The Case For Biden

oralloy

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 04:59 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
He’s not coming there alone.

Odds are he's not coming there with control of the Senate.
snood

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 05:02 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
He’s not coming there alone.

Odds are he's not coming there with control of the Senate.

Probably not, but we’ll still celebrate that it’s him instead of the head MAGAT.
oralloy

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 05:08 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Probably not,

So Mr. Biden isn't going to be rolling over anything at all.

snood wrote:
but we'll still celebrate that it's him instead of the head MAGAT.

Mr. Trump will get his second term in 2024 after four years of a do-nothing Biden Administration, just like he got his first term after six years of a do-nothing Obama Administration.
snood

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 05:20 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
Probably not,

So Mr. Biden isn't going to be rolling over anything at all.

snood wrote:
but we'll still celebrate that it's him instead of the head MAGAT.

Mr. Trump will get his second term in 2024 after four years of a do-nothing Biden Administration, just like he got his first term after six years of a do-nothing Obama Administration.

We’ll see.

Same thing I told you a few weeks ago, when you were bleating about how Trump was going to win on 11/3. We’ll see.

Conversations with you are counterproductive at best. I’m done with your trolling.

Bet you can’t resist the last word!!!! C’mon, MAGAT! You can do it! Resist responding!
vikorr

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 05:24 pm
@snood,
I was reading how the US electoral system works, in terms of what happens if legal challenges take place, and deadlines aren't met etc.

The system there seems rather convoluted in how it can twist and turn.

We don't have presidential election in Australia, but if we ever become a republic, I sure hope we don't adopt anything like that system (in terms of what happens if there are challenges)
snood

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 06:01 pm
@vikorr,
For your country’s sake, I hope you don’t adopt a system like ours either. I don’t even know anymore if the kind of democratic republic we are now was a good concept on paper. As it is now, we have endless campaigns that are unduly influenced by big money; we have an electoral college system that sometimes doesn’t even reflect the will of the people when it selects a president; we have an electorate who gets their ideas largely from whichever social media outlets they perceive as telling their particular brand of truth. We’ve got a big ole ugly mess.
oralloy

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:36 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
a few weeks ago, when you were bleating about how Trump was going to win on 11/3.

Wrong. What I was saying just before the election is: "We'll see."

snood wrote:
Conversations with you are counterproductive at best.

Wrong again. Conversations with you are counterproductive at best.

Conversations with me are often productive.

snood wrote:
I'm done with your trolling.

Wrong again. You cannot point out any examples of me trolling.

I do confess that I did once troll someone, but that person is neither a conservative or a progressive. And it was no conversation that you had anything to do with.

snood wrote:
Bet you can't resist the last word!!!! C'mon, MAGAT! You can do it! Resist responding!

You said untrue things about me, and I have every right to set the record straight.
oralloy

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:38 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
The system there seems rather convoluted in how it can twist and turn.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. But it's not actually all that complex.

I can explain the system if you clarify what issues you are referring to.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:39 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
we have an electoral college system that sometimes doesn't even reflect the will of the people when it selects a president;

Sure it does. Progressives just refuse to accept it when they lose elections.
MontereyJack

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:44 am
@oralloy,
You spent four years telling us trump and his republican followers together would be in office continuously for twenty years. Waffling with "we'll see" does not negate that. Biden won. You were wrong.
McGentrix

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:45 am
@oralloy,
That's just another example of Snood having no idea how our country works or why it works the way it does. Ignorance is an important part of being a blind progressive.
MontereyJack

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:47 am
@oralloy,
The will of the people is the popular vote. When the e.c. goes against that, as it did in 2016 it does not reflect the people, it reflects the will of some of the founding fathers, who died two centuries ago. Snood is right.
snood

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:47 am
@McGentrix,
So, how are those liberal tears tasting?
MontereyJack

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:50 am
@McGentrix,
snood is right. you are not. He knows perfectly well how the country and the e.c. works, and in 2016 it clearly did not represent the will of the people.
McGentrix

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:52 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

So, how are those liberal tears tasting?

That's the second time you've asked me that. I ignored it the first time because I figured you thought I said something like that or similar to that.

Now I just assume you are just a cog trying to "score points" with some witty remark.

I didn't say anything about "liberal tears" dumbass. It was someone else.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 08:57 am
@McGentrix,
snood wrote:
we have an electoral college system that sometimes doesn't even reflect the will of the people when it selects a president;
The The Electoral College has failed to represent the American public five times throughout United States' history: in the elections of 1824, 1876, 1888, 2000 and 2016, a presidential candidate has won the election, despite losing the popular vote.
McGentrix

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 09:06 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

snood is right. you are not. He knows perfectly well how the country and the e.c. works, and in 2016 it clearly did not represent the will of the people.

You aren't any smarter, you've proven that now as before. Do you guys ever get tired of being ignorant?

The Electoral College is not meant to represent the will of the people, it represents the will of the states. The president is Executive of the Federal Government. He is not executive of the state governments.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?
snood

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 09:19 am
@McGentrix,
Aw, now you’re going to deny it. Typical of the liars that support the biggest liar. A few days before the election, you showed up here and said you might make another appearance after the voting, “ just to taste the tears”. You didn’t specify “liberal”, but I think we all know what you meant.

You’re definitely not worth the effort of bothering to search for the post, but I might get around to it anyway, just to prove again how full of bullshit you are.

Dumbass.
hightor

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 09:40 am
@snood,
Here you go, snood:
McGentrix wrote:

I've mostly given up on this place until something new happens. There is nothing to be gained by coming here except disappointment these days. I might come back when Trump wins though just to taste the tears.

https://able2know.org/topic/553323-2#post-7073732
snood

Fri 13 Nov, 2020 09:42 am
@McGentrix,
Wow. It wasn’t even that hard to find. You f*cking liar.

McGentrix wrote:

Putting good news about Trump on A2K brings out all the regular dregs of humanity. They could have read it and moved on, but instead took the time to repeatedly insult Brandon and downplay the news.

Do the replies on the thread actually shock anyone though? There are certainly no surprises... You get the typical "What about Palestine?" drivel. You get the usual pitter patter of "orange man bad" and TDS.

I've mostly given up on this place until something new happens. There is nothing to be gained by coming here except disappointment these days. I might come back when Trump wins though just to taste the tears.

Now that that’s cleared up...

How are those tears tasting?