Back in the singles' club again

littlek

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:04 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 10:32 pm
Just got an email from a 32 yo OB/Gyn doctor from Buenos Aires who wants to live with us. Among other things, he says:

Quote:
I state clear I eat every sort of aliments!

Surprised Shocked Question what does he eat?

i don't think i'll be replying to him. plus it must be weird to live with an ob/gyn doctor. i'd have to battle the visuals all the time. nonononono.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 07:50 am
Go with the Italian. If for no other reason than insuring that Gautam will come to visit! (Maybe me, too!)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 08:48 am
nimh wrote:
Well, there you go.

Money + intelligence + ambition + creative talent + exotic background = husband material.

(Sorry, I'm at a cynical low ebb when it comes to the men+women thing. Seems so much like its all just about survival of the fittest. Like addition formulas.)

Like a good resume, it only gets you an interview.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 09:04 am
Eva wrote:
Go with the Italian. If for no other reason than insuring that Gautam will come to visit! (Maybe me, too!)

Or me Wink
Besides, most Italian men can cook and rather well too. His beloved Mama
is going to send lots of care packages with good Proscutto, Parmesan
and olive oil.

That's a no brainer, girls.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 03:18 pm
That was exactly what I need, Dag, a hearty laugh..... thanks..... what the hell was he trying to say? Oh! This just in: my mother just informed me that aliments means food in my very own english language (as in the alimentary system).

Speaking of the Italian, has he been in touch?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 03:24 pm
I was posting the craiglist ads for her apartment since her laptop is all screwed up. I think maybe 10% of the people who emailed back can type/speak English. Well obviously they can't since I clearly put in the ad no emails.

One subject line said "I'll be glad." Then in the email he put two or three times he'd "be glad" to move in.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 04:58 pm
not a word from the italian. i just shot him an email to ask what he thinks and that he can have the place if he still wants it... should know soon.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 05:32 pm
here's hoping - it would be good to have this resolved before you leave!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 07:14 pm
So if some hot guy moves into your apartment, you two going on a Victoria's Secret shopping spree? "Accidentally" walk through the kitchen while he's in there all slutted out?

Flippin' sweet.

I can't have female roomates right now. For one, one of my roomates doesn't want to live with girls(think it has something to do with his g/f), and they're all staying another year anyway. Dammit.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 07:14 pm
Aw, you guys can only choose one of the MIT hotties? Not both? Bummer.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 09:31 pm
perhaps you could take both, and share them! Embarrassed
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 08:19 am
The italian who said he'd tell us his decision last saturday changed his mind. Now he is to tell us this evening. And, We were so busy this weekend that we didn't get back to steve yet. So..... we shall see.

We could share them, or maybe split them...... perhaps we could make a 4th bedroom?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 11:05 am
So I have a simple question. I left a job about a week ago, and there was this girl there that I kind of thought maybe I want to ask out. But I only have her e-mail address. I just e-mailed her a little while ago to say hi, but didn't say anything about asking her out.

Asking someone out in an e-mail seems pretty goofy to me, but I don't have her phone number. My question is, should I just ask her out in an e-mail, or should I e-mail her and ask for her phone number so I can call her to go out?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 11:41 am
Just do a meet-for-coffee (or afternoon drink -- better) thing. Not a big deal, and what the hell have you got to lose?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 11:50 am
kickycan wrote:
So I have a simple question. I left a job about a week ago, and there was this girl there that I kind of thought maybe I want to ask out. But I only have her e-mail address. I just e-mailed her a little while ago to say hi, but didn't say anything about asking her out.

Asking someone out in an e-mail seems pretty goofy to me, but I don't have her phone number. My question is, should I just ask her out in an e-mail, or should I e-mail her and ask for her phone number so I can call her to go out?

if she replies, write her back and ask her for her #.
if she doesn't write back, she prolly ain't interested...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 01:34 pm
She did write back. I wrote her back again and asked for her number, so I guess we'll see what happens.

thanks
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 02:07 pm
Just out of jail, and already you're cheating on your 14 year old sweetie?

What a cad.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 02:07 pm
Woohoo!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 02:54 pm
You did the right thing asking for her number. The worst thing you want to do is get caught up being email penpals. Plus she'll get the hint you're interested by asking for her number.
0 Replies