Can the Soul die?

neologist

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 10:10 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
According to the JW's, though, the soul is immortal if one is a JW.
Please support your assertion.
neologist

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 10:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
People of religion have a tendency to translate things not intended . . .
And, of course, those who disbelieve, would never resort to or accept any obfuscation.

AHAHAHAH! Laughing Laughing Mr. Green
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 12:35 pm
@neologist,
Give us an example.
0 Replies

Charlie4U

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 01:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
Ya, it's over there and over here.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 02:27 pm
@neologist,
According to the JW's, "Paradise will be restored on earth during Jesus’ rule as God’s King. In a battle called Armageddon, Jesus will lead God’s angels and destroy all who oppose God. Then Jesus will imprison Satan for 1,000 years. God’s people will survive the destruction because Jesus will guide and protect them. They will enjoy everlasting life in Paradise on earth."
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 02:36 pm
@InfraBlue,
Wunnerful. How can we get on this bandwagon?
InfraBlue

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 02:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Turn your life over to the JW's.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 03:50 pm
@InfraBlue,
I'm an atheist, but how do I "enjoy everlasting life in Paradise on earth."
We visit Hawaii pretty often, and many call it "Paradise." Maybe, I'm the one missing something.
InfraBlue

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 04:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
HA. Maui seemed pretty paradisaical the time my wife and I went on our honeymoon. Everybody seemed so laid back, easy going. The weather was about as perfect as one can expect. It was heavenly.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 04:35 pm
@InfraBlue,
My father was born in Paia, so Maui is one of my favorite islands to visit in Hawaii. My older brother told me years ago that we still have relatives there.
I know we have cousins in Oahu, and met them.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 11:22 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
According to the JW's, "Paradise will be restored on earth during Jesus’ rule as God’s King. In a battle called Armageddon, Jesus will lead God’s angels and destroy all who oppose God. Then Jesus will imprison Satan for 1,000 years. God’s people will survive the destruction because Jesus will guide and protect them. They will enjoy everlasting life in Paradise on earth."
Close to accurate. But that does not make one immortal. Humans can still die.
Leadfoot

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 07:02 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Close to accurate. But that does not make one immortal. Humans can still die.
Still die? After all that?

But about infra's description, did he get the order of things right? Does the battle come before or after the 1000 years?
mark noble

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 08:31 am
@BroRando,
Energy, can neither be created, nor destroyed - Figure it out yourself.
Charlie4U

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 06:41 pm
@mark noble,
That rules out the 'Big Bang' theory!
neologist

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 10:14 pm
@Leadfoot,
Humans are mortal. Can't change that.
Armageddon should pretty much put an end to our current system. Daniel 2:44 foretells the time when God''s kingdom will displace all other governments.
Many who have died in the past will have a second chance during the following 1000 years, after which time, Satan will have his final opportunity to prove his accusation against mankind. So, I would have to say two wars.
InfraBlue

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 10:20 pm
@neologist,
Close to accurate? HA! I quoted that straight from the JW website.

You should brush up on your JW dogma.

Sure humans can still die, my point, however, is that according to the JW's, though, the soul is immortal if one is a JW.
InfraBlue

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 10:34 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Armageddon should pretty much put an end to our current system. Daniel 2:44 foretells the time when God''s kingdom will displace all other governments.
Many who have died in the past will have a second chance during the following 1000 years, after which time, Satan will have his final opportunity to prove his accusation against mankind. So, I would have to say two wars.

So the vast majority will be annihilated in favor of a small minority because of the caprice of a jealous God. How motivating.
0 Replies

mark noble

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 04:14 am
@Charlie4U,
Yep
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 08:31 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Humans are mortal. Can't change that.

It sounded like you were talking about post millennial humans. True? Still?

Quote:
Many who have died in the past will have a second chance during the following 1000 years, after which time, Satan will have his final opportunity to prove his accusation against mankind.
'Many' needs clarification. In my reading it sounds like they are 'the dead in Christ', not everyone. What's your take?
Quote:
So, I would have to say two wars.
Before, you said the 'big one' (Armageddon) happened before the 1000 years. But logically that one seems like small potatoes compared to the final battle with Satan, fallen angles and his followers. What is that one called?

But your two war scenario does suggest an answer to what I have wondered about concerning non believers alive at the beginning of the 1000 years so thanks. I wouldn't have called that a war though. I could be wrong.
Freddie2

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 09:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
When I looked at Rando's profile it showed a hope for a resurrection in one of the videoss.