Pet names for pets

Roberta

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:50 pm
Seaglass, Amazing how we come up with an "official" name and then many terms of affection. And they usually respond to them all.

A wild boar! Is he a pet or does he just visit?
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:47 pm
roberta - Redeye is a feral pig that sneaks in at night and roots around people's gardens and flower beds. A friend of mine is building a catch um' cage and I leave corn out for him nightly. When he caught, he will be fed ripe papayas for two months to get rid of the wild taste, he will be slaughtered and then we are going to invite the village and have a feast.

BYOB
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 12:11 am
Names for dogs: Chase, Runner, Pal, Goodboy, Chippie, and Grandie. I wish I had a dog. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 05:42 am
Seaglass, I am not a vegetarian. I'm just wondering whether you'll be able to eat something you've given a name to. A name suggests a relationship. Also, where are you? A village? A wild boar? Methinks you're not in NYC. Could you be just a bit more specific than east of the moon and west of the sun?

c.i., Are the names you mention names of dogs you used to have? I wish I had a dog, too. (Don't tell my cat Mikey I said that. It's bad enough when I watch the Westminster Dog Show every year.)
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 09:59 pm
Redeye is a nickname for feral pigs, i.e. their eyes are a glowing red when hit with light at night. They are destructive and sometimes dangerous. Much better roasted over the fire.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2003 11:34 pm
Had a golden retriever named joey many years ago when our kids were still infants. That's the only dog we ever owned. c.i.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 03:31 am
Seaglass, Thanks for the info about the name Redeye. Yes, I know that wild boars can be destructive and dangerous. Bon appetit. Smile

c.i. So the names you mentioned are wishful thinking rather than dog names or pet names. If I had a dog, I would like to have a German shepherd, and I would call him Max. Smile
0 Replies

Ch4mele0n

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 02:50 pm
I have four dogs and seven cats but that is too many names to list the dogs names are by the way this is my first post enjoy!

"Queen of Jealousy"
Jel
Jelly
Jel Bel
Belly
Jelly Bean
Beans
Beano

"Crimson Skye"
Skye
Kye
KyeKi
El Kida

"Joules"
jou
Joubo
joubaloo
booBoo
Buda
Goonie Bird
Goonie
Goonie Goo Goo
Poopy Pants

"General Maximus"
Max
Maxie
Maxie Pad
Smacks
Sugar Smacks
Big Head
Buddie Big
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 03:02 pm
Ch4melOn, Welcome to A2K!!! I'm honored that this is your first post. As with many other pet names provided in this thread, some of yours made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 03:07 pm
Hi Ch4meleOn....

Welcome to A2K!!!!

Love the names!

What kind of dogs are they?

Roberta... here's a kitty-face for Mikey (I hope this works!)....

>^..^<

Very Happy
0 Replies

Ch4mele0n

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 03:16 pm
Jealousy-Red nose Pit Bull ADBA registered
Skye-Red nose Pit Bull ADBA-UKC registered
Maximus -Red nose Pit Bull ADBA-UKC Grand Champion registered
Joules-Begal "LOL" with a little bassett hound not much though thats the baby of the faimly the only one that sleeps in the bed.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 03:45 pm
Hi Ch4meleOn.....

That's a lot of 'strong necks' in your family!! My neighbor is raising Pit Bulls, but I'm not up-to-speed on their bloodlines. They're really sweet dogs, because she babies them to death! And, they're all very well behaved, too!

My daughter and I spent all day yesterday at the Seattle AKC Dog Show. We mainly watched the Agility trials, but also watched some of our favorite breeds.... Akita, Wippit, Siberian Husky, Jack Russell Terrier, and Of Course the Border Collies!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 04:11 pm
Ch4mele0n (nice name, tho tricky to type!) - welcome to the site - great question to start with. 4 dogs, and only one sleeps with you! You are a tough doggie-dad. I'm perched on the very edge of my chair as i type - Cleo, has decided she wants to sit with me, and as it's a victorian ladies side chair, there's not a lot of room left.

Roberta Roberta - Westminster is coming! yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

edit: all fixed in honour of our new friend Ch4mele0n! :wink:
0 Replies

Ch4mele0n

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 04:21 pm
Not A doggie mom but a doggie dad no biggie though.
Mom likes the dogs when they are calm,
Dad loves the dogs when they all play "so loud that
you cant hold a conversation with the person sitting next to you"but we are both real animal lovers.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 04:36 pm
hi and welcome ch4meleon: i can tell you from experience that ebeth's two dogs can make you feel that a kingsize bed isn't much bigger than a cot, once they decide to join you at bedtime! when the dogs are visiting(bailey and cleo) they usually start out by taking up just a little space in the middle of the bed - when we wake up inthe morning, my wife and i are usually hanging on the the side of the mattress for dear life. but that's o.k. the dogs are usually well rested and ready for an early morning walk to the park - and they usually manage to drag me along. say hi to the beach...
0 Replies

Ch4mele0n

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 05:17 pm
LOL that is great hamburger very funny LOL definatly a COT LOL
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 10:50 pm
Nice, seaglass...farmer. the dog can read, why am I not surprised, but would

You

mind

filming it???

??????osso
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 10:55 pm
PaL, Mikey says thanks for the kitty face. He says it reminds him of his sister. And I thought he was an only child.

Ch4melOn, A hard name to type. Whew. Three pit bulls and a basset. You've got some major canine muscle there.

Hamburger, Your two dogs sound like my one cat--bed bullies.

ehBeth, Looking forward to Westminster, as always. I think I'll put a blindfold on Mikey this year. He gets jealous.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2003 11:10 pm
A freind's dog, the aptly named "Shorty", weekended with us, allowing his humans a nice overnight in The City.

Laying, down, Shorty is every bit the well muscled, gleaming, black-coated, huge headed, thick tailed image of his father, a substantial Black Lab. When Shorty gets to his feet, he looks as though he was intended to be a subsantial Lab, but that construction was halted for lack of materials. Shorty's mom is a Basset Hound.

timber
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:55 am
Timber, Any photos of shorty? He sounds like a dog I'd like to take a look at.
0 Replies