Back in the singles' club again

nimh

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 05:56 pm
@the prince,
Ha! Or single again you mean :-)

Looks like I'll be in London one last time for a work meeting before this li'l program of ours collapses (long story) ... meeting will be on 26 May. Would you have time (and inclination) to meet the evening before?

If I can go there a day early, we could meet the evening of the 24th instead, might be better, but I'm not sure if I can pull that off this time ...
msolga

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:03 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
we could meet..

Ha! At last, at last!!! Razz Wink
nimh

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:04 pm
@msolga,
We've met, if just once Smile
msolga

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:16 pm
@nimh,
Ah. Didn't realize that, nimh. I though this would be G's big day, the long anticipated meeting! Wink

And if you should catch up with G, it'd be great if you could let us know how he's going. I'm very fond of him (I know quite a few others here are, too), miss him & his visits here are so few, so fleeting ... He sounds incredibly busy! (I hope he's not over-doing the work thing too much!)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:34 am
@nimh,
Ofcourse gorgeous.......if you promise not to tell anyone here how fat I have become Sad
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 10:59 am
I went on a blind date last night. It had been a long time - seven years maybe? I can't remember any more.
panzade

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 11:43 am
@mac11,
Quote:
I went on a blind date last night.I can't remember any more.

date from hell?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 11:50 am
@mac11,
you're braver than me...I can't ever imagine going on a blind date anymore
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 12:06 pm
@dlowan,
Obviously, the prince would only be number three after you and Margo.
Thomas

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 12:13 pm
@mac11,
Good for you, Mac!
dyslexia

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 12:27 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Good for you, Mac!
yeah.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:37 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Obviously, the prince would only be number three after you and Margo.

I see.

margo

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 06:12 pm
@dlowan,
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Second choice after Deb!

Not too much hope, then... Crying or Very sad

Guess I've been in worse positions!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 06:59 pm
@mac11,
Blind date Mac - you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO brave..... never never never in a million years never never never.

I met up with Bazza up in London the other week - have talked for over a year and yabbered incessantly on the phone - never met him til then and it was so easy - even tho we hadn't met. Very safe and charming and a great great chap - we laughed and toured London. Didn't feel like a blind date - it wasn't any sorta date - we are really amazing friends from A2K....

the thought of going on a blind date would give me nightmares. NEVER.

<just got BACK together with G tho... after a VERRRRRRRRA lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time - seeing what happens>

<grabs Panz's hand and "twists and shouts"... "c'mon baby now"....> strange thing is - i could meet people on A2K and feel so comfortable - but going out to meet someone who was new and you didn't know.... oooooof. YOU ARE SO BRAVE. GOON ONYA GAL.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 08:55 pm
Well, he was new to me, but a friend of mine went out with him a few times last year. She thought that we would be good together. We exchanged emails & pictures last week, and talked on the phone Sunday for a little while. He seems like a nice guy, and I hope we see each other again, but no plans for that yet.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 09:50 pm
@mac11,
I'm happy for you getting out there, Mac.

I had a few blind dates a million years ago. They were all fine (enough) people. Three were set ups by my cousin, all engineers of the civil/mechanical type. Apparently we are star crossed to start with. Two of those were car crazy and.. terrible drivers. I did date one engineer for a few years, not a blind date, who asked me to marry him once a year, every year.. but, noooooo. (What if I had - well, I would have had a totally different life. My own hasn't been as smooth as silk, but I feel that I didn't spend a lot of time being not-me.)

There were two other blind dates, both set ups by med friends. I'm embarrassed to say that I immediately dismissed them, not obviously, I hope, as being too short and... This is odd, very odd, since my all time favorite boyfriend was 5' -3" +, whom I'd met before them. So, I'm wrong, it wasn't shortness, but some personality or behavioral thing.

Anyway, no cads in the bunch.

On successful blind dates, I've a story. Sometime in the years of my key girl friend group, somehow a friend who knew two of them had a male friend she thought was a possibility. She called one, and she was busy, so she didn't give the guy her number. She called the other, and she wasn't, and the fellow called her. They've been happy all these years since - let's say 35. At least it seems so.

msolga

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 04:15 am
@mac11,
Good on you, mac! Smile
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 04:20 am
@mac11,
Sounds fun -- enjoy!
dlowan

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 07:00 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Sounds fun -- enjoy!

Wot he said.

I am sorry re his blindness, though...poor fella.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 08:25 am
@ossobuco,
I should probably post a dispatches-style topic re my blind date experiences. I met RP through the Personals, and had been doing so for almost a year by then. It was, erm, interesting. Hmm...