Pet names for pets

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:01 am
I forgot another very popular name for my dog - Booteliscious.

Bad dog name:
you little sh!t
Gahdammit
Dangitboo

Dumba$$ for both.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:16 am
Joe Nation and seaglass

Thanks. Good reading, this morning.

Love all our courageous, maligned, pets.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:18 am
How about a vote for All Around Most Popular Pet Name For Pets.

Like the Golden Globes, on some level.

I must say: You Little ****.
with Braveheart a close second....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:35 am
Bailey - the little traumatized, rescued from a beating two days earlier dog : babyBailey, babyBoy, buddy, Mr. Bailey (that of course is Setanta talking - with his nice southern formalities), HEYYOUTHERESTOPTHAT, bestboy, Houdini (he can get out of any seatbelt harness, coat or boots) - his song is "you are my bailey, my only bailey, you make me happy when skies are grey ..."

Cleo - the little ignored in a basement for two years dog: Cleopatra, Miss Cleopatra (Setanta again), babyGirl, prettyGirl, smartyPants, babyCleo, CleoBelle, MarlyMcFarty, HEYHEYHEYNOOOOOOOO - her song is "walk like an egyptian".
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 01:21 pm
A lot of my names for our cats are German of course - I'll try to translate.

Nisse - Pissenisse, Baerchen (little bear), Monster Nisse, mein Grosser (my big boy), Schnuckel (no translation possible :-))

Mysan - Myseline, Linchen, Suesse (Sweety), Tigerin (tigeress), Maeusle (little mouse)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 01:24 pm
no Muschiblix? my dad calls all cats that. I think it's probably Platt, but i'm not sure.

Schnuckel, i understand but couldn't begin to try to translate.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 01:29 pm
Muschiblix? Funny! Muschi is a common cat name. I just caught myself calling Mysan Mausi. Kuscheltiger sometimes - can't translate, sorry!
0 Replies

Sublime

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 08:49 pm
**assuming the humble, confessing position**

The dogs also respond to:

GAWDDAMMIT!
WHAT IS THIS?
and....
WHO DID THIS?

That is the problem with a multiple pet household, you re never 100% positive who to blame. Occasionally, we get someone to "confess" by slinking out of an area when humans are detected, or "I'm hiding, you cannot see me" posture.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 08:54 pm
Uh, Pacco Dono is routinely Thunderpaws, My Baby, Best Dog in the World, and Shut Up.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 08:56 pm
Even though with two other pets in the house, my Maggie would confess to anything.....The word 'jaysusmaryandjoseph' is all it took for her.....tail down, ears down, lookin all cute and cuddly.....

I think she just knew that she was too cute to reprimand.....even if it wasn't her fault!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:09 pm
sublime, i say those exact things too.

rae, they say that alot here on guam except that it comes out:

hay-zus, santa maria, jose!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:18 pm
yep, my dog is guilty about everything. Even the things my sister's dog does.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:19 pm
I say Santa Maria, myself. Mostly around the kids I care for.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 09:24 pm
Funny.....'jaysusmaryandjoseph' would make Maggie come running with guilt.....the son and husband would run!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 11:00 pm
Its probably good to pray with your pets. I suppose it does the human more good than the pet ... haven't really thought about it much.

I do it from time to time, too, and often quite loudly and with great variety and much sincerity. It may not always disclose the guilty party, but will often narrow the focus of suspicion.

timber
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 11:08 pm
You missed your vocation, timber! roflmao..... Laughing
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 11:11 am
jesusmaryandjoseph is pretty popular around here as well..although on occassion I tend to translate it to jesusmariaandjose in case they didnt get the English translation correct.
Also common is "No" which I tend to think on occassion Zoey actually thinks her name is...which it probably should have been. Funny, I can tell her ten times No, then I get mad and ask her if she didnt understand me the first time, or the other popular phrase of what about No dont you understand. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 11:18 am
Last evening I called Bean a silly goose and I realized I left that out of my list. Silly goose also applies to Carlotta. Where did that come from I do not know but I have been saying that to both of them for a long time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 11:21 am
Cass, me too..... gotta laugh at myself when I start asking the animals questions like that!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2003 11:33 am
yeah...it does kinda make ya silly at yourself, dont it?

I like asking Zoey what she wants, what she thinks shes doing, etc etc etc...like she'd tell me
0 Replies