When will TRUMP give up his candidacy?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 02:22 pm
@DrewDad,
It doesn't align with reality. Even for the fact that our children are no longer students, we have approved school bonds whenever they come up.
maporsche

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 02:25 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Good for him, now if he was serious about paying more in taxes, he wouldn't claim those donations, he would just make the donations and leave it at that.

Maybe he does. He hasn't released his tax returns so I guess we'll never know. I mean, that's good enough for you right?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 02:31 pm
@maporsche,
Lip service is good enough for me? Nope. If he was doing it, he would more than likely say something.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 02:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is you leading from the front CI. You don't have to vote for the bonds or taxes, you could vote no. You don't, you lead by example to all the other retired people who don't have kids in school. You are a good example, a majority of wealthy liberals only talk about it, you do it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 02:34 pm
@maporsche,
Remember when some group investigated Trump's donations to charity, and they couldn't find any? After the fact, Trump donated $1 million to the veterans organizations.
I'll repeat; Politifact found Trump lies 91% of the time.
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/03/31/ninety-one-percent-donald-trump-false.html
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 09:40 am
@Baldimo,
Of course your logic is faulty.
One doesn't have to do something in order to argue for it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 09:42 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Lip service is good enough for me? Nope. If he was doing it, he would more than likely say something.

LOL...
So unless someone brags about their good deeds, you refuse to believe they may have done them?

You are voting for Trump I take it. Someone that brags about doing things he didn't do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 10:52 am
@parados,
It's already been proven that Trump lies 91% of the time. Anyone who wishes to believe Trump does so with ignorance.
0 Replies

Suttle Tea

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 02:11 am
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13754243_1320057678008690_660370828660227520_n.jpg?oh=9ea6aec53ab25589e96823266bd41094&oe=5858E95A
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 06:59 am
Saw a post on another forum that pretty much summed up my thoughts on Trump.

Quote:
LRB · Eliot Weinberger · They could have picked...

In short, today’s Republican Party is wedded to a worldview and a system of policies — a ban on abortion and maybe contraception too, climate denial, young-Earth creationism, tax cuts for the rich — totally alien to the needs and aspirations of Americans. Trump’s incoherence is better than the disturbing clarity of his competitors.

And here is a Freudian suggestion, to paraphrase from Forbidden Planet: Trump is a monster of the Republican Id.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 10:45 am
@parados,
Quote:
LOL...
So unless someone brags about their good deeds, you refuse to believe they may have done them?

Good deeds? I thought we were talking about paying taxes, not spending time at a homeless shelter feeding the poor.

I've already laid out what I think. If you believe in paying higher taxes then pay higher taxes. You don't have to wait for the IRS and the federal or state govt to tell you to do so. It's called leading from the front. Wealthy liberals and the entertainment elite talk a good game but utterly fail to do what they say.

Quote:
You are voting for Trump I take it. Someone that brags about doing things he didn't do.

I've said several times that I'm voting for Gary Johnson. Not sure what my Presidential choice has to do with this subject, besides getting away from the subject of wealthy liberals not wanting to do what they say they do.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 12:12 pm
Trump is at it again by speaking about Somalis this time.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-somalis-muslims-minnesota-maine-000000300.html
0 Replies

Suttle Tea

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 10:23 am
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13903147_10154383989284655_6327357283972370230_n.jpg?oh=0039fe085a15f389aa8149eb0d5a0fe0&oe=585C11F5
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 01:01 pm
@Baldimo,
You don't consider it a good deed to pay more in taxes than one is required under the law?

I see you are going to continue with your specious argument. Not being told something occurred is not evidence that it hasn't occurred. You have no evidence that wealthy liberals don't pay more than they should. But you are going to continue down that path, aren't you?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 01:22 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I see you are going to continue with your specious argument. Not being told something occurred is not evidence that it hasn't occurred. You have no evidence that wealthy liberals don't pay more than they should. But you are going to continue down that path, aren't you?

Vice versa...

You are guessing that they are paying more with no proof that they are. You want to believe that the people you side with are doing the right thing with no proof.
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
You are guessing that they are paying more with no proof that they are. You want to believe that the people you side with are doing the right thing with no proof.

He's not guessing that they are...he doesn't care if they pay more than the law requires them too.

I don't think anyone should pay more than the law demands; the law needs to be changed to demand more.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:28 pm
@maporsche,
So the presumption that someone is doing the right thing is more important than them actually doing the right thing?

As I expected, you guys are fans of lip service instead of actual action. As long as the wealthy liberals say they want higher taxes...
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

So the presumption that someone is doing the right thing is more important than them actually doing the right thing?

As I expected, you guys are fans of lip service instead of actual action. As long as the wealthy liberals say they want higher taxes...

I'm a HUGE fan of actual action. Like the action that is going to be taken when democrats pass a tax increase on the wealthiest among us. That's action I can get behind.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:39 pm
@parados,
https://www.quora.com/Can-you-pay-more-tax-than-you-owe
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 03:40 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Wealthy liberals don't hold any power to change laws. They can do whatever they want, I don't care. They have a right to free speech. They can express their political opinion just like any American can.

The action I care about is the action that matters. The one's our elected officials make. One wealthy liberal paying more taxes isn't going to solve our budget problem.