When will TRUMP give up his candidacy?

Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:41 pm
@maporsche,
Good luck, it won't happen. If the liberal wealthy aren't willing to put their literal money where their mouths are then taxes will never go up on the wealthy.
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:43 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Good luck, it won't happen. If the liberal wealthy aren't willing to put their literal money where their mouths are then taxes will never go up on the wealthy.

It seems like you think the "wealth liberals" have any power to do anything to change tax laws? They don't.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:44 pm
@maporsche,
The deficit problem is not going to be corrected any time soon. Clinton was the only one that showed a surplus.
However, anyone can help reduce the national debt if they wish to.

Gifts to Reduce the Public Debt
Before You Begin
1 Complete Agency Form
2 Enter Payment Info
3 Review & Submit
4 Confirmation
Use this form for contributions to reduce the public debt.

Paying online with Pay.gov is safe, secure, and the preferred method to make a payment. To make a payment using one of the below accepted payment methods, please click the Continue to the Form button.

Accepted Payment Methods:

Bank account (ACH)PayPal accountDebit or credit card
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Go for it CI. You love to tell us how wealthy you are.

And I agree that it won't be corrected any time soon. But it surely won't be corrected by tax cuts for those who need it the least.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:50 pm
@maporsche,
Wow, I did that? LOL
How wealthy am I? Please tell me, because FICO doesn't seem to know.
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Wow, I did that? LOL
How wealthy am I? Please tell me, because FICO doesn't seem to know.

FICO has nothing to do with your wealth.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:53 pm
@maporsche,
It tells one how well credit is handled. That translates into cash. No cash, no payment, poor FICO score.

http://www.valuepenguin.com/average-credit-card-debt

http://www.valuepenguin.com/average-credit-score
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It tells one how well credit is handled. That translates into cash. No cash, no payment, poor FICO score.

http://www.valuepenguin.com/average-credit-card-debt

OK CI....thanks for the laugh.

I work for a credit card company. I'm well trained in how credit is established and what it means. Many years of my career were spent evaluating credit ratings and what they mean.

FICO scores know NOTHING about your wealth. Some very wealthy people have great FICO scores. Some very wealthy people have literally NO FICO score.

They are not directly related whatsoever.

But please, teach me. Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:59 pm
@maporsche,
No, you teach me. You're the expert.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:08 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Wealthy liberals don't hold any power to change laws. They can do whatever they want, I don't care. They have a right to free speech. They can express their political opinion just like any American can.

I never said they couldn't express their opinion, I just take their opinions with a grain of salt. They talk a good game but do nothing but offer more lip service to an idea you think is great.

Quote:
The action I care about is the action that matters. The one's our elected officials make.

You have really just proven that you don't care about action, you care about lip service to an idea.

Quote:
One wealthy liberal paying more taxes isn't going to solve our budget problem.

You are correct but we are not talking about a single wealthy person, we are talking about all the wealthy liberal Hollywood and entertainment elites. It seems a majority of actors in Hollywood are of a liberal or progressive bent, yet what do they actually do? Nothing! You know the very same type of people who the Dems bring up on stage to offer more and more lip service. The very same people who say they don't mind paying more but actually do nothing to pay more.

parados

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:11 pm
@Baldimo,
Where did I say they were paying more? You are the one arguing they are not without any evidence. I pointed out they could well be and you have no way of knowing. You just insist on condemning with your faulty logic which started with your argument that one can't argue for something unless they first do it.
parados

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Of course one can pay more than they actually owe. The simplest way to do it is just not take all the write offs you are entitled to. If I donate time or money to a charity and don't include it on my taxes as a write off I have paid more than I should owe. It's a very simple thing.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:14 pm
@parados,
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't you guys on the left say those who support the war on terror should join the military and fight? If you aren't willing to join the military then shut up? I'm pretty sure I read this many times on this site during the height of the war on terror.
parados

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
FICO doesn't really care about your wealth.

I could have $10 million in assets and have a score of 400 if I simply don't make payments on time.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:15 pm
@parados,
I've done that often especially after my retirement. I have also given to Second Harvest Food Bank and Habitat for Humanity without taking or getting the write-off, because we just take the standard deduction.
parados

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
They talk a good game but do nothing but offer more lip service to an idea you think is great.

And yet you don't expect the SAME action from other side but are perfectly happy with "lip service".

This too was pointed out to you. You don't have a standard. You simply are attempting to use your bias as a cudgel while not holding your side to the same standard. Failing to pay less while actually asking for lower taxes is nothing but lip service by someone talking a good game that refused to actually support an idea they think is great.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:17 pm
@parados,
True. I found out that many wealthy don't necessarily have good FICO scores.
I see that with our score even though we are not wealthy, because we don't buy on credit. Our home and cars are paid for.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't you guys on the left say those who support the war on terror should join the military and fight?

You seem confused. I am parados. I am not "You guys on the left". I never made such an argument. But by your standards, shouldn't you have made that argument? Or do you only pay lip service to your argument?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The standard deduction may be taking less in deductions than you would be entitled to but that is only if your other deductions would add up to more than the standard deduction.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 04:24 pm
@parados,
Quote:
And yet you don't expect the SAME action from other side but are perfectly happy with "lip service".

Quote:
Failing to pay less while actually asking for lower taxes is nothing but lip service by someone talking a good game that refused to actually support an idea they think is great.

You ignored my last answer on this one, only to rehash faulty logic. Go ahead and pay less than what you owe and tell me what happens... There is a law against paying less than what you owe, that is called tax evasion and is illegal. Just ask Rev. Sharpton or Willie Nelson or Wesley Snipes what happens if you don't pay or don't pay what you owe.