Back in the singles' club again

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:23 am
Ew.

That sucks.

I've seen a certain progression many, many times. Boy A and Girl A are together. Boy A has acted badly in one way or another. Girl A is a good communicator, and Boy A knows what he needs to do, he just feels guilty for already having acted badly and just can't quite bring himself to do it and Boy A and Girl A break up. But he's learned his lesson.

Then Boy A meets Girl B and he goes ahead and uses what he learned on her; she's blissfully free of the guilt-making history and gives him all the credit for being so [insert behavior learned from Girl A here].

(This goes the other way around too of course, with Boy A being the one who imparts the lessons that Girl A doesn't use with him, but with clean-slate Boy B...)

I've seen this with the second round of kids especially, that a guy wasn't the kind of father he wanted to be the first time around and then acts much better the second time -- leaving the first wife and first round of kids wondering why he couldn't have just done that the first time.

Anyway.

Hugs.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:31 am
nah, it's all good. just had to spill it out somewhere before i drag myself by my ears to write "Congratulations" to him... which i already did. done, check, basta.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:32 am
Bravo.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:27 am
Not easy bein' the guinea pig.

~~~~~~~

Ya done good, dasha.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:33 am
eeyep. soz, your theory sounds so familiar. my mom, family therapist, recounts such all the time.
about those, and also about the "oooh-i need my freedom, but ooh i am sooo loooonelyyyy" types. funny stuff.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:42 am
((((Dag))))
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 11:35 am
EhBeth has it:

Quote:
Not easy bein' the guinea pig.

Tacky but tempting: Are you going to send The Monster's fiancee a sympathy card?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 11:38 am
What a tremendous loss for him. You are the most dignified, smartest, well put together, classiest woman that he will never have the opportunity to marry. If he truly were not meant to be, then just imagine how great the one waiting out there for you is....

Wishing you the very best, Dag.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 11:45 am
noddy, you rock. i should certainly do that, poor woman.
thanks, ladyJ, montana, soz, beth. i already made plans to drink with nimh soon. must make some friends in vienna stat.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:12 pm
I thought .... he?.... wha..... ?

Sigh.

But....

Oh phuket.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:38 pm
Sorry Dag. His loss and all that, but I know it still hurts.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 01:48 am
Dag

Not that I mean your ex any ill, Twisted Evil but .... truly, I doubt he's learnt EVERYTHING that he needed to know in such a short time. All done in rather a rush, too, don't you think?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:58 am
i had a dream about the bastard. we were sitting in some bar and he was trying to explain how he feels he's getting old and so he went for it, looking all guilty... then he told me that he's nervous about it (that comes from his email, the darned goodfornothing now wants me to be his confidant or something) and i ended up talking him through it and encouraging him...
what the hell is my problem? why can't i tell him off even in my bloody dream? he has no business telling me that he is a bit surprised himself and that he's nervous about his stoopid marriage-to-be. serves me right, trying to be a mother and a therapist to him for eight years. but couldn't i smash his head against the table, or at least splash a mug of beer into his face at least in my dream?! geeze louise! any tips? is this programmable in any way?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 08:32 am
I can't help you (smile) as I still talk with my ex hub. Though, in my own favor, I must say, not about his qualms about his new marriage (now not so new), if he has them.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 08:34 am
msolga, what I was getting at was that he learned it over 8 years -- but could only bring himself to implement it with Ms. Cleanslate.

I went through that for a while with an ex, he wanted me to be a confidant, I wouldn't do it. Was still too raw for me, didn't want to fall into the old nurturer thing. We're friendly many years on, though, still occasional contact.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 09:13 am
eh, at least i have a big good deed on my account to show the man upstairs. if it helps me to cut in line to heaven, it wasn't a wasted effort, right?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 09:27 am
(I can't help you re that, either....)
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 10:11 am
All the good deeds you have done (even in your dreams!!) will definitely pay off in the long run. Good karma on a grand scale!

I think your dreams just prove how deep your caring really goes. You have every right to be p*ssed as hell and yet your overwhelming inherent good soul still shines through.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 01:47 pm
Yes, it does. Unfortunately, the Monster knows that and is still taking advantage of your good nature. I'd tell him to go talk to "Ms. Cleanslate" about his doubts, not you. (Great name, Soz.)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 11:07 pm
I know y'all hate me for being a "gun toting conservative", plus, I'm married, but is Dag cute or what?
0 Replies