Back in the singles' club again

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 11:11 am
Today, for whatever reason, is pretty bad. i just don't know what to do with myself. perhaps the shock is over and the reality is sinking in. i will miss E so much. I already do. I feel so wounded, like a trapped animal. Comes and goes in waves. I do keep busy, and have hours in a row when I' fine and up. Then I crash for an hour or so. I know, I know, it is normal. It will pass. But it is here now. I wish I could do something with this grief. Transform it into something. Still can't believe it somewhere deep inside.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:01 pm
Shallow people shuck relationships easily. You're cursed/blessed with sensitivity, loyality and a sense of justice--all the uncomfortable virtues.

This too shall pass.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:29 pm
The humidity is a bit oppressive today, it's understandable. Can you take a ride out somewhere? I know there are some closed highways this week, but you can probably head out of the city and South, maybe to lovely Providence for just a completely unjustified and impractical outing. It's a nice little, walkable city. Note: they serve sweet rolls with their Chinese food there. :-D
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 12:32 pm
Hey Dag, the wife and kids are out of town for awhile, isn't it about time for a west coast swing? This week would be especially good for a getaway, what with all those extra blowhards in Boston for the week and all.

Wink
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 02:37 pm
;-) thanks, cj. just a bit low on dough right now. but if you'll sponsor me, i will surely come. Providence won't work jes, E lived there for 5 years, I'd go down for the weekends... I am OK again, the wave has passed, but sheesh, that was an ugly one. As a therapy I googled a handsome anthropology professor I always liked. He always looked back when I pass. Perhaps he's divorced... Anyhoo, going to see a Cambridge apartment tonight, I hope it will work out, that would be awesomest.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:01 pm
Cambridge Apt? Cool.....
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:18 pm
What happened to Winchester?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:29 pm
It may or may not be too far out.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:30 pm
Far out.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:32 pm
Dude.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:37 pm
Yo.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:41 pm
Yo.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:49 pm
yo-yo?
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 05:52 pm
Ma!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:05 pm
ok ok

....sorry Dasha....
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 06:22 pm
But seriously...
If you have a car (or are willing to put up with the commuter rail), a change of scene might not be a bad idea.
To a Cantabrigian, Winchester may seem like the boonies, but it's really a very pretty and pleasant town.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:06 pm
Well, the Cambridge place sucked, unfortunately. Too much money for little music. Run down, the two women that live there are 40-something with strange jobs and no life to speak of. I would die there. So, I keep looking. But I am sure that if I don't find something cheap in Cambridge/Somerville, I will be more than glad to stay in Winchester, with people I know and like. I just feel like it would be really grand if I could live with someone my age, where i would feel home enough to hang on weekends and head out for dinner/ drink with the roommate(s) every now and then. I am looking for a littlek - I wish you had weak enough character to ditch your incoming roommate, that would make me very happy. But also evil and that is not a choice. So, tell me about that place in Somerville you saw. Heck, I should stop by tomorrow - I keep running around like crazy. I will. Will call. Am at home -E is in bed, things are 'ok'. he will help looking too. Chivalrous of him...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 09:26 pm
The Cedar st apt is less than a block from where the bike path crosses Cedar St. Between Broadway and Windsor Streets. I'll try and get a better fix on an exact address.

Sorry I can't be a bitch for you Dasha. It's very tempting though.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2004 11:34 pm
Listening with waving flaggons for Dag.
Well, me, what ever you choose I am in your camp.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 07:38 am
thanks osso. of course, lk, i wouldn't really want you to kick out the poor new roommate. just daydreaming here. slept a bit more, will call around every apartment with a room for rent in it today. can't wait, ugh. so tired still. can't wait to be home.
0 Replies