Pet names for pets

Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 06:33 pm
Osso, Chunko the Magnifico. It has a nice ring to it. I guess you'll have to count those canine calories.

Mikey's vet suggested that he could lose a pound or two. I said, "And would you like to volunteer to take food away from Mikey?" I looked at him and he looked at me. We agreed that the few extra pounds wouldn't hurt Mikey. Two cowards.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 06:41 pm
"Mikey likes it!" Wink c.i.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 07:54 pm
HEY MIKEY!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 08:57 pm
Chunky Pacco is going to need more walks...
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:38 pm
Is it unusual for cats to like to take long walks with their human hostages?

Simon, my siamese loves to go walking with me and the dog.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:38 pm
Is it unusual for cats to like to take long walks with their human hostages?

Simon, my siamese loves to go walking with me and the dog.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:48 pm
Sounds more typical of Siamese than the other breeds.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 03:40 am
c.i., Mikey like EVERYTHING--except citrus fruit.

Farmerman, Mikey says Hey right back atcha.

Osso, More walks for Pacco, more walks for you.

Seaglass, I had a cat who was part Siamese. She loved to go for walks with me. Every time I picked up her leash and collar, she came running over. I think Roger is right. It might be more typical of Siamese. I put a collar on Mikey, and he bucked like a bronco.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 11:01 pm
Oh, poor Simon & Schuster has the kitty trots, any suggestions short of taking him to the vets? He eats the same thing everyday, but is a semi-outdoor cat. Good change the semi is the problem.

I have him on adult IAMS.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 11:20 pm
I use the standard IAMs exclusively, with no problems. With three cats, I haven't had this problem since Barney was on anitbiotics. On vets advice, gave him plain yogurt to replace the intestinal flora. Since this isn't your situation, I would get him into the vet. It may or may not be a serious illness, but dehydration will be a problem shortly, if it doesn't go away.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 05:02 am
Seaglass--My guess is that, since its partly an outside cat, its diet consiste , at least partly , of mousey. Mouse carries all kinds of worms and parasites, perhaps you should have the cat looked at for worms and coccidia and other parasites. A vet should be consulted
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 10:58 am
Hi Seaglass.... we have an indoor/outdoor cat, too.... our vet gave us an 'all purpose wormer' pill that we give the cat on the first day of each new season (4 times per year). I agree with farmerman... a quick trip to the vet will be best... No reason to deny Simon&Schuster his mouse-hunting pleasure!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 09:50 pm
Seaglass, Try a bit of Pepto Bismol or Kaopectate. Sometimes a cat just has a bit of a stomach problem. However, if the problem persists, take S&S to the vet.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 02:01 am
Thank you all,

I loaded up both beasts, Simon&Schuster and Seamus and off to the vets we went yesterday. They both have hookworms, so the vet gave me meds for that. Seamus got his 1 year shots and the vet said he has tarter on his teeth, the cat has gingervitus, so the vet sold me a beastie toothbrush and toothpaste - now this should really be fun - I haven't tried it yet. If it doesn't work I'll have to take them back and get their teeth cleaned by the vet. I can just see me trying to brush Simon&Schuster's teeth. He'll probably rip me to shreds. Just getting pills down him was a chore, and I still have to medicate him for six more days for the kitty trots.

The bet discovered that poor Seamus has a birth defect, the kneecap on one of his back legs is on the side of his leg and gets dislocated. So he is going to require surgery at some point to correct the condition. Being a "Poi" dog Hawaiian for mixed, he is part pomeranian , and poms get the condition.

Has anyone ever brushed their cat's teeth?

sg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 12:02 am
Re names - Pacco is now HairMachine, and MyBoyReadyForCombOut.

I have also learned something new, I suppose it is off topic. On a trip to Sacramento lately, I found he was CalmBoy in his crate. So now I know what to do when I leave, once in a while, for a few hours, when I can't take him with me. This will not fix the previously gouged redwood molding, but will spare more. He was starting on the floor trim board, whatever you call that. Grrrrrr.

Not that he does that all the time I am gone. I know he is peaceful when I am away. It is when I get back that he hears me and sets into gouging behavior, in his joy that I am back.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 12:04 am
Baseboard. Yeah, he has been starting in on the ten inch, um, clearheart old redwood from ... years ago...baseboard. Ten inch baseboard. As in hard to replace baseboard. Mitered at the corners.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 12:10 am
I guess I should explain that this is a dog who sees me most hours of every day. He sits in the car by himself on grocery store trips, and is reasonably happy, the car is like a bigger Crate. And when I travel a few times a year for a few days, if I can't take him with, he stays with my business partner, who provides him much more fun than when he is with me, what with two more dogs and two cats and lots to do, plus he can watch tv.

So, he ain't alone in my house much. Let's say five hours a month. Sigh.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 12:12 am
Yeah, well, I once tried to brush a cat's teeth. The effort was unappreciated and I resigned to having the vet do the deed. Actually, only one of my currents has needed it done, and that was several years ago. It does require anesthesia and antibiotics, and the cost locally was a bit over $100.00. My cats are pretty much on IAMS kibble exclusively. That may be why they need it so seldom.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 02:31 am
Osso, If he likes the crate, why not? What's with the new names? Has Pacco been to the beauty salon?

Re: brushing feline teeth. I'm scared to even try. Have I mentioned that Mikey is big and nippy? Let the vet do. I'm chicken. Yellow. A coward.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 03:37 pm
No, he is just shedding profusely, not as much as he actually is capable of, but enough to warrant some name calling.

I am the beauty salon.

Luckily, he loves being combed.
0 Replies