Can the Soul die?

Leadfoot

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:59 am
@Freddie2,
I would expect that of him, but does he specify who will be resurrected? And in what order?

My internet connection is way too slow for video out here off the grid. No complaints though, last year it was non existent.
Freddie2

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 01:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
I dunno. Be nice though. Anything is better than what my church taught me.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 27 Jun, 2016 10:17 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Close to accurate? HA! I quoted that straight from the JW website.
You quoted from the website. Good work. But the quote does not prove your suggestion of JW immortality.
Expert2

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 08:38 pm
@BroRando,
Nice. Finally, someone that makes some sense.
Jay2know

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 06:35 am
@Expert2,
Hey, I got an idea, let's trample on Free Speech for Everyone!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 01:18 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Close to accurate? HA! I quoted that straight from the JW website.
You quoted from the website. Good work. But the quote does not prove your suggestion of JW immortality.

Yes it is very good work, thank you very much.

JW immortality is an accurate way to describe the JW assertion that, " God’s people will survive the destruction because Jesus will guide and protect them. They will enjoy everlasting life in Paradise on earth."

What you need to do is brush up on your JW dogma.
Expert2

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:20 am
@InfraBlue,
Are you upset that you're going to be left out? Now that kind of Censorship is righteousness. "For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth." (Psalms 37:9)
AugustineBrother

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:23 am
@BroRando,
The maker of the soul can destroy it, of course. And being immaterial it does not, cannot, suffer material corruption. But the statement that sin destroys the soul has a far worse meaning. It is a living death of sorts. Sorta like the difference between living with some horrible act you did and being put to death for that act so that you can look forward to not having it at the forefront of your thoughts.

The Christian view of the soul was still fluid in the 4th Century.
Leadfoot

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 09:10 am
@AugustineBrother,
Quote:
The Christian view of the soul was still fluid in the 4th Century.
Interesting comment. Could you elaborate on that?

One thing that always strikes me when reading early texts is that the essential struggles of man in his soul have not seemed to change in the slightest.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 12:50 pm
@Expert2,
I'd rather be left out.
0 Replies

Jay2know

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:37 pm
@BroRando,
I think atheism should be classified as a hate group. How many times has able2know censored you BroRando? How many times have they suspended you for talking about the Bible? Isn't that a restriction of your first amendment right? All they promote is hatred and intolerance. Able2know should be overseen by a Federal Watchdog.
cicerone imposter

Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:44 pm
@Jay2know,
You used the words "censored" and "suspended" without one iota of objective evidence. "Overseen by a Federal watchdog?" ROFLMAO
You believe in a police state? Go to Russia or China; you'll be happy there.
Freddie2

Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think Jay is on to something here. Looking through this thread, only the OP links was censored and removed by the Mod, while many opponents threads went uncensored. Things that make you go ummmmmmmm. Could CI be that Mod discriminating?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:58 am
@Jay2know,
Jay2know wrote:
Able2know should be overseen by a Federal Watchdog.

what country?

(were you assuming this is an American site?)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:59 am
@Jay2know,
Jay2know wrote:
Isn't that a restriction of your first amendment right?

oh honey, there are no First Amendment rights here
Charlie4U

Fri 15 Jul, 2016 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
No freedom of speech? So when is able2know closing down?
0 Replies

trichakra

Fri 7 Oct, 2016 11:37 pm
No, only body die not the soul.
Krumple

Sat 8 Oct, 2016 02:23 am
@trichakra,
trichakra wrote:

No, only body die not the soul.

Yeah it's a little difficult torturing a soul for eternity if it dies two hours in. Good thing God is creative, wouldn't want a soul to get a way that easy.
0 Replies

BroRando

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 02:40 pm
@trichakra,
the soul that sins, it shall die. Ezekiel 18:4 KJV
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:3 KJV

Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine. The soul who sins will die. Ezekiel 18:4 NASB
0 Replies

TruthMatters

Tue 25 May, 2021 05:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
Either God lied to Adam or Satan did to Eve....
0 Replies