Another hoax shooting to fool the sheeple in order to bring in more gun control

camlok

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:22 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
can a mistrust and disbelief in our politicians help change the gun culture?

It hasn't at all been apparent from USians to prevent the USA from illegally invading myriad sovereign nations and slaughtering tens of millions of innocents, farmer.

Actually, your comment above is very childish, exceedingly naive.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:23 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
How about you?

I prefer long guns.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 10:25 am
@farmerman,
The USA and its "citizenry" is a totally bought and lightly paid for group of highly gullible dupes.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 03:11 pm
@farmerman,
I think I posted this in the wrong thread Razz
farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:18 pm
@jcboy,
ok,we had a pasta with sopresseta and fava beans in a garlic sauce for dinner. .

MADE a news observation today when these kids were doing a lie in at the White House. THE NUMBER OF MILLENIALS and GEN Z is greater than the baby boomers (the PITA group of old farts (of which I am sadly a member). They will be a voting bloc greater tha the retired in the 2020 presidential election. I told my son, who is slightly older than a millenial to"Dont vote like the farts. We dont know sheeit."

0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 06:19 pm
Here is part of the introduction of a study done by Don B. Kates, an American criminologist and constitutional lawyer associated with the Pacific Research Institute in San Francisco, and Gary Mauser (Ph.D., University of California, Irvine, 1970), a criminologist and university professor at Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC Canada.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It may be useful to begin with a few examples. There is a compound assertion that (a) guns are uniquely available in the United States compared with other modern developed nations, which is why (b) the United States has by far the highest murder rate. Though these assertions have been endlessly repeated, statement (b) is, in fact, false and statement (a) is substantially so. Since at least 1965, the false assertion that the United States has the industrialized world’s highest murder rate has been an artifact of politically motivated Soviet minimization designed to hide the true homicide rates. Since well before that date, the Soviet Union possessed extremely stringent gun controls that were effectuated by a police state apparatus providing stringent enforcement. So successful was that regime that few Russian civilians now have firearms and very few murders involve them. Yet, manifest success in keeping its people disarmed did not prevent the Soviet Union from having at and away the highest murder rate in the developed world

www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
glitterbag

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 07:16 pm
@Glennn,
Are you making an argument that 17 people were not killed in Florida? I'm not arguing 2nd Amendment or pro or con gun controls, just did it happen or is it a hoax.
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 08:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
and both have extremely strong lobbies who claim that despite evidence, their products arent dangerous.

The NSSF has never said that guns are not dangerous.

The NSSF is not particularly strong either.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 09:01 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Something new appeared in the aftermath of this massacre, the kids themselves are banding and demanding. Maybe they just dont fully understand that nothing can happen when your politicians are bought and held by gun manufacturers through their puppet organizations posing as bogus "sportsmen".

It has nothing to do with money or gun manufacturers.

Otherwise yes. They don't fully understand.

I look forward to seeing their tears when it dawns on them that we will not allow them to violate our civil rights.

farmerman wrote:
can a mistrust and disbelief in our politicians help change the gun culture?

No.
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 09:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think that, if at least we can have gun laws like Canada I think wed see a big drop in gun massacres in school , churches, and public venues.

I'm sure that all the people killed with bombs will be much better off.

farmerman wrote:
I like the determination that many civilized countries use in their gun laws. They dont allow ownership and use of"weapons of war", which helps define such "Tools of mayhem".

Having a pistol grip on a rifle does not make it a weapon of war.

But I encourage you to continue self-sabotaging. If you focus on banning pistol grips again, you'll do much to bring down any future gun control efforts, just like you helped so much to bring down Obama's attempt.

farmerman wrote:
Whats been the result of the new Connecticut Laws?

I don't know. I haven't been paying attention to Connecticut.
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 09:03 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Glennn wrote:
But moreover, tell me why I shouldn't own a handgun.

If you're a US citizen affiliated with a well-regulated militia I can think of no reason.

Non-militiamen have the right to have guns suitable for self defense.

Militiamen have the right to have machine guns (real ones, not bump stocks), grenades and grenade launchers, anti-tank bazookas, and Stinger anti-aircraft missiles.

hightor wrote:
If you can't pass a proficiency test, have a psychological disability, can't control your temper, or play an accordion, you probably shouldn't own a handgun.

There are plenty of non-militiamen who meet those qualifications.

I'm presuming that you are using a reasonable meaning of psychological disability and are not counting people as psychologically disabled simply because they wear glasses or can't balance a checkbook.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 09:18 pm
@oralloy,
you remind me of the old one that said'You sound as positive as an accordion player with a beeper".
Quote:
It has nothing to do with money or gun manufacturers
Wow, what certainty. and Ill bet you still believe that cigarettes were never a health concern, the manufacturers always had the well-being of smokers first in their minds.

All successful movements start out being poo poo'd by "those who know better"
farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 09:44 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm sure that all the people killed with bombs will be much better off
one thing at a time I suppose.I predicted it would be about 2 generations before we come to our senses.

Quote:
Having a pistol grip on a rifle does not make it a weapon of war
I wasnt ever talking about "pistol grips or scary looks". One thing Im against is allowing banana clips and recievers on semi rifles (scary looking or not).Id say bump stocks are another mod.Why are the GOP politicians uniform;ly so silent about bump stocks?? Most didnt know what one was till Las Vegas. Think that they got a new injection of money from a mfr?

Anything that aids a gun in delivering a large amount of bullets before reload makes it a "weapon of war", not cosmetics. You apparently get confused with whom you talk about guns. I never was all excited about **** like grips, surpressors or slings, they dont make it fire faster or longer .

Quote:
I haven't been paying attention to Connecticut
My question was rhetorical. It can easily be found with a click or two.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 01:32 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Quote:
Pearls kept away from swines

Is this a French translation because you are butchering English?

Who cares? English is a French dialect anyway.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 04:14 am
@Olivier5,
You should always keep yer pearls away from yer swines. Next thing ya lnow,Theyll start puttin on lipstick.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 04:28 am
@farmerman,
Okay so now I have this image of Glenn, as an average Aussie bloke, putting on lipstick in front of the mirror... THANKS Farmer!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 04:42 am
what a pupiparous idea, fishing for carp.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 06:06 am
@farmerman,
You got me googling...

Quote:
Pupiparous. /pjuːˈpɪpərəs/ adjective. (of certain dipterous flies) producing young that have already reached the pupa stage at the time of hatching.

... and thinking. What could a 'pupiparous idea' be? Half cooked? Or just a simile of "preposterous"?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 06:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you remind me of the old one that said 'You sound as positive as an accordion player with a beeper".

When you know your facts, you know your facts.

And I know my facts.

farmerman wrote:
Wow, what certainty.

First-hand knowledge of the situation will tend to do that.

I know exactly where the power lies in the gun rights movement because I'm a part of that movement.

farmerman wrote:
and Ill bet you still believe that cigarettes were never a health concern, the manufacturers always had the well-being of smokers first in their minds.

I've never believed that.

farmerman wrote:
All successful movements start out being poo poo'd by "those who know better"

These young Freedom Haters have no ability to assail our position. That's just a fact.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 06:15 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
one thing at a time I suppose.

There is no way to prevent random people from building bombs if they are so inclined.

However, I misread your post because I was in a rush to go watch the Olympics. Since you were talking about ending massacres, I'd figured you were suggesting a gun ban.

I'll re-answer your point as you intended it.

farmerman wrote:
I predicted it would be about 2 generations before we come to our senses.

We're never going to give up our freedom.

farmerman wrote:
I wasnt ever talking about "pistol grips or scary looks".

That's what assault weapons are. You've advocated banning them.

farmerman wrote:
One thing Im against is allowing banana clips and recievers on semi rifles (scary looking or not).

Magazine sizes can be limited without also banning pistol grips.

I'm not sure what you mean by not allowing receivers. All (or at least almost all) semi-auto guns have a receiver.

farmerman wrote:
Id say bump stocks are another mod.Why are the GOP politicians uniform;ly so silent about bump stocks??

What is there to say about them?

farmerman wrote:
Think that they got a new injection of money from a mfr?

No.

farmerman wrote:
Anything that aids a gun in delivering a large amount of bullets before reload makes it a "weapon of war", not cosmetics.

The term assault weapon refers solely to cosmetic issues.

farmerman wrote:
You apparently get confused with whom you talk about guns. I never was all excited about **** like grips, surpressors or slings, they dont make it fire faster or longer.

I am very sure that you've argued in favor of assault weapons bans.