Back in the singles' club again

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:32 am
Ah. Well, what shall we do tonight, then?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:34 am
Buy a nice big bottle of wine and cry until the tears dry up, or she passes out, whatever comes first.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 08:46 am
Dag~

Here's hoping you can get through this pain as quickly as possible. Eight years is a long time by any measure, but the eight years between 20 and 28 are especially long. There's just so much that happens to us in those years!

Time to treat yourself to a little fun. Maybe some travel? (And don't fall into one of those insane "rebound" relationships -- I've been there, and regretted it.)

Good luck!
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:07 am
Aawww. Sad Well that stinks. I'm sorry.
I ended a 12 year relationship awhile back, but under different circumstances (I had grown very tired of him, and he couldn't hold a job). But still, it was hard the first few months not to have him around. I cried every day for weeks, and I barely even liked him anymore. No comparison to your situation, I know, but breaking up is hard to do. A tired cliche', but so very true.
I hope that you'll feel better soon. You were very brave to end it, painful as it might be. You'll be better off in the long run if what you needed is something he can't give.
Here's another cliche' for you: Time really does heal all wounds. You'll be okay. Poor baby. Crying or Very sad Hoist a few with LittleK tonight; I suspect she's got a strong shoulder for you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:47 am
Dasha, as far as I can tell, has summed up her relationship with 'E' very well. It's been a joy to know them together, and to know her without him. I suspect she'll have the world at her feet one day, with our without 'E'.

All the same, tonight we should buy a bottle of wine, yes indeedy, or maybe go out. I guess it's up to her. I've suggested Japanese Drumming, something cathartic for me in that, but I dunno if she'd feel the same about it.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:47 am
We've all been there, Dag.
Like suzy said: time heals all wounds.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 09:58 am
Eoe--

Would that time wounded all heels.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 10:16 am
Ochhhhh, Dasha.

I'm sad to hear that you're sad.
I think I'm going to treat myself to some John Frieda products in your honour - and challenge you to pamper yourself a bit. Get soused, with our littlemissK, and then pamper yourself.

(((((((((((( Dasha )))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:05 am
I literally said, "Oh no!" aloud when I saw the title of your thread.

What a horrible situation, what a difficult decision. But how strong of you to make it, to recognize that things needed to end.

You clearly have an excellent head on your shoulders, not only dissertation-wise (lay into that thing!) but relationship-wise, and when you're ready, your next one will be damn good. 'Cause smart, sensible, and gorgeous -- well, the world's practicing its prostrations as we speak.

Hugs.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:19 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Eoe--

Would that time wounded all heels.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 12:10 pm
Ain't it the truth, eoe?! I love it when that happens.

I'm so sorry, dagmaraka. Eight years IS a long time. But not as long as nine. Or ten. Better to cut your losses. It's a Great Grown-Up Thing you're doing...knowing what will make you happy and not settling for less. Damn it, I just wish being an adult didn't hurt so much.

(((((HUG)))))

I would send you a big box of chocolates if I could. I've been through a lot of chocolates in my time, and it does help. Being an adult sucks.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:16 pm
thanks ya'all. luckily i found out i have wonderful and many friends, been swamped by emails and phonecalls all day. i'm up for anything, lk, i'd go watch a bridge rust, just don't wanna go home too early. though i could use some sleep too...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 05:58 pm
well damn, where the hell are you? I'm all ready to go and have been for an hour. I'm guessing that there was a back up at dinner? Or perhaps the phone has been too busy for you to get through (it has, really). Hmmm....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 06:13 pm
here i am, couldn't stand the crowds. got overwhelmed at the dinner and had to flee 'home', which isn't home anymore, although that i cannot grasp yet. evenings seem to be so much harder, damn.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 10:47 pm
I hope you're sound asleep by now......
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 11:26 pm
{{{dags}}}}
So sorry to hear this...

What about a trip to London - on the way to Slovakia? You have some fans there!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 12:24 am
I'm so sorry it's so painful for you at the moment, Dag. Yes, 8 years IS a long time & this will take some time to get over ... So now is the time to be kind to yourself! Indulge in a few of life's pleasures, read those books you've been meaning to read, have that bubble bath, travel a little! Very Happy And most important, it's a time for good friends.
Good luck to you!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 12:27 am
(repeat post deleted)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 12:27 am
(repeat post deleted)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 06:23 am
Good morning Dag. You're beautiful--even if only your A2K friends and the egg carton are mentioning the fact this morning.

Do you have weekend plans?
0 Replies