How Much Tolerance Should We Have for Hitler?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 10:21 pm
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 12:05 am
"Are you trying to defend what Hitler did??"
(And anyone else who's asking)

No. I just want someone to tell me what their tolerance is without simply telling me that he killed millions of Jews. I mean I already know that. Why don't you give me a reason (why Hitler is wrong) that I don't already know?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 12:57 am
Lucifer wrote:
"Are you trying to defend what Hitler did??"
(And anyone else who's asking)

No. I just want someone to tell me what their tolerance is without simply telling me that he killed millions of Jews. I mean I already know that. Why don't you give me a reason (why Hitler is wrong) that I don't already know?

If millions of murders doesn't make you stop tolerating, nothing I can give you will.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 08:45 am
Child of the light wrote

Quote:
Are you trying to defend what Hitler did?? Not a good idea.

That has been evident from the outset.He has been attempting to sell Hitler as a victim of circumstances. His theme has been that Hitler wasn't a bad guy it was the "devil who made him do it". In that he is correct but it was the devil within.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 08:39 am
au1929 wrote:
Child of the light wrote

Quote:

That has been evident from the outset.He has been attempting to sell Hitler as a victim of circumstances. His theme has been that Hitler wasn't a bad guy it was the "devil who made him do it". In that he is correct but it was the devil within.
Stop trying to put the words in my mouth, au1929. You're the only one suggesting that, but I'm not defending Hitler. That's what I meant when people tried to attack my curiosity.

I was hoping, since this was an "able2know" forum, that someone could tell me a better reason for their tolerance besides killing millions of Jews, and the stuff the general audience already knows (ie, not very much). Just saying that Hitler killed millions of Jews is just too simple.

If I did want to shove people to think that Hitler really wasn't wrong, then I would have voted in the poll, but I haven't.

I hope it is clear, that by posting some questions and statements, that people would consider them, but I hope that people would also consider them with a grain of salt because I may not necessarily support them. It's my way of getting information and opinions from people, by what their responses are to certain perspectives of looking at the concept, but if you're just going to post here to try and attack me, I can see that this isn't going to work.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 11:59 am
Lucifer, I was hoping that you would see the ccnnection from some of my posts in this forum. I know I'm stupid and ignorant, but the reality is that most cultures have been involved in some form of mass killings, rape, and destruction on the basis of politics, religion, culture, tribe, race, and other subjective reasons. It was proven by experiments at Stanford and Yale universities that normal, intelligent, people, will become tyranical if given the opportunity and environment. That only proves that most or all of us are capable of atrocities against other people given the right opportunities and environment. It doesn't excuse what Hitler did as some people on this forum seem to imply, but no antisocial behavior that harms other people is acceptable. Curiosity about what happened in history doesn't necessarily approve what happened. Historians continually update information about history as more information becomes available. Curiosity doesn't equate to approval.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:01 pm
au1929 wrote:
Child of the light wrote

Quote:

au1929: BINGO!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:55 pm
Lucifer

I don't know, perhaps you only choose the wrong words for me.

But I live in the oubtry, which name and reputation is still destroyed by the period, the Nazis were ruling us.

I never could understand, why someone halfway intelligent followed him and the NSDAP, but I didn't live in that time, and thus I don't know, how I would have reacted then. (I've some doubts, however, that I would have have experienced all those years alive.)

I can't explain it better, but your questions sound similar to those like "I have nothing against xxxx, but ...".
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 04:37 pm
So in order for me to ask what other good reasons should we be considering Hitler besides the shallow ones that the general audience already knows, I'm supposed to approve of Hitler? So I can't ask these questions while taking on a neutral stance? I've explained that several times, but seeing that I'm not getting it across, maybe I'll wait here until someone has something constructive to say, instead of attacking me for approving or not approving of Hitler.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 04:48 pm
Lucifer wrote:
So in order for me to ask what other good reasons should we be considering Hitler besides the shallow ones that the general audience already knows, I'm supposed to approve of Hitler? So I can't ask these questions while taking on a neutral stance? I've explained that several times, but seeing that I'm not getting it across, maybe I'll wait here until someone has something constructive to say, instead of attacking me for approving or not approving of Hitler.

Why do you even need other good reasons to disapprove of Hitler?

Well, I know he had a hand in millions of deaths, but I am still gonna keep a neutral stance on this one, ya know until I learn something horrible about the guy.

I have a question for you, Are you retarded?
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:25 pm
So you're going to be happy with your one good reaon, right? If that's how you write your argumentative essays, then I feel sorry for you.

"Well, I know he had a hand in millions of deaths, but I am still gonna keep a neutral stance on this one, ya know until I learn something horrible about the guy."

You've just put shoved the words in my mouth. It's not what he does that is horrible--a million deaths is horrible, but I'm neutral because I'm neutral to most things. It is important to have a neutral stance because I want to consider things as objectively as possible. But all I'm seeing is "it's horrible, it's horrible, and it's horrible, I don't want to hear it", instead of "Why are there people like that? Is there a part of Hitler that we don't know, and should we pity that part, while disapproving the other?"

Well, I also have a question for you: Do you need to ask a "retarded" person to know they're retarded?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:30 pm
Child of the Light

Did you really need to ask?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:16 pm
I understand your desire to keep an objective point of view on most things, and that is the most open minded approach to things...But you have to abandon your desire to be uberly open minded when the subject is Hitler. There is only 1 acceptable point of view on Hitler.

When I was a child boy, I was a dirty racist, and Hitler and his actions amazed me. Did I go and broadcast that? No, because even at the height of my pigheadedness, I knew what the public opinion on Hitler was, and the backlash that would come with glorifying Hitler.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:46 pm
I'm not glorifying him either. Nice little story though. What's wrong with being open-minded about the subject of Hitler? IF I were less open-minded, I could have easily supported his actions, just as it is easy for you to say he's wrong simply because he killed millions of people.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:49 pm
Lucifer isn't just your member name, is it? Evil or Very Mad

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:00 pm
You wish. If you wanted to know how I chose that name, I'll tell you, but I also thought it was close because some people do think I'm evil. And other people think I'm nasty.

I'm bearable because I humor them.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:03 pm
Lucifer wrote:
What's wrong with being open-minded about the subject of Hitler? IF I were less open-minded, I could have easily supported his actions, just as it is easy for you to say he's wrong simply because he killed millions of people.

Reread that^^^^^^^

It is insane to me, you needing more than genocide, mind-bendingly evil medical experiments, and mass murder to recognize someone as disapprovable.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:50 pm
evidently Hitler is not someone peop[le can look at from an objective or a neutral position. Little wonder. The guy was a prototype anti christ figure no question.

None of the scientific breakthroughs that took place during his reign or any of his positive achievments can outweigh his monstrous genocidal activities. That's that. F*#k him.
0 Replies

Lucifer

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 08:23 pm
And by using a subjective perspective, all you can say is "it's horrible, it's horrible, and it's horrible, I don't want to hear it", instead of the more enlightening, "why?" A subjective perspective is not necessarily true, and an objective perspective tries to be as accurate as much as possible.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:12 am
Who do you think has been the subject of more speculation

Hitler or Elvis?
0 Replies