Back in the singles' club again

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:21 pm
Okay, I'm feelin' generous tonight, so I said why not, I'll throw a box in for my newest lady friend, Shazzer as well. In fact, you can have all the rest of the loot too.

And now, without further ado...

Truffles for everyone! These are from Bendel's...

http://images.giftservices.com/images/large/5425a.jpg

Not enough for you? Well then, maybe you'd like MORE truffles!

http://www.chocolatecandies.net/images/backs/truffles.jpg

And even MORE!

http://www.jcwyatt.com/thebigapple/truffles.gif

...and for something a little different, might I suggest these home-made belgian chocolate truffles dusted in cacao powder...delicious...

http://www.brugeschocolates.com/sitebuilder/images/belgian_chocolate_truffles-412x412.png

Also, coincidentally, my uncle Rocco "found" a box full of diamond tennis bracelets last night, so here's a picture of the one I'm sending each and every one of you.

http://www.gbjewelers.com/Images/front_page/diamond-bracelet-large.jpg

Today I made the video in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral. You should all be getting your copy soon. It came out great. The friend who filmed it for me even had the presence of mind to keep filming at the end when the two very large cops came and thrashed me mercilessly for a full eight minutes in broad daylight. Cha-ching!

Oh, and as luck would have it, I am an international foot model. I have connections in the cashmere sock biz. I'm getting you all a dozen each!

Here's a picture of some of my early work. Can you tell how nervous I was?

http://interweave.com/images/imagesknit/img_knit_backissue/toc_fall05/pairsocks.jpg

Okay, now, women of the world, IT'S TIME TO STOP HATING KICKYCAN!

Ah, yes! Finally, the curse is lifted! Yes! Yes!!!

<breaks>
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:33 pm
Thanks for the preview of the video Kicky. Here's a shot of my friends checking you out.
http://images.imagesource.com/preview/wmcomps/IS988-023.jpg

I declare you have fulfilled your side of the bargain and the curse is broken. Expect to get laid any day now - although please keep in mind that I'm a witch and not a miracle worker.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:33 pm
The women of the world hate you, kicky? Confused
I didn't know this.
I seem to have missed something critical here.
0 Replies

Shazzer

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:35 pm
You're too sweet, Kicky. Thank you.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:53 pm
Sweet, you say?

Have I told you how lovely you look tonight, Shazzer? Maybe we should take a walk together and get to know each other a little better...
0 Replies

Shazzer

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 10:18 pm
I'd like that, Kicky.

I must tell you though, I can't help but get weary of a guy who's got so many lady friends to whom he's giving extravagant gifts.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 10:40 pm
Thank you for all the lovely gifts, Kicky. The chocolates were so scrumptious they almost made me forgot about how small the diamonds in the bracelet are.

It resembles the bracelet that Mr. Eva bought me as a stocking stuffer a few years back. I never told him I lost it...and now I'll never have to! Thank you so much!

Speaking of stockings, I returned the cashmere socks. I don't wear socks. I used the money to buy some silk lingerie that I'm sure my husband will appreciate. In fact, I have it on right now!

LOVE LOVE LOVED the video! Nearly split my sides laughing...especially during the last 8 minutes! Wait 'til I show Mr. Eva! I'm taking the rest of these truffles up to bed with me now...we can watch the video there.

I'll let you know what he says.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 10:57 pm
Watchit, kicky, Shazzer has brains...

de deep, de deep, de deep....

Watchit, shazzer, he does too, though he tends to cloud them with various obfuscations...
0 Replies

Shazzer

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:11 pm
Ah, yes 'man speak.' I am familiar, Osso.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 11:46 pm
Kickster
Thanks for the goodies - when they arrive!

May I ask a question about tennis bracelets?

I'm a regular tennis player, and I've never seen anyone at my club wearing a tennis bracelet (neither men nor women).

I was at one of the rtizy clubs recently and no-one there wore one either. Mind you, I never get to the realllly ritzy tennis clubs - you have to wear white to even peek through the fence, let alone get through the gate!

Just what is the connection between bracelets and tennis?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:49 pm
Kicky may not know the answer to that, but I do!

American tennis icon Chris Evert was the first to wear one years ago during a few televised matches, and soon everyone wanted one just like hers. That's how they became known as "tennis bracelets."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 05:39 pm
Here's to learning something new every day.
Thanks Eva. I never knew what the 'tennis bracelet' thing was all about.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:19 pm
Thanks, Eva!

Jeez - I don't even wear a watch when I'm playing - but then, Chrissie Evert (and 1 or 2 others) hits a ball more cleanly than I do! Shocked

Perhaps they can cope with the distraction!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:22 pm
Davenport squeaked by...

er, sorry, I'm actually following this Open..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:26 pm
Oh, wait, how can it be that I posted this on the Back in the singles club again thread...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:25 pm
So.... I want to know. Does everyone have "the" one person they never get over?

Because, it's been what, three years now, and it's not getting any easier. Au contraire. It was easier two or one year ago, when I was still in the 'rebound mode'. Now I'm in 'who am I kidding?' mode.

When my most recent ex put a song excerpt in his signature line in email (in Hindi: "Yaad kiya dil ne, kahan ho tu? - literally "my heart remembers, where are you at?") I was genuinely touched and moved. The guy loves me the way I loved the Monster. But.... I couldn't help but think immediately of the Monster. In fact, when I got engaged on a whim with this last Ex... I thought of the Monster and how he'd react, almost immediately.

The Monster is married. We're not in regular contact (save for birthday and holiday wishes). How much longer?
I attribute this blues to the spring. I'm feeling quite appalingly lonely. Bordering on desperate. I met up with a friend of a friend tonight, contemplating whether I like him, or whether I just like any live male at this point... and not even being able to distinguish between reality, phantasy, right, wrong, anything. Utter confusion.
I'm also trying the eHarmony thing, but am chronically bad at following up with people. I may be too picky, but I get tired of all the rubbish I have to weed through, and the guys that look interesting usually don't respond. It's been an all around frustrating experience.
I suppose this has turned into a full blown rant, so be it.

What I want to know, ye older and wiser spinsters, what's the time perspective on this? How does one move on when there's not much to move from and not much to move to?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:33 pm
I hear you, dag. I tend to stay a little hung up on the last ex until I find someone new.

I did better the last time, but only because he got married and they had a baby within a year of his breaking up with me. When I found that out (googling) I wasn't so hung up anymore. Seven years and counting...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:35 pm
((((((((((HUGS DAG)))))))))

I know its not what you need right now but its the best I can do.

She was 16 I was 18, Sometimes it comes back with a vengeance. Accept it into yourself and treasure it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:50 pm
I try, dadpad, i try. The thing is, I have no hard feelings towards him. He was a good guy. During the eight years together, I mastered the skill of putting myself in the other's shoes, and I really do understand what the issues were for him. I understand him even better now that I went through a similar relationship he had with me, except I was more in his position (being an independent Westerner) and my last ex was in my position (being the poor dependent Easterner).

Mac, it's not that i'm hung up on the last boyfriend. I have dated 3 people since him. (and seen many more than that). It's just that I cannot shake this one. He got married. He moved on long ago (I suspect), although he still keeps calling me all the names we shared during our relationship. Which I cherish and resent at the same time. Eh, I guess it's just a particularly blue Saturday, that's all.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:56 pm
Oh, and the fact he got married. That I processed alright. But I'm dreading the day when I learn that they're expecting. To be perfectly honest, I always planned my family around him (met him when I was 19). Now I'm 31, and I haven't been able to imagine it with anyone else. I try to prepare myself, as I'm sure it's coming, but it's gonna be hard. I keep saying to that I think I just don't want children and the whole family business, but that's really not true. The naked truth is that I cannot get my ass unstuck from this guy and I try to convince myself that I'm indeed a happy spinster. I am reasonably happy, but I'd say that that's despite of the spinsterhood, not because of it.
0 Replies