Third Debate: Your Comments

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:14 pm
I haven't seen a thread about this yet so here it is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,067 • Replies: 169
No top replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:18 pm
George Bush says, "Don't get a flu shot". What next? Set your own broken bones? Self sutures?
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:29 pm
Georgie boy said, "You've got more money in your pocket as a result of the tax relief we passed."

I put that $300 you gave me as a down payment on that yacht I've had my eye on for some time now. Thanks George.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 07:54 pm
lol, "fiscal sanity"
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:06 pm
The President flat out did not answer the Roe v. Wade question. Wow
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:22 pm
The pResident will NEVER answer the Roe v. Wade question. He cannot, as the majority of the country supports abortion, and his religious base is too valuable to lose for him to not come up with SOMETHING to deflect the issue and appease their beliefs.

Bush has been, as always, terrible in this debate.

Ooooh. Bush just said "tough." Hadn't heard THAT in a while...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:27 pm
Why is it that Senator Kerry ALWAYS gets the first closing statement? ALL three debates he got it.

Bush is a complete and utter moron, and is probably mentally unstable, and needs to go. It's really as simple as that.

It looks like Kerry will have a sweep of these three debates, and that doesn't bode well for the idiot savant in the Oval Office.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:29 pm
Ooh, now Bush is waxing artistic philosophy. Nice touch, Karl Rove, but it ain't gonna work.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:29 pm
RfromP:

Expect a groundswell on this thread tomorrow.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:33 pm
Assault weapons question. Bush once again passes the buck by saying he was told that the bill would never move because the Republicans and Democrats were against it. He said his solution is to prosecute those who commit crimes with guns. So what are we doing now? Giving them cotton candy and throwing them a party? What a non-answer by the President.

Kerry made a good point. Police will be in more danger and terrorists now have access to assault weapons in our own country.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:35 pm
We've been talking about it on PDiddie's thread. (Last minute addition to the debate or whatever.)
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:36 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
RfromP:

Expect a groundswell on this thread tomorrow.

No doubt. I just hope it can be a discussion with people's own opinions and ideas and not the same old talking points.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:39 pm
Dookiestix wrote:

Bush has been, as always, terrible in this debate.

Agreed. How can he be so unprepared for these questions? It seems like he doesn't have an opinion on anything but Iraq. This was a very telling debate and the best out of the three I believe.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:41 pm
No question in my mind it was Bush's best performance of the 3 debates. But Kerry still wins on style.

Will wait for the polls as to a broader segment of the population's opinion on who won on substance.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:44 pm
Neither candidate hit it out of the ballpark. And Bush didn't implode. I'm glad, maybe because that would've meant he was a total loony tunes baboon.

I liked both the candidates answers regarding their religious views and how they impact their decision making process. But I did notice that Kerry went to quoting the Bible first, and Bush only went there when asked. I'm not sure what that mneans, but it means something, at least to me...

Kerry was really good about stressing how the tax cut to the wealthiest 1% impacted the rest of us. But I already knew that, so... Confused

I'd call this debate a tie again, although that in part is because *I, personally* have set the bar lower for Bush than for Kerry. I did notice him grimacing a few times, but no teeth grinding. And I turned in 15 minutes late (I actually do have a real life, folks Embarrassed ) so I don't know if there were any shots of his back and whether there was a mysterious bulge there again... Confused
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:45 pm
Yeah. Bush had me pretty high on the wince meter.

He can't be blamed for the flu shot problem. And the content should go in his corner--the pharms are smarting from lawsuits. But, a deft politician wouldn't have said Don't get flu shots. This is where someone with facts on their side can hang himself on word choice.

Still wonder why Bushco agreed to 3. For Bush debating, less is more.

Noticed the political statement of Micheal J Fox sitting with Teresa.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:52 pm
Kerry was the clear winner.

There were more times than just the gun issue that Bush passed the buck, but will pull it from the transcript in the morning.

Bush didn't answer SO many questions. Went off on Education when the question was about jobs. Went off on Education when the question was about equal rights.

Kerry was clear on taxes. He was clear on jobs. He was clear on minimum wage. He was clear on health care. I understand what he was saying about health care. It isn't a government program, paid by the government, but rather a health care plan choice that all americans can have an opportunity to buy. Bush continued to say it was a government giveaway.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 08:57 pm
What Bush basically said was f*** the assault weapons ban. It's that simple.

His political double speak is getting so old.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:00 pm
squinney wrote:

Bush didn't answer SO many questions. Went off on Education when the question was about jobs. Went off on Education when the question was about equal rights.

I thought it odd when the President said that the No Child Left Behind Act was essentially a Jobs Act. That's just like in the second debate when he said the way to increase jobs is to improve elementary education. Another non-answer and non-plan for creating jobs.

His double speak is getting old and truly wearing thin with me. I want answers not platitudes.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:00 pm
FOX news spinning like crazy to put Bush in a good light. GOD, it sounds so pathetic. Guliani is spinning like a madman to put Bush in a good light. This, coming from a man who said "terrorists" and "global terrorism" a million times at the RNC.

Oy!
0 Replies