When will TRUMP give up his candidacy?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:27 pm
@parados,
I know. I guess I've gotten lazy over the years, and don't mind paying a little more in taxes in support of all the needs of our government. I always vote in favor on school bonds even though our children are grown, and no longer live close by. I think the school bonds impact our property taxes very little.

Also, there's not much itemized deductions we can take. No interest payments, very little in state income taxes, and other deductions.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 08:26 am
@Suttle Tea,
Suttle Tea wrote:
When will TRUMP give up his candidacy?

Mr. Trump will retire when he leaves the White House in January 2025, handing the keys over to another Republican who will serve another eight years, ensuring Mr. Trump's enduring legacy.

Come 2032 we will have elected Republicans to the White House five times in a row, starting with Mr. Trump in 2016 and 2020.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 09:17 am
And pigs will fly, and there will be peace on earth and goodwill among all men.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 09:54 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
And pigs will fly, and there will be peace on earth and goodwill among all men.

Let's compare notes after election day 2032 and see if the Republicans were not just elected to the White House for the fifth time in the row, starting with Mr. Trump in 2016 and 2020.
Suttle Tea

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 10:17 am
THIS!
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13880316_1412557922088515_1772580239384543597_n.jpg?oh=1a86811e370aa541e79d7165c80903b3&oe=585063EF
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 10:19 am
@oralloy,
You're not going to have to wait till 2032 for your meal of crow, buddy. Just 89 more days.
Now, I want you to be sure to show up here on November 9th, open up wide and clean your whole plate, m'kay?
Suttle Tea

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 10:35 am
Here's what Dan Rather had to say about Trump
Quote:
No trying-to-be objective and fair journalist, no citizen who cares about the country and its future can ignore what Donald Trump said today. When he suggested that "The Second Amendment People" can stop Hillary Clinton he crossed a line with dangerous potential. By any objective analysis, this is a new low and unprecedented in the history of American presidential politics. This is no longer about policy, civility, decency or even temperament. This is a direct threat of violence against a political rival. It is not just against the norms of American politics, it raises a serious question of whether it is against the law. If any other citizen had said this about a Presidential candidate, would the Secret Service be investigating?

Candidate Trump will undoubtably issue an explanation; some of his surrogates are already engaged in trying to gloss it over, but once the words are out there they cannot be taken back. That is what inciting violence means.

To anyone who still pretends this is a normal election of Republican against Democrat, history is watching. And I suspect its verdict will be harsh. Many have tried to do a side-shuffle and issue statements saying they strongly disagree with his rhetoric but still support the candidate. That is becoming woefully insufficient. The rhetoric is the candidate.

This cannot be treated as just another outrageous moment in the campaign. We will see whether major newscasts explain how grave and unprecedented this is and whether the headlines in tomorrow's newspapers do it justice. We will soon know whether anyone who has publicly supported Trump explains how they can continue to do.

We are a democratic republic governed by the rule of law. We are an honest, fair and decent people. In trying to come to terms with today's discouraging development the best I can do is to summon our greatest political poet Abraham Lincoln for perspective:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

Lincoln used these stirring words to end his First Inaugural Address. It was the eve of the Civil War and sadly his call for sanity, cohesion and peace was met with horrific violence that almost left our precious Union asunder. We cannot let that happen again.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 10:39 am
@Suttle Tea,
Trump has already incited violence during his campaign. Why Trump supporters can't see how dangerous this guy is is a mystery of huge proportion. It also proves how uninformed many Americans are about politics, and how unqualified Trump is to become CIC.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:31 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
You're not going to have to wait till 2032 for your meal of crow, buddy. Just 89 more days.

In 2031 the Left will still be insisting that after four straight Republican terms, they will win in 2032 no matter what.

It won't be until election day 2032 that it will be clear that the Republicans have won the White House five times in a row.

The Republicans may even hold the White House for even longer. During the coming 20 year period of Republican dominance, the Democrats are going to succumb to wacky liberalism. If the Democrats want to have any chance of winning in 2036 they will have to drive liberalism from their party and nominate a "Trump lite" (sort of like how Bill Clinton only won by being a "Reagan lite").

snood wrote:
Now, I want you to be sure to show up here on November 9th, open up wide and clean your whole plate, m'kay?

I'm not sure what you are expecting. The first part of my prediction has already come true in spades. The voters are in a very strong mood for change just like I predicted they would be.

The only open question right now is whether this overwhelming mood for change is powerful enough to force the incumbent party out of the White House as I predicted that it would be.

If my prediction turns out to be wrong, I'll shrug and say "guess I was wrong this time".

Interestingly, Hillary has stated her strong desire to violate the Second Amendment if she is elected. If my current prediction is wrong and she is elected, and if she chooses to repeat the 2013 gun control debacle, the NRA is more than powerful enough to ruin her presidency just like they ruined Mr. Obama's second term. And in that case when Hillary runs for reelection it'll have been 10 years since a president advanced a legislative agenda through Congress, with Hillary having never done so even once. If that comes to pass, the winds for change in the current election will look like a light breeze compared to the next election.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 11:50 am
@oralloy,
Look at history. Our economy does best under a democratic president. That means everybody benefits. What an idea!
woiyo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 12:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thats a load of CRAP ! Each President inherits what their predecessor left behind. Was Hoover responsible for the Great Depression or was it the economy left behind by Wilson? Was Bush responsible for the crash or was it the economy left behind by Clinton?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 12:39 pm
@woiyo,
Dude, really????
snood

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 12:46 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Dude, really????

It's really amazing, isn't it? The way it works in the real world is, if it happened on your watch, you own responsibility for it. I don't know what world he's talking about.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 01:56 pm
@Baldimo,
So in other words you are promoting "lip service" without actually doing it.

Paying more has consequences. Paying less has consequences.

You are arguing that only one side should act in spite of the consequences while the side you agree with should be exempt from any consequences or actions.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 02:07 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So in other words you are promoting "lip service" without actually doing it.

Where did I say that?

Quote:
Paying more has consequences. Paying less has consequences.

What consequences are there to paying more? I can tell you that paying less leads to jail time.

Quote:
You are arguing that only one side should act in spite of the consequences while the side you agree with should be exempt from any consequences or actions.

Rubbish.
parados

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 02:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

What consequences are there to paying more? I can tell you that paying less leads to jail time.

Actually, paying less almost never leads to jail time. It often doesn't result in even being found out. If found out it usually results in paying the money owed plus interest plus a monetary penalty. Nothing more.

Paying more certainly has consequences. Think about it for a moment. I'm sure you can figure it out.
revelette2

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 02:29 pm
Secret Service spoke to Trump about ‘Second Amendment’ remark: report
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 02:34 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Actually, paying less almost never leads to jail time. It often doesn't result in even being found out. If found out it usually results in paying the money owed plus interest plus a monetary penalty. Nothing more.

That doesn't make it any less illegal to pay less. Jail time will also depend on who you are, Wesley Snipes did jail time for tax evasion, yet Rev. Sharpton still owes money to the IRS and they allow him to visit the WH.

Quote:
Paying more certainly has consequences. Think about it for a moment. I'm sure you can figure it out.

You brought up the specter of consequences, so why don't you tell what they would be? If there are any...

I'm also waiting for you to tell me where I supported lip service? You forgot to talk about that in your last post after bringing it up in the previous one.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 03:17 pm
@Suttle Tea,
Disgraced Dan Rather wrote:
We are an honest, fair and decent people.

Except for those journalists who fake documents in a media hit-job aimed at presidents whose politics they don't like.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 03:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Why Trump supporters can't see how dangerous this guy is is a mystery of huge proportion. .

Maybe they can see it - and like it that way.