Another hoax shooting to fool the sheeple in order to bring in more gun control

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 06:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think that, if at least we can have gun laws like Canada I think wed see a big drop in gun massacres in school , churches, and public venues.

I'm presuming that you mean their restrictions in ammo capacity.

Note that the Second Amendment protects our right to carry guns when we go about in public, so there is no chance of Canada-style restrictions on that front.

Anyway, presuming that you are referring to restrictions in ammo capacity, that will not stop people from lashing out with guns if they are so inclined. It'll just make them reload more often.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 07:05 am
@oralloy,
The US will never solve its gun addiction through peaceful, democratic means. They will either keep limping from one fix to the next, from one massacre to the next, forever, or they will overdose at some point and have a civil war between the gun suckers and the adults. Hopefuly the adults will win.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 08:44 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Note that the Second Amendment protects our right to carry guns when we go about in public, so there is no chance of Canada-style restrictions on that front.
Can you think of any amendments that were later amended??

Use complete sentences . There will be partial credit for attempts at logical attempts at denial.

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 08:59 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
That's what assault weapons are. You've advocated banning them

Wrongidy wrong .
Ive advocated against several aspects of assault weapons. ONCE more, Im against the capacity and the construction of the gun to receive , say, a banana clip.
State hunting laws govern the top number of shells that can be within the breech or slide. In Pa and NY and most of the hunting world, Its under 5 without reloading.

These few construction as[pect coupled with better background checks . Canada still hs 28 days with a much better cross check than we have. Pa has one of the better gun checks and background checks and still much gets overlooked.

useless short barrels just to keep a long gun concealed also gotta go.

handguns is where most of the annual murder harvest is collected. Gun mfrs can have all kinds of gizmos making the firing easier. Im sure they can put their brains to work to come up with wifi enabled"secure" guns or better security locks and safeties.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 09:02 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
There is no way to prevent random people from building bombs if they are so inclined.

NO WAY?? . I can recall reading that there was a time in the 1800's when someone said "EVERYTHING HAS BEEN INVENTED" as if wed never have tv or aeroplanes or the cloud.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 09:10 am
@Olivier5,
Im always dubious about saying "never". Ive lived through several major upheavals in science in my 60 years. So, Im hopeful we can solve the qapon problem while still maintaining our 2nd amendment rights.

Canadian gun laws would make a novel test in our supreme court. They made war mostly against ammo and ammo capacity and a minor war against gun cosmetics. Their background check is 28 days nd theyeve taken the aspect of "match the gun to the work"
(Nobody goes hunting moose with a .222 up there because
Its stupid to piss of a moose in hunting season and its cruel to not deliver a sufficient (F=m a) killing shot as quickly s possible

Glennn

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 09:17 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Are you making an argument that 17 people were not killed in Florida?

I looked over my posts for you. And no, I have made no such argument. What made you think that that was my argument?

Now, why can I not own a handgun?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:15 am
@Glennn,
You can own a hand gun, I just started getting confused by the title of this thread "Hoax Shooting". (I've owned handguns, but not any more)

(Someone important to me attempted suicide with the gun, I decided I can do with out one)
Olivier5

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 10:55 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
They made war mostly against ammo 

French law works the same way, by and large. One can buy many guns but not many ammo... but the law is but a tiny part of the issue. You guys have a unique culture of gun hoarding. You got to work on that too.

I'm not optimistic, having seen so many of these mass killings come and go without any effect on the culture or legislation. My view is that somebody should give the NRA its own medecine, Duharte style. Kill a few gun manufacturers and save hundreds of kids.
alphabeta

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 11:14 am
@centrox,
On what evidence? Internet Archive Wayback machine records no traffic at Sandy Hook Elementary School between 2008 and the end of 2012.

The school was found to be contaminated with asbestos in 2008.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 11:19 am
@Olivier5,
or make gun mfrs economically responsible on perhaps a per capita basis, where the more people shot in a single incident the higher the liability on a dollar per life basis. Maybe thatd get all these clowns off thwir asses and become pqrt of a solution rather than sitting there claiming 2nd amendment dont cost lives.
Glennn

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 12:07 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Someone important to me attempted suicide with the gun, I decided I can do with out one

Getting rid of your handgun will not dissuade anyone from committing suicide. Denying one particular means to people who are motivated to take their own life will simply push them to some other means.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 12:56 pm
@farmerman,
That's a good idea. Tax them if you can't teach them.

I think the NRA is part of the problem and it needs to go. One way or the other. My call for murder is admitedly histrionic and unresponsible but hey, I ecourage an all out assault, through as many means as possible such as shunning them, shaming them, defunding congress members who receive their money. Draw them to court. Tax them. Vote them out. Extoll a price as high as possible on this antisocial organisation called the NRA and all its donors and affiliates. They are your kids' real murderers. I'm serious.

Take them out by any means necessary (and err.. okay, legal). Yesterday.

Otherwise with millions of guns and megatons of ammo out there, with a vibrant gun addiction in your culture, with the growth in numbers of the post-truth neo-liars in Trump's wake, with the perverse nature of social media... the copy-cat potential of these things will grow regularly until it's your own kids, your own grand kids, your own nephews and nieces, who will die.

Kids' safety and protection is an existential necessity for any group. Adults protect their kids; that what us mammals do. Baboons know that, instinctively.
camlok

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 01:03 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
and its cruel to not deliver a sufficient (F=m a) killing shot as quickly s possible

All the US war crimes, illegal invasions, planned genocides, ... illustrate clearly that the US has a huge cruel streak right thru its ugly middle.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 03:28 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Someone important to me attempted suicide with the gun, I decided I can do with out one

Getting rid of your handgun will not dissuade anyone from committing suicide. Denying one particular means to people who are motivated to take their own life will simply push them to some other means.

I’m not telling anyone they can’t have a handgun. I may decide I need one in the future, but at that time I decided not having the gun was better than not having my loved one. It’s been 25 years and he is still among the living, I’m simply saying that I have owned handguns, I still have a shotgun and I may (if I choose) buy a handgun in the future.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 04:07 pm
There's news that Russian chatbots picked up on news about the Florida massacre immediately after it occurred and began flooding Twitter with divisive posts about it.

It seems they're at work here on A2K as well.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 04:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
Many people here started on New York Times Abuzz, when that went belly up several other forums sprung up with many of the older members following. It’s not crazy to think foreign adversaries will read our major publicans and join. Sowing chaos has always been the Russians favorite tactic, maybe they are not here but it’s crazy to think it’s beneath their attention.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 04:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Ive had opinions about several folks herein.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 04:53 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

Yeah, I've had the same thoughts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 04:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
There's news that Russian chatbots picked up on news about the Florida massacre immediately after it occurred and began flooding Twitter with divisive posts about it.

or they're reading the bots' fine work and believing it

we don't get as much stuff directly from rt as we used to

now it's just the fankids following them