Back in the singles' club again

msolga

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:43 am
sozobe wrote:
msolga, what I was getting at was that he learned it over 8 years -- but could only bring himself to implement it with Ms. Cleanslate.

I went through that for a while with an ex, he wanted me to be a confidant, I wouldn't do it. Was still too raw for me, didn't want to fall into the old nurturer thing. We're friendly many years on, though, still occasional contact.

I do understand what you're saying, soz, Smile but, but ... a period of grief or sadness & some serious reflection after the end of an 8 year relationship would make me feel more confident about his future prospects. To be "engaged" after such a short time is well, rather rushed, I think. Some solitary reflection time, prior to such a big commitment, could have stood him in good stead for the future.
Why do men always RUSH into the next thing? (OK, SOME men! Smile
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:56 am
yeah well, that's not new. the monster cannot be alone, never could. i think he would just shrivel up and die in a few weeks. and he feels he's getting old.. hence the rush. whatever, it's all his, i'm done with it. again.

cj, luckily i stay away from the politics threads. feel free to flatter me anytime! and point that gun away, for heavens' sake!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 03:03 am
dagmaraka wrote:
yeah well, that's not new. the monster cannot be alone, never could. i think he would just shrivel up and die in a few weeks. and he feels he's getting old.. hence the rush.

A not uncommon story, dag! :wink:
What it means is that some other woman ends up dealing with his "unfinished business" with you.
I don't know why some men are incapable of being alone, but hey, they seem to rush out & in of relationships in a great hurry!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 04:51 pm
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I have been soooo happy single lately. Soooo very happy. Perfectly in balance. Whenever I do get tangled with some man, it's only trouble. Two times out of three I tend to lure someone who just wants to have fun on the side, while he pursues his real romantic interest. What the heck advertises me as such easy going, carefree flake? Is it that I'm now getting into my thirties, still single, professional (when I choose to work that is) - does that scream I WANT NO RELATIONSHIP, PLEASE SCREW ME AND THEN RUN ALONG TO GREENER PASTURES? Or perhaps it's the EASTERN EUROPEAN SLUT tattoo I have running across my forehead... (I did give myself a serious haircut yesterday and have serious bangs now. Tattoo covered. Whatsername with that scarlet letter should have thought of that, too!)

Gaaaaaaaaah. I sure hope none of the concerned will find this post, but what the heck do I care. Just felt like venting. I've been needing to, but didn't dare, since I'm surrounded by (the concerned) geeks (and they ain't no better than the rest of dem scumbags!!!). Grrrrrr.

Whew. That felt damn good. I'm all done and peachy now Razz

*Disclaimer: this post might include just ever so slight exaggerations, but whoever cares to point that out I WILL BITE HIS HEAD OFF!!!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 04:52 pm
That's great, Dag. Wanna screw and then go our separate ways?

<runs>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 04:53 pm
come a little closer, Kicky dear....

...and i promise you that you'll never leave ALIVE!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:01 pm
ok ok .... now that i released some of that adrenalin out, i want to ask. Is that a more common occurrence as we age somewhat? Single ladies out there in your 30s, 40s, 50s, etc... - is it more common that men (and women likewise I suppose) look for non-commital easy-going flings or at least no-strings attached relationships and it's rarer and rarer to find someone looking for the real thing? Or is it really just me sending this vibe out somehow? And how do I stop vibing such? Gah!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:25 pm
Hey Dag, dont you think you're slightly exaggerating?

<runs after Kicky>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:33 pm
Seriously ... is this about homeboy? The one who cooked for you, etc?

That sucks ... it sounded like such a happy story, I was really crossing my fingers for you.

I'd send you a (hug) if I'd thought you'd like 'em..

As for what you describe ... I dunno ... I'm in my 30s and I'd sure like a non-commital easy-going fling, so you might have a point ... but nothin happening. Just beautiful, kind girls who want to be my friend. Evil or Very Mad

Still, sucks ... I'm sorry. Next one, he wont be blind and you'll just wind him round your finger..
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:48 pm
yep, homeboy. i'm SICK of them. homeboys, journalists, nerds... all good and decent people... who expect me to be an exciting flame in their little life. i don't want to be a flare. or only when i choose to. actually, not that i really mind that at all, heh, not even in homeboy's case..... i just started doubting myself and messages i send out. seems i get flatly misread by men. must be putting on some sort of a show i'm not aware of...hmmm.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:52 pm
oh, and i could use a friendly hug. i'm not totally opposed to those, you know.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:59 pm
Thank God, Dag, you're human and struggle like the rest of us poor saps.
:wink:

Really, whatsoever is happening, I'm sorry. Your vent made me laugh tho - haven't read anything like that coming from you before.

I don't know about the other thing. ?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:04 pm
Haha, nothing to be sorry about. Just was vent-deprived.

So you say it's rather normal? I suspected so much. I'll still have to work on the transmitter though. The messages that go out get garbled somehow.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:23 pm
There were a couple of hot irish electricians at my sister's house today. My mind stopped when they spoke.....such music. Ah well. They witnessed such a lovely thing. The nit-picking! The de-lousing! The 3 tons of awaiting laundry!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:25 pm
Very Happy HA! The charm oozer at work!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 07:08 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
oh, and i could use a friendly hug. i'm not totally opposed to those, you know.

Big friendly (((hug))) for Dasha...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 07:48 pm
yay... ok, enough. :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 07:54 pm
Oh, and a kick in the gonads for homeboy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 07:55 pm
'tis a-coming.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:24 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
yep, homeboy. i'm SICK of them. homeboys, journalists, nerds... all good and decent people... who expect me to be an exciting flame in their little life. i don't want to be a flare. or only when i choose to. actually, not that i really mind that at all, heh, not even in homeboy's case..... i just started doubting myself and messages i send out. seems i get flatly misread by men. must be putting on some sort of a show i'm not aware of...hmmm.

Dasha... Dag... Darling... this is the guy you met when you were putting heart and soul into the role of "Caesar's slut," no?

I think a certain message might have been sent out there, that might not be a generalized problem in non-theater life... :-)

You're a wonder and a joy and you'll find a guy who can appreciate your many facets soon enough.
0 Replies