Back in the singles' club again

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 10:20 pm
and the bastard wrote to me about a week ago saying he's been thinking about me a lot lately.

well thank you very bloody much. what am i supposed to do with this piece of information? stick in a pot and grow a little coward tree, i suppose.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 10:24 pm
<grin>

You were right about that - cold feet, second thoughts, yadda. Why he told you? He's selfish.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 10:32 pm
knowing him... he is most likely nervous as hell. and i'm sure he was/is thinking about me, too. for some reason that pisses me off.

unfortunately, precisely because i know him so well, i cannot really be angry at him, for i understand him way too well. gah. where's the bloody homeboy when i need distracting?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 10:38 pm
I dunno, where is he?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 11:30 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
knowing him... he is most likely nervous as hell. and i'm sure he was/is thinking about me, too. for some reason that pisses me off.

unfortunately, precisely because i know him so well, i cannot really be angry at him, for i understand him way too well. gah. where's the bloody homeboy when i need distracting?

It's hard to know what to do with all that (now) useless knowledge, hey, dag? I'm sorry you're feeling sad right now but I understand perfectly why. But before too long this is going to be history, you know! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 01:44 pm
Dag--

When you are in your chariot leading the triumphal parade you will pass a pathetic old man scrabbling in the gutter. Lo, the old man will be The Monster who will have aged spectacularly poorly.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 08:57 pm
spectacularly poorly...i like that expression.

of course, he's a plastic surgeon, he'll have a ton of money, die young and happy (young because of heart disease running in his family...anyway that is his fixed idea, not mine).
in any case, i survived today not thinking about him until i passed a church where wedding was taking place, luckily i had to work from morning till right now. whee.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 8 Jul, 2006 09:11 pm
Quote:
of course, he's a plastic surgeon, he'll have a ton of money, die young and happy (young because of heart disease running in his family...anyway that is his fixed idea, not mine).

I never knew any rich people growing up. I've met a few since. I still haven't met one I'd trade places with.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:39 pm
And now we find ourselves fighting against the tendency to use craig's list's housemate finding pages as a dating website! G'dd'mn!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:58 pm
littlek wrote:
And now we find ourselves fighting against the tendency to use craig's list's housemate finding pages as a dating website! G'dd'mn!

You mean, use Craigslist's dating section? Or are you picking up guys coming to look at your apartment?

If you post an ad looking for guys, the numbers are heavily in your favor. I talked to a girl who put an ad up and got 100 responses. If you're a woman putting an ad in casual encounters, you'll probably get three times that. If that's your bag, that is.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:24 pm
Slappy, we just got two very attractive and interesting men ask about our apartment. I don't seem to have the patience to weed though the responses from dating websites, craig's list or otherwise.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:26 pm
So, when do they move in? :-D
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:29 pm
<egads> soz, you're not helping! The Italian born guy working at MIT on fusion (who paints) is coming by to see the place tomorrow. The portuegese-born aussi-phile math whiz working at MIT on string theory is coming on tuesday. <swoon>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:32 pm
OOoh, they sound promising!

OK OK I'll quit. I can probably make E.G. find out about them if you want. At least the string theorist.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:36 pm
The string-guy...... sigh....... well, anyway, he ha sa website.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:46 pm
The other people interested have been a guy who worked as an architect on the Guggenheim - Bilboa and is now working at MIT on an Opera in production by it's media lab set to debut in Monaco in 2 years.

Where do these people come from?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 09:05 pm
<damn, I guess Soz went to bed.....>
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 09:07 pm
littlek wrote:
<damn, I guess Soz went to bed.....>

probably having another look at EG! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 09:21 pm
heeheehee....... the aussie-phile is currently in adleaide and flying here on the 13-14th.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 09:23 pm
Jeez - you should get the wabbit to check him out beforehand!
0 Replies