Third Debate: Your Comments

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:42 pm
But, freeduck, how do you think ANY gay person would like to be trounced across the stage in a nationally televised TV debate?

He used her sexuality like a club against her father for personal gain.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:43 pm
the bush administration has persecuted gays idealogically and made it obvious how they feel about them. Let 'em take a little personal heat. I think it's important to know that even personal experience is incapable of softening their black self serving hearts.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:43 pm
What'd ya'all think of his view that education (or lack thereof) makes one poor? Confused So if you are unemployed, it's because you're uneducated. If you've been discriminated against, you're uneducated. You have no healthy insurance? You're uneducated.

With a B.A. in biology where I live, you can land a job at Office Max, Borders, on the police force, continue to clean houses as self-employed, or go on to school for anothe year and get your teaching certificate, or else leave the island...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:44 pm
How have they persecuted gays? Bush has said plenty of tolerant, compassionate stuff.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:45 pm
I dunno. The unemployed that I know are educated and experienced.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:45 pm
oh, Lash, do you actually know any gay people?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:47 pm
Lash wrote:
How have they persecuted gays? Bush has said plenty of tolerant, compassionate stuff.

bush has said plenty that's for sure....no argument there....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:47 pm
Of course I do. Doesn't everybody?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:48 pm
Also, Bush says:

Quote:
Most of the tax cuts went to low and middle income Americans, and now the tax code is more fair, 20 percent of the upper income people pay about 80 percent of the taxes in America today because of how we structured the tax cuts.

Reality?
In 2004, Top One Percent Will Receive Average Tax Cut Of $35,000; Middle Class Will Receive Average Tax Cut Of $647. The benefits of Bush's tax cuts primarily benefit the rich. The top one percent of households will receive tax cuts averaging almost $35,000--or 54 times more than middle-class families. Households with incomes above $1 million will receive tax cuts averaging about $123,600. [Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, 4/14/04]
George Bush's Plan Shifts the Tax Burden to the Middle Class. In contrast, under the Bush plan the "Tax Burden Shifts to the Middle" according to a Washington Post headline, and "middle America - average annual income $75,600 - saw its share of the federal tax burden increase from 18.7 percent to 19.5 percent." In addition, George Bush has imposed a tax of thousands of dollars on families through higher costs for health care, gasoline, college tuition, and state and local taxes. [Washington Post, 8/13/04]
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:48 pm
the best question I heard tonight was when Chris Matthews asked, in response to bushs' contention that sexuality is a choice "When did you choose Mr. President?" And that Lash is where he persecutes gays ideologically. bush seems to think that we are all born heterosexual and then some CHOOSE to deviate from natural law........
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:50 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

If I was having a BBQ and some beers I would want bush around to turn the chicken and run to the grocery for more beer, but I doubt I'd include him in any conversation......

I'm not sure I'd trust him with the beer money. :wink:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:51 pm
Bush didn't say sexuality is a choice. More partisanship from the liberal news media. He said, "I don't know." An honest answer.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:58 pm
princesspupule wrote:
What'd ya'all think of his view that education (or lack thereof) makes one poor? Confused So if you are unemployed, it's because you're uneducated. If you've been discriminated against, you're uneducated. You have no healthy insurance? You're uneducated.

With a B.A. in biology where I live, you can land a job at Office Max, Borders, on the police force, continue to clean houses as self-employed, or go on to school for anothe year and get your teaching certificate, or else leave the island...

Of what use is a good education if there is no job to apply it? It's clear to me that the President is out of touch with reality and common sense. His answer was just another example of side stepping the issue.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:18 pm
Here's another place where he was out of touch. Mad
Quote:
SCHIEFFER: New question, Mr. President, to you. We are talking about protecting ourselves from the unexpected, but the flu season is suddenly upon us. Flu kills thousands of people every year. Suddenly we find ourselves with a severe shortage of flu vaccine. How did that happen?

BUSH: Bob, we relied upon a company out of England to provide about half of the flu vaccines for the United States citizen, and it turned out that the vaccine they were producing was contaminated. And so we took the right action and didn't allow contaminated medicine into our country. We're working with Canada to hopefully -- that they'll produce a -- help us realize the vaccine necessary to make sure our citizens have got flu vaccinations during this upcoming season. My call to our fellow Americans is if you're healthy, if you're younger, don't get a flu shot this year. Help us prioritize those who need to get the flu shot, the elderly and the young.

WAIT! Stop the presses!!! We can get FLU VACCINES from Canada but we can't REIMPORT the drugs WE made and then sold to Canada????? Makes. No. Sense. Seriously, how do all those Canadians not just drop dead all the time? Between "gubbermint healthcare," icky flu vaccines that aren't good enough for us, and scary scary prescription drugs, how do our neighbors to the north even LIVE????

Shocked
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:19 pm
My good education is most helpful to my career. Although I know I am blessed and fortunate to have a great job, I didn't get it from President Bush or any other president.

I doubt most of the roughly 95% employed in this country obtained their jobs from any presidents, either.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:27 pm
JustWonders:

How soon we forget how Presidents set economic policy, along with congress, to promote job growth and economic growth.

Bush attested directly to that subject in touting his tax cuts, in which he referred to taxes in the last debate 27 times.

Presidents negotiate trade agreements, negotiate trade barriers, deal with industry subsidies, tariffs, etc.

Why do you suppose President's do that?

And I thought you had a good education...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:29 pm
Quote:
He said, "I don't know." An honest answer.

Perhaps because he doesn't give a ****. I can accept that answer. At least Kerry addressed it.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:33 pm
princesspupule wrote:
Here's another place where he was out of touch. Mad
Quote:
SCHIEFFER: New question, Mr. President, to you. We are talking about protecting ourselves from the unexpected, but the flu season is suddenly upon us. Flu kills thousands of people every year. Suddenly we find ourselves with a severe shortage of flu vaccine. How did that happen?

BUSH: Bob, we relied upon a company out of England to provide about half of the flu vaccines for the United States citizen, and it turned out that the vaccine they were producing was contaminated. And so we took the right action and didn't allow contaminated medicine into our country. We're working with Canada to hopefully -- that they'll produce a -- help us realize the vaccine necessary to make sure our citizens have got flu vaccinations during this upcoming season. My call to our fellow Americans is if you're healthy, if you're younger, don't get a flu shot this year. Help us prioritize those who need to get the flu shot, the elderly and the young.

WAIT! Stop the presses!!! We can get FLU VACCINES from Canada but we can't REIMPORT the drugs WE made and then sold to Canada????? Makes. No. Sense. Seriously, how do all those Canadians not just drop dead all the time? Between "gubbermint healthcare," icky flu vaccines that aren't good enough for us, and scary scary prescription drugs, how do our neighbors to the north even LIVE????

Shocked

My question is why do we even need to import a flu vaccine from England? Surely we are capable of producing plenty of the vaccine ourselves. I'm missing something on this one.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:37 pm
Cheer up, Dookie.....you'll find a job. Smile
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:41 pm
The most direct and honest answer you'll ever get from a politician: "I don't know".
0 Replies