How Much Tolerance Should We Have for Hitler?

australia

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 07:39 pm
maybe he was insecure because he was missing a testicle.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 08:05 pm
That sounds familiar...Was that discovered before or after his death?
0 Replies

australia

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 09:47 pm
I am not sure. I don't even know if it is true or folklore.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 10:40 pm
His paranoidness seemed obvious to me. He was envious when her niece tried to flirt with other guys, and to make sure she would continue to love him, Hitler bought her all sorts of things and treated her like a princess.

He had neural problems later in his life. The left side of his body was shaky (possibly Parkinson's), and he would drag his feet while walking, he would slouch, and occasionally, drool. He slept through the German defeat by the Russians.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 03:40 am
Ah yes, I read where he was sleeping a lot in the latter years of the war because he took sleeping tablets at night to make him sleep and then would be lethargic the next day.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:17 am
He's a night owl. He once went without sleep for about 40 hours.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:24 pm
Lucifer, you should go to garmisch partenkirchen. They sell heaps of hitler souvenirs and books there
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:36 pm
Mein Kampf is good enough for me. It's online in English.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:10 pm
When amazon started on the internet, mein kampf was the most popular book ordered by germans.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:15 pm
Wow, it's still popular today...
Is it true that Lloyd Georges, Chamberlain and Stalin said some "good" things about Hitler? I read that on a site somewhere, but don't know if it's true.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:23 pm
Chamberlain, in a letter to his sister in 1936, said of Hitler;

"Now here is a man, a true statesman, a man I feel I can really trust."
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:43 pm
The funny thing is, Hitler did lie sometimes.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 01:57 am
Lucifer, is mein kampf any good? I have never read it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 03:07 am
There was a book out earlier this year that said Hitler was blind for a few months.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 04:18 am
Lucifer would know that, he gets off on hitler information hehe. Only joking lucifer!
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 08:46 am
It's quite easy to find information on Hitler. Either post on a history forum, or read things like Mein Kampf or this other article at http://www.historyplace.com

Yes, he was blinded by some gas during the war, and later, when he had neural problems, this article claimed he had to wear certain lens because he couldn't see very well.

Mein Kampf is okay, and the ideas are good (albeit for the wrong purpose), but only if you don't get bored of reading politics and such.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:57 pm
What ideas in Mein Kampf did you think were good, exactly, Lucifer?
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 04:23 pm
The way he talked about teaching history. He said history shouldn't be taught for memorizing the dates and the events, but more on the discussion part, like why it happened, and it's effects and such.

I don't remember it exactly, but there was some other stuff about what he was thinking, and what he was doing with the ideas, and that he wanted to be sure he was getting enough information, so he suggested that it was best to read books, and gather information from sources until you're thirty, because that way, you'll have enough experience to judge whether or not your political ideas are correct, and if people do agree with you, that you aren't likely to change your mind over mistakes in your ideas, and people won't feel betrayed.

If Hitler followed this, he could have been correct, but I think his inability to agree with others, and rigidity in his own ideas instead of considering others was his flaw.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 07:29 pm
Hitler seems a bit hypocritical going on about reading books when he was the one who issued the burning of them.

I have never read mein kampf. Russel Crowe did for his role in romper stomper and said he went crazy for a week after reading it.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 07:36 pm
He burned the books because they were written by Jews. When he started thinking that Jews were inferior, he probably started thinking that their books were also inferior, and hence, not worth reading.
0 Replies