Another hoax shooting to fool the sheeple in order to bring in more gun control

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 05:42 am
@oralloy,
The truth is that we dont have a"lock" on world poverty and hoplessness. We have, instead, provided a convenient outlet for the affected to vent their frustrations and crazy anger.

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 06:11 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
naaah, youre missing the entire point (I dont think its by "not getting it though")

No, I answered your questions factually, truthfully, and completely.

farmerman wrote:
And the cigarette industry had no interest in providing counter "evidence" to health isues from smoking eh?

The gun industry is nothing even remotely like the cigarette industry.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 06:12 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The truth is that we dont have a"lock" on world poverty and hoplessness.

The truth is also that other places with similar levels of poverty, also have high homicide rates. Gun availability has little impact on this phenomena.

farmerman wrote:
We have, instead, provided a convenient outlet for the affected to vent their frustrations and crazy anger.

They have violent outlets regardless. That's why gun availability has very little impact on homicide rates.

There is something a bit immoral about not caring about the suffering that society causes, and just wanting to make sure that the victims can't lash out. But anyway, like I said, they have violent outlets regardless.
farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 06:32 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The gun industry has nothing to do with this.
Thats the primary difference between, say, the US and UK, or US and Canada.
remove the availability of guns from a manic depressive who has tendencies in"acting out" and you remove one of its abilities to do major damage.(Of course he can make napalm and RDX from a cookbook, but not conveniently-also, the events leading to an explosives attack seem to show that the US is among the safer countries.)

So we are sorta left with easy gun ownership being the single feature that lifts the US above all other "civilized" nations in per capita mass killings.

Your talents for total denial have reached full flower.
Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 08:35 am
@fresco,
Your comment was to suggest that Americans are uniquely prone to conspiracy theories, apparently because of personality disorders, and the expression "land of opportunity" is the clue for that. The governor of Florida is not to be considered an expert on that--and his comment referred to shootings, not to conspiracy theories. Are you so inept, logically, not to be able to make such a distinction? I would not for a minute deny that deadly shootings, while not unique to the United States, occur with an appalling regularity and with even more appalling numbers of victims. They do occur elsewhere, of course.

Do your really think you can get away with such a transparent bait and switch? Are you perhaps not capable of seeing the distinction yourself? Conspiracy theories are a dime-a-dozen, and conspiracy theorists are ubiquitous. We've got, at least, one Canadian, one Australian, one Indian, and Dog knows how many Russians engaged in that activity here.

You were speaking about conspiracy theorists, with your silly, off-the-cuff pop psychology. Challenged on that, you switch to the issue of shootings. In a pungent Americanism--don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.
fresco

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 11:28 am
@Setanta,
So pleased I am entertaining you and/or your leg !
We both know that a civililized exchange between the two of us is unlkely. I merely reiiterate than gun-ism and conspiracy-itis may have common roots as evidenced by the OP. Maybe my 'bigotry' comes from a lifetime exposure to British culture, with its non-commercial BBC, and its unarmed 'Bobbies', both of which render the aforesaid traits infantile. But who knows or cares ? Certainly not me !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 01:49 pm
The arson in Camden, in Denmark Place in 1980 killed 37 patrons of a pub--the arsonist was angry about being barred from the club. Sixteen people were killed in Hungerford in 1987. Eighteen were killed in Dunblane, Scotland, in a school shooting in 1988. Twelve were killed in Cumbria in a 2010 shooting spree. Six were killed in a vehicle and knife attack in Westminster, 23 killed in a bombing in Manchester and eight killed in the London Bridge vehicle attack--all of these in 2017.

I have already admitted, with no shame to me, that the gun situation in the United States is likely worse than it is anywhere outside of the middle east. You, however, were equating gun nuts, shooters and conspiracy theorists. Hilariously, you attempted to justify that silly mix of disparate examples of mental illness by citing the governor of Florida. (By the way, the governor of Florida is not a member of the United States government.) I was pointing out the folly of equating those mental conditions. Most gun-nuts are unlikely to commit mass-murder. The shooter in Florida was not known to be obsessed with guns, and the assault rifle he used was merely a tool with which he acted out his psychopathic rage.

When it comes to conspiracy nuts, all nations are equal--your nationalistic bigotry notwithstanding.
fresco

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 02:28 pm
@Setanta,
On the 'equality of nations' I note your citation of about half a dozen atrocities committed on British soil over the last 40 years, some of which had 'standard' terrorist origins. If you think that sits well as a comparison with the eighteen US high school shootings this year alone there is nothing more to add.
camlok

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 03:19 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
What is the something that Americans have in abundance that nurtures such horrendous actions?

Pretty much everyone in the USA is a war monger. War mongering is in the blood of Americans and it is maintained by the war mongering propaganda of the gigantic US propaganda mill.

0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 03:22 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Your talents for total denial have reached full flower.

Whoa, here you are pointing finger again, a guy whose delusion/denial levels have reached critical stage. A "scientist" who is in full denial mode.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 03:33 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Your comment was to suggest that Americans are uniquely prone to conspiracy theories, apparently because of personality disorders, and the expression "land of opportunity" is the clue for that.

Americans ARE uniquely prone to conspiracy theories, they buy into their governments' conspiracy theories all the time!!

You all are conspiracy theorists, people who believe in the absolutely wackiest CT ever. There is NO evidence for the USG Conspiracy Theory about 19 Arab hijackers hijacking airplanes and there is so MUCH hard science, hard facts, realities, evidence against the USG cockamamie conspiracy theory that you have all bought into lock stock and barrel.

Look, farmerman the scientist can't even honestly address the science because he knows it will reveal the USGCT is utter drivel.

If you folks actually used adult like thinking, just one of these impossibilities of the USGCT would be enough to tell you the USGCT is a fable.

Temperatures high enough to melt and vaporize WTC structural steel mean that there were NO hijackers. This molten steel lasted until February 2002. That too is impossible without the nanothermite, a solely owned US government/US military super explosive.

0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 03:34 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:
atrocities committed on British soil

You've got to be desperate to dredge up Hungerford and Dunblane.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 03:39 pm
The funniest thing of all is that not a one of you folks provided the tiniest bit of evidence to prove the OP was out to lunch with their supposition/CT/theory/... .
Glennn

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 03:44 pm
@camlok,
Yeah, more often than not, that's par for the course here.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 03:52 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Thats the primary difference between, say, the US and UK, or US and Canada.

Those countries have gun industries too. There are two major differences between us and them.

a) We have a population that refuses to give up our freedom.

b) They actually take care of people who are mentally ill.

"A" is the reason why we are free and they are not.

"B" is the reason why their mentally ill people don't end up going on shooting sprees.

farmerman wrote:
remove the availability of guns from a manic depressive who has tendencies in"acting out" and you remove one of its abilities to do major damage.(Of course he can make napalm and RDX from a cookbook, but not conveniently

I'm pretty sure that people who are killed with bombs are just as dead, so there is no solution there.

Note also that even if removing guns actually would stop massacres, the American people would still never give up our freedom.

farmerman wrote:
-also, the events leading to an explosives attack seem to show that the US is among the safer countries.)

That's because people usually choose guns instead of bombs. Remove their ability to choose guns and they'll turn to bombs.

farmerman wrote:
So we are sorta left with easy gun ownership being the single feature that lifts the US above all other "civilized" nations in per capita mass killings.

No. If killers used bombs, the people they killed would be just as dead. The reason why their mentally ill people don't go on killing sprees is because they don't abandon them.
farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 03:56 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
is the reason why we are free and they are not
Your idea of freedom is to be free to kill your fellow citizens and their children eh? Put your "mighty intellect" to work on solutions, not continually pumping out stupid bumper stickers for idiots

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 04:08 pm
@fresco,
There have not been eighteen high school shootings. Nevertheless, I have already stipulated that there are more mass killings in the United States.

You are practicing deception again, in your desperate attempt to divert the discussion from your completely unwarranted claim that conspiracy theorists are more common in the United States than elsewhere. Your original remarks were not about shooters; the governor of Florida was talking about shootings; you were claiming that conspiracy theorists are more common in the United States--a claim for which you have no support.
camlok

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 04:33 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You are practicing deception again, in your desperate attempt to divert the discussion from your completely unwarranted claim that conspiracy theorists are more common in the United States than elsewhere. ... you were claiming that conspiracy theorists are more common in the United States--a claim for which you have no support.

Of course USians are more prone to conspiracy theories. They have a lifetime of brainwashing that has told them that they have enemies the world over that are out to "steal their freedoms". It stands to reason that people this gullible would fall for conspiracy theories.

You can see this just in the microcosm that is A2K. Nobody who pretends to believe in the US government conspiracy theory wants to discuss anything about the US government conspiracy theory because they know it is an impossible tale that cannot be true.

[See study below in quote box]

We can see it's true with just a look around. The majority of Americans, though it's not a large majority, still believe the impossible US government conspiracy theory about OBL organizing 19 Arab hijackers to seize 4 planes, blah blah blah ad nauseum.

That means that the majority of USians believe in a conspiracy theory, the one the Bush/Cheney government told them. When in reality, it is a completely impossible conspiracy theory. There isn't even any evidence for the alleged hijackers for dog's sakes!!!!

Quote:
“We found clear evidence that the United States is a strongly conspiratorial society,” study lead author Christopher Bader, a sociologist at Chapman University in California, said in a statement. “We see a degree of paranoia in the responses. Most indicative is nearly one-third of respondents believed the government is concealing information about ‘the North Dakota crash,’ a theory we asked about that — to our knowledge — we made up.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/half-of-americans-believe-911-conspiracy-theories_us_5804ec04e4b0e8c198a92df3

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 09:10 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Your idea of freedom is to be free to kill your fellow citizens and their children eh?

No. I said nothing about eliminating laws against murder.

farmerman wrote:
Put your "mighty intellect" to work on solutions,

In my last few posts I just described the cause of the problem and the solution to it.

farmerman wrote:
not continually pumping out stupid bumper stickers for idiots

All I do is point out facts and reality. The truth may or may not be a bumper sticker slogan, but it remains the truth regardless.
camlok

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:09 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
All I do is point out facts and reality.

That is patently false. The post right before this one of yours, and many others which catalog the myriad impossibilities in the USGOCT have you not facing reality at all, you haven't come remotely close to facing reality or the facts.

Here's just two reminders:

1. US government proprietary nanothermite found in WTC dust, along with the by products of those nanothermitic reactions.

2. The WTCs 1, 2 & 7 molten/vaporized structural steel. Not possible within the confines of the USGOCT. That means the USGOCT is a fallacious conspiracy theory.