When will TRUMP give up his candidacy?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:36 pm
@RABEL222,
What a brilliant retort!

It's really tough debating such an intellectual giant such as yourself.
Suttle Tea

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:38 pm
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13876178_1195645457195173_1433262030844033225_n.png?oh=9440885111610a0e0efefba1bc6df08e&oe=5810DDBE
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 06:42 pm
@Suttle Tea,
Who is the con artist here? Everybody must have heard about Trump University. He even used "University" illegally.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/28/donald-trump/fact-checking-donald-trumps-claims-about-trump-uni/
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 10:01 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

It seems like it's all of them because none of them talk about it. If one was leading from the front wouldn't you need to be open and up front about it?

No. If you can accept blindly on faith alone that there are no rich democrats leading from the front by paying more taxes, I can accept blindly on faith that there are.

Quote:
Unless you can find some proof that they are indeed leading from the front and are paying higher taxes then the law says they have to?

Hard following your logic. You blindly assert there are rich democrats who won't lead from the front by paying more taxes. I say - what democrats are you speaking of? You say prove there are democrats paying more than the law says they have to. You seem to be saying that unless someone proves the opposite of what you state, that's proof in itself that your statement is correct.

That's just crazy. Why would rich democrats be lobbying for the rich to pay more taxes, if they weren't willing to do it themselves? Just verbal exercising?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 10:53 am
@snood,
Quote:
That's just crazy. Why would rich democrats be lobbying for the rich to pay more taxes, if they weren't willing to do it themselves? Just verbal exercising?

You just hit the nail on the head. Verbal exercising is exactly that. They can make all the claims they want about wanting to pay more but they never say they are paying more. It's all bullshit. They don't want to pay more taxes but as liberal hollywood elites they are obliged to say such things. It makes them seem like better people to offer more without actually doing it. When you lead from the front as an actual leader, you lead. You were in the Army, you should understand it more than anyone else. Leading from the front is visual and serves as an example for others. Without out action they have empty words.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 10:53 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

If there was no wall or fence why do they need to cross at the river? Seems they could walk a mike down the road and cross there if there is no fence or wall.

They have official border crossings, sure, and people go around them. But there isn't a huge wall or fence along the border, which is what you claimed.

The border is the river... so they cross the river. No wall.
snood

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 10:59 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
They can make all the claims they want about wanting to pay more but they never say they are paying more.

What if they are actively working to change tax laws so that rich people pay more?
Why is it so hard for you to believe some rich people actually think the system would be better for all if rich people paid more taxes? Is it because you think all rich people think the same, and they all will lie cheat and steal to get richer?

Quote:
they never say they are paying more

Because they aren't running around saying "I paid more, without being made to", that proves to you they're not doing it?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:04 am
@snood,
Quote:
Is it because you think all rich people think the same, and they all will lie cheat and steal to get richer?

Sorry Snood but you and your ilk are the ones who think all rich people are that way. I have nothing against people making money. I have a problem with hypocrites who talk about wanting to pay more but never actually do it. That's why it's called leading from the front. Hollywood liberals with all of their liberal rich friends could very well just pay more money, no one is stopping them, well maybe their accountants, but no law stops them. I would actually have more respect for those people if they put their money where their mouths were. Pay more taxes, don't take all the "loopholes" or claim donations to charity. Lead from the front as the saying implies.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:09 am
@DrewDad,
I was thinking about the whole border wall thing the other day. Was wondering how far out into the Atlantic and Pacific Mr. Trump thinks he can build that wall. Into international waters?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:12 am
@ehBeth,
That's only another reason why a wall will be ineffective. That's beyond the cost of building one. The maintenance cost alone is prohibitive.
snood

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
But... but... isn't the cuckoo cheeto going to make Mexico pay for it?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:29 am
@cicerone imposter,
Think of the jobs it will create? It would be just as good as any other infructure job created. Once the job is completed and those jobs go away, you will have to hire people to maintain the wall, just like you need someone to maintain the roads. It really isn't very different.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:33 am
@snood,
Why not levy a tax or fee's on the money that gets transferred to Mexico? I in no way think it would cover the whole cost, but it would offset some of the costs to the US taxpayer. Much like taxing cigarettes and then using the money to pay for children's health care, you continue to fee/tax after the wall is completed to help pay the maintenance costs.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 11:52 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Think of the jobs it will create? It would be just as good as any other infructure job created. Once the job is completed and those jobs go away, you will have to hire people to maintain the wall, just like you need someone to maintain the roads. It really isn't very different.

Well, one significant difference between this, and an infrastructure project like, say, repairing and replacing all the crumbling bridges on state highways is that there isn't any need for a humongous wall on the Mexican border. The numbers of illegal immigrants have been dropping. That crap that Trump says about them "pouring across the borders" is a LIE.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 12:01 pm
@snood,
As long as there is illegal immigration there will be a need for a border fence/wall. It won't stop all illegal immigration but it will slow it down considerably to the point where we can actual control our immigration policy and then change the laws. We have a right to control our border and immigration policy, without a border we have no country.
snood

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 12:38 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
it will slow it down considerably

It already HAS slowed considerably.

http://www.pewresearch.org/files/2015/11/FT_15.11.19.Mexico.Unauthorized.Immigration.png

Mexicans make up about half of all unauthorized immigrants (49%), though their numbers have been declining in recent years. There were 5.6 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2014, down from 6.4 million in 2009, according to preliminary Pew Research Center.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/19/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

This has been a direct result of improved border security under Obama. Illegal immigration from Mexico simply is not the epidemic, red alert problem that Trump and Fox news says and you obviously believe.

This Mexican immigrant "problem" is just red meat to feed the faithful and keep them scared and up in arms. It's like the so-called serious problem of voter fraud the right has successfully manufactured, and the supposed plan of Hillary Clinton to abolish the 2nd Amendment.

It just ain't true.

We don't need no steenking wall. And we definitely don't need no Donald Trump.

Baldimo

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 01:53 pm
@snood,
I'm sorry but are Mexicans the only illegal immigrants who come across the southern border? It seems to me there is more than Mexico south of the US border. These stats are also missing the large influx the US experienced when thousands upon thousands of children from South America streamed across our border in late 2014. You will notice the astrick which denotes preliminary...
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:00 pm
@snood,
I also read some time ago that Mexicans are returning to Mexico.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:05 pm
@Baldimo,
I'm sorry too, You're convinced that illegal immigration is a crisis that has to be dealt with by building a wall. I think immigration reform is much more important. We disagree, and it probably doesn't matter how many graphs or facts or reports, you're going to think illegal immigration is running rampant, that crime is skyrocketing, and anything else Fox, Rush, Drudge et al tell you to think.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 04:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thank you for admitting I am intellectually above you. I would have never pointed this out myself.
0 Replies