the scary gun look. I know in some post I had discounted the scary look factors as something that is a mere cosmetic package. I was however, against flash surpressors and silencers
SO you do agree that control of the number of rounds xpended before reload is desirable?? banana clips are something that Id like to see gone too.You ok with that??

All in all I guess we may just see how far Waynes world reaches out among the population at large.

oralloy

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 06:37 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
as you can see from the posts you clipped, I was merely responding to your posts which included pistol grips.

In one of the three cases, yes. And you were clearly not in favor of allowing people to have them.

farmerman wrote:
Mining mine youve no doubt avoided the central point of what I probably said about lethality because your only point is a to preach that all Im looking for is to elimanate the scary gun look.

I don't care if you are for other measures in addition to that. It is wrong to ban harmless cosmetic features no matter how many other things you support.

farmerman wrote:
I was however, against flash surpressors and silencers

Flash suppressors are harmless. There is no reason to ban them.

Up to this point, silencers have never been a problem as they are covered by the 1934 National Firearms Act.

We might get to see whether silencers are a problem or not if the SHARE Act passes. However it has not even come up for a vote in the House yet.

The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act and the Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act have both been passed by the House and are waiting for the Senate to take action on them.

farmerman wrote:
SO you do agree that control of the number of rounds xpended before reload is desirable?? banana clips are something that Id like to see gone too.You ok with that??

I wouldn't say desirable. I certainly won't like it.

But I understand the reason for it, and if it is not tied to an assault weapon ban I'll stand on the sidelines and not oppose it. (I speak only for myself though.)

However we do need enough ammo for self defense. I'd oppose reducing rifle magazines below five rounds, and oppose reducing handgun magazines below ten rounds.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 07:29 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You're free to die for the money. Enjoy!

Is that a threat? Are you threatening someone on the internet?
Olivier5

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 07:29 am
Quote:
#BoycottNRA: Enterprise, Omaha bank, end gun lobby deals as boycott movement gains steam
By Fred Barbash

Two major companies, Enterprise Holdings, Inc. and First National Bank of Omaha ended co-branding partnerships with the National Rifle Association Thursday as a #BoycottNRA social media movement picked up steam.

Olivier5

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 07:32 am
@McGentrix,
It's not a threat, just a probability. Assuming that Oral lives in the US, he may well end up shot at by a wacko or another.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 07:56 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
#BoycottNRA: Enterprise, Omaha bank, end gun lobby deals as boycott movement gains steam
By Fred Barbash

Two major companies, Enterprise Holdings, Inc. and First National Bank of Omaha ended co-branding partnerships with the National Rifle Association Thursday as a #BoycottNRA social media movement picked up steam.

Gee, that'll stop us from defending civil rights, won't it.

And starting their campaign by riling up the NRA and making sure we're all ready to fight, just like they did to us the last time around?

I think the gun control movement actually likes being defeated.

http://jokes.cc.com/funny-animal/m2rtxg/the-bear-hunter
camlok

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 10:51 am
@oralloy,
The NRA's wackos time is well nigh.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 12:20 pm
@alphabeta,
Not agreeing with you, openly.

Imagine this.
Young, disgruntled, teen - Known to be self-harming - Having made various (kill)-Threats - Known to intel agencies....
Imagine Many such individuals...
Imagine tracking, befriending and manipulating - (Via any online Social medium) Any or all of them, as a dear, trustworthy confidente - Having spent likeminded, quality time in their thoughts...

One push - One participant...
All it takes.
Ensuing marches, protests, sit/lay ins, media Focus, potus intervention.....
Gun lobby at arms, Texans on edge - Discord, disarray, disunity....
Civil unrest - Fear - paranoia - EEK!
One TINY seed planted
One HUGE tree of chaos birthed.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 12:32 pm
@oralloy,
we sortq agree about "cosmetics when lethality by numbers of shells is probably the issue of most concern.
Quote:
However we do need enough ammo for self defense. I'd oppose reducing rifle magazines below five rounds, and oppose reducing handgun magazines below ten rounds.
Long guns for hunting use (even the M1 garand) hd a 5 30 cal clip. Most tate hunting laws are tuned to long guns with a 5 shot limit. Shotguns need to be plugged at 3 and one in the chamber.

Pistols, 10 is about right for a semi. I ve gotten to be a fan of cylinders, they NEVER jam.

SO we can agree on something.

HOW ABOUT THE HUMAN FACTOR NOW?

oralloy

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 09:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I ve gotten to be a fan of cylinders, they NEVER jam.

There is supposed to be a way that a revolver can land if they are dropped just right that will prevent opening the cylinder to reload until the gun is serviced. However, any rounds already in the cylinder will still fire OK.

Ever heard of Tarnhelm? They are a small company that has made a smart-gun-like conversion for Smith and Wesson revolvers.

There is a small internal safety in the gun that is held in the safe position by a magnet. The only way to disengage the safety is to wear a special ring with an even stronger magnet.

So if you are wearing the ring, the gun will work for you. But if an adversary grapples the gun from your hands, the gun is instantly locked, and then instantly unlocked if it returns to your hands. The only way to ever fire the gun is to be wearing one of the special magnetic rings.

http://www.tarnhelm.com/magna-trigger/gun/safety/magna1.html

Of course, if it ever became widely known and adopted, a lot of bad guys might start wearing magnetic rings, thereby negating the advantage.

farmerman wrote:
HOW ABOUT THE HUMAN FACTOR NOW?

Due process is a must for any proposal.

No crazy ex-girlfriends having a guy's guns taken away based on unsubstantiated charges.
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:50 am
@oralloy,
hmmm, how is the difference in each ring made up? Is it by different gauss stripes??
Ill look into that.
oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 12:37 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
hmmm, how is the difference in each ring made up? Is it by different gauss stripes??

I have no idea.

farmerman wrote:
Ill look into that.

Note that they have a different design for the small J Frame revolvers, and if someone knew to do it, they could move the internal switch just by tilting the gun sideways.

This vulnerability doesn't exist for their primary design that is used in K, L, and N frame revolvers.

Of course, someone would still have to know of the vulnerability and recognize that they were dealing with such a modified gun before taking advantage of that.

I've often thought of getting such a modification myself. It could be a lifesaver if a bad guy grappled the gun out of my hands.

It looks like their website has not been maintained well over the years. The links to all the graphics seem to be broken. But since the website itself is still alive hopefully they are still in business.

Tarnhelm is supposed to be a magical helmet that confers invisibility in one of Wagner's operas. They are across the road from a state prison and didn't want to advertise that they are gunsmiths so they wouldn't become the first stop in any inmate's escape plans, so they took the name Tarnhelm to hide themselves.
0 Replies