How Much Tolerance Should We Have for Hitler?

Lucifer

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:58 am
This used to be a nice, civilized discussion, and people weren't using ad hominem attacks, but now we're unnecessarily arguing about whether or not I'm a Nazi and some other unnecessary tangents. If all you're going to say is "it's horrible, it's horrible, and it's horrible, I don't want to hear it", then maybe this isn't the right topic for you to be posting in.

I'm more interested in Hitler than in Elvis because Hitler does have a negative connotation. Without all the problems he caused, there would be nothing to solve and no people (who fight against Hitler) to call heroes.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:23 am
Lucifer wrote
Quote:
I'm more interested in Hitler than in Elvis because Hitler does have a negative connotation. Without all the problems he caused, there would be nothing to solve and no people (who fight against Hitler) to call heroes.
[/b][/i]

And that in your mind would be a problem? I sure the people and the unborn generations that he killed would lament the fact that we would have no people to call heroes.
You are one sick puppy.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:31 am
Lucifer wrote:
This used to be a nice, civilized discussion, and people weren't using ad hominem attacks, but now we're unnecessarily arguing about whether or not I'm a Nazi and some other unnecessary tangents. If all you're going to say is "it's horrible, it's horrible, and it's horrible, I don't want to hear it", then maybe this isn't the right topic for you to be posting in.

Actually if you think about it Elvis is probably responsible for sending more souls to Hell than Hitler.... he popularized that Devil rock and roll with it's jungle rhythms and seductive message...carrying it to the suburbs and ruining the lives of several generations of decent god fearing white children and..... oh oh wait! Now I'm a racist....****.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:46 am
au1929 wrote:
Lucifer wrote
Quote:
[/b][/i]

And that in your mind would be a problem? I sure the people and the unborn generations that he killed would lament the fact that we would have no people to call heroes.
You are one sick puppy.

What would be a problem? I didn't say specifically what his problem is.
Apparently, you're missing the point. I didn't say that we should have problems, just for the sake of it, but if there were no problems or conflicts, then people wouldn't be motivated to do the great things they do. If we never had problems or conflicts, we may not realize the potential that other people had. Don't assume that when I speak of a person's potential, that it is always related to war and killing people--it could be for resolving conflicts or keeping peace.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 10:52 am
Lucifer
A very sick puppy.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 12:12 pm
Ad hominem attack again.

Then I suppose you should be content in a boring world where nothing happens, whether for good, or for bad.

Those that we call heroes bring courage, inspiration and admiration. If we never had those, we might be boring and bland.

If you can't say anything constructive, then it's advisable that you shouldn't be posting here.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:04 pm
Lucifer
I should remind you that anyone is free to post on this forum. That should be obvious since you are allowed to post.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:08 pm
au1929 wrote:
Lucifer
I should remind you that anyone is free to post on this forum.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:26 pm
Walter
Yes Walter I agree. Even the ludicrous ramblings being issued by Lucifer are permissible.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:31 pm
If you're just going to be here to attack me with ad hominem and strawman fallacies, I would suggest you find someone else to pick on. You can post here all you want, but if all you're going to see is "it's horrible, it's horrible, and it's horrible, I don't want to hear it", then you're wasting your time.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:51 pm
Lucifer
IMO Both of what you have written and it's author deserves only attack and ridicule.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:04 pm
Attacking the author has no place in a debate. That's why it's properly termed ad hominem.

By saying that, you're also lowering yourself to the "it's horrible, it's horrible, and it's horrible, I don't want to hear it" level, which means that since you don't seem to understand what I'm saying, or you're not explaining why you don't see what I'm getting at, you're going to attack my posts instead.
An awful lot of good that is.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:14 pm
I understand full well where you are coming from and with each ludicrous statement you reinforce it. Your motives and beliefs are quite transparent whether you think so or not.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:18 pm
Saying that you understand something doesn't mean you do. Judging by your responses, you don't.

You may think my motives and beliefs are transparent, but you have only yourself to blame for plugging your ears while yelling, "La, la, la! I can't hear you!"

If you can't at least accept that our morals may differ, then maybe you shouldn't waste your time here.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 05:07 pm
What morality do you find in attempting to justify and excuse Hitler. As for pluging my ears, you are coming in loud and clear. Only the rules of this forum keeps me from voicing what I think of you and your supposed morals. .
0 Replies