Pet names for pets

bigdice67

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 07:05 pm
Our cats have a family name too, and it came from my brother-in-law. When he saw the cats the first time and asked what their names are, my wife told him, Mysan and Nisse, he just answered "Ah, the Nissans"... So that's what I call them The Nissans.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 03:33 am
BigDice, The Nissans. Sounds good to me.

I don't think I mentioned that Mikey has a middle name. It's Sasquatch. Yes, he was named after Big Foot. Why? He's got many extra toes, so his feet are unnaturally large.

I call him by his full name only when I'm very, very annoyed.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 06:15 am

\
a BORDER COLLIE WILL SIT PATIENTLY AND , WITH A SLIGHT LOOK OF DISDAIN, AS IF SAYING"THIS IS THE BEST MASTER i COULD GET"? THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO PET NAMES. STASHU WILL RESPOND TO STASH OR STASHU, OTHERWISE IT WILL IGNORE YOUR COMMANDS.
ERNIE, THE CATAHOULA WILL IGNORE EVERYTHING INCLUDING NAMES THAT BEGIN WITH THE DEITY.

/
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 11:51 pm
Ernie, The Catahoula, a mouthful right there,dagnabbit.

Farmerman, to do bold, you start with a [ b ] without the spaces, and finish up with [ / b ] without the spaces.

Oh, and it only works if you do it through PostReply.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 08:05 am
HOWEVER, MY BORDER COLLIE IS SMARTER THAN YOUR HONOR STUDENTS

IM TRYING OUT THE BOLD OPTION HERE
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 08:18 am
Fast learner you are farmerman, welcome to A2k again.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 01:49 pm
Farmerman, Welcome to a2k and the world of boldface, italics, and color. I have no doubt that your border collie is smarter than some people I know. But honor students? If you say so.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 03:34 pm
oH YEH, MY BORDER COLLIE IS FLUENT IN 3 LANGUAGES. AND, I HAVE A BUMPER STICKER THAT SEZ SO. I GET A LOT OF CRAP FROM THE BUMPER STICKER CROWD REGARDING THIS AND MY STANDARD QUIP IS,
"CAN YOUR KID DRIVE AND PEN 50 SHEEP IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES?"

I THINK NOT
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 03:42 pm
Hi Farmerman!!

My friend has the "My Border Collie Is Smarter Than Your Honor Student" bumpersticker on her van. She got "flipped off" by a mom who had the typical "My Child Is An Honor Student At Such-And-Such School" bumpersticker.

My friend said, "My Border Collie would never "flip off" someone!"

Good to see you here!!

I don't know if you've read this, but we now have a second Border Collie, which we rescued from eastern Washington. She's a little dynamo, and my daughter is aiming toward doing Agility with her. She's about 8 months old. We put her on some sheep, and she was awesome. She was really thinking about what she was doing. Herding trials could be in her future, too!

Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 05:01 pm
We have a cockatiel named Matty, or Maddie. The Madster. Miss Poopsalot. Big Girl (because she dwarfs the parakeet). When she lays eggs I call her Mini Chicken.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:12 am
Farmerman, You've got a polyglot pooch. I'm impressed. When I was in Paris, I was stunned to see that the dogs there understood French. (I've wised up a lot since then.)

PaL, Glad to hear that Bonnie is working out so well and that she has such potential.

What's a girl to do when she doesn't have a car? No bumber stickers. I think I'll try for a rumper sticker and affix the following to my ass: My Cat Is a Moron.

cjhsa, I love boids. Your cockatiel lays eggs. Tres great. I used to have a parakeet (named Billie Boy) who laid many eggs. No guy boid so no little boids. Is there a Mr. Poopsalot?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:14 am
Ooh, I like cockatiels...

And border collies. I was minding my own business, walking down the downtown street, when a truck turned the corner and two, two, count em two, border collies went crazy that I and a person with a dog behind me were on the sidewalk. Made me smile, it did, reminds me of Pacco, who was back at the studio. Barking, probably.

Barker, Nosy Barker. Cease!!!! Calmo.

I like calmo. Actually it is a command...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 06:17 am
WELL, THE THREE LANGUAGES THAT STASH UNDERSTANDS INCLUDE
ENGLISH, CANADIAN, AND PA GERMAN. I WAS LISTENING TO DAN PINKWATER WHO, IN RECENT YEARS WITH NOTHING TO DO UP IN RHINEBECK, HAS TAUGHT ONE OF HIS DOGS TO READ AND OBEY COMMANDS ON 3X5 CARDS. THE DOG CAN READ SIT , DOWN , COME, STAY, AND HEEL
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 06:21 am
Holy moley. One dog's a polyglot and another is literate!

My cat Mikey is still a moron. But he does understand a bit of English.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:03 am
Hi Farmerman.....

Wow! You really caught my attention! I did a search for Dan Pinkwater and learned that he raises and trains Alaskan Malamutes. I also learned that he writes and illustrates short-story fantasy fiction for children. His stories sound great. I'd like to find a few.

Anyway, I'm going to try flash cards with Jack (my Border Collie). He already does most of his commands without words, only from hand signals.

Also, we're trying to teach him to stick out his tongue on command!! We haven't been successful, so far, but Jack's eaten lots of peanut butter off his nose in the process!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:20 am
My dogs respond better to hand than voice command (especially when there's a treat in the hand). Molly was bothering this woman who'd given here a treat at the park, trying to get another one, and the woman kept nicely trying to tell her to goi back to her owners (who were calling her). Problem was, the woman was pointing to us to try to get through to Molly, and a horizontally outstretched arm is our command to sit. So Molly sat like a good girl, and when her treat was not forthcoming, she jumped up and emphatically sat down again, and so forth. So good yet so bad...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:22 am
Manus D. Pinkwater! Daniel Manus Pinkwater! AMAZING author! Love him!

Fat Men From Space
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:35 am
nonsequiterozobe.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:36 am
Ah, Pinkwater is the best! We should do a thread just on him ....
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 07:22 pm
It's amazing how quickly one creates multiple monikers for their pets.

This lovely male nutered smeeze has been a part of my household for about two or three weeks. I named him Simon. He is fortunate enough to live far enough out from town traffic to be an indoor - outdoor cat.

thusfar when I call, he answers to Simon & Schuster
Simmy
old blue eyes
bain of the dog
baby boy
king of the hill
Pavarotti (Simon loves opera and sings
along)

Needless to say he is an interesting addition to the family, Jaime McPherson, a poi dog, two chicken names Pumpkin and Ebony, and a wild boar named Redeye that lives in the jungle behind my house. And there are frequent visits by wild turkeys, Chinese pheasants and other gamebirds.

Life is good in LaLa Land.
0 Replies