Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 04:13 pm
@snood,
WORD!
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 04:20 pm
@revelette2,
Girl! The country is split in two. You have pretty even swatches of die-hards @ 30% each, so you are basically fighting for Libertarians and Independents.

Progressivism may not be what the bulk of them are looking for. (But I wonder how many Indies lean conservative...? I actually don't know that answer.)
0 Replies

foundednotlost

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 04:21 pm
@snood,
Quote:

I don't know why aged 60-70 should be a deal breaker. There are scores of people in public office over the age of 60. Does the relative youth of people like Rubio and Jindal make them any less feckless?

I agree––"60~70" years is not a "deal breaker" in my humble opinion. Ronald Reagan was 69 when he was elected to the Presidency. Biden is 72 and will be 73 in November. Is he hoping to serve one term only? I also agree with an earlier poster who suggested thorough scrutiny of the right person for "VP." Ronald Reagan seemingly was in good health at 69 but later discovered to have had the onset of early Alzheimers; the older one gets beyond the 70s, the more uncertain the future looks. Many people are living longer today with advanced science in the field of medicine. Despite Joe Biden's age I would still vote for him if given an option.

I like Biden, far better than Hillary as he is so boldly charismatic, outgoing, gregarious personality who genuinely seem to like people.

The former senator from the state of Wisconsin, Russ Feingold, would make an ideal US President. Born in 1953 and served as a Democrat, would make an excellent president of the US, I believe. He once started to run and then dropped out, dashing my hopes.
0 Replies

foundednotlost

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 04:31 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:

I am not aware of too much baggage and/or issues with Biden other than sticking his foot in his mouth on occasion.

This just makes him more human and touchable. Joe Biden's gaffes, rough edges, makes him more like the rest of us.
0 Replies

roger

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 04:46 pm
@Lash,
It don't feel like 50 to me.
Foofie

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 04:51 pm
It's just a personality contest, and a contest as to which party's members gets to play top dog. But the country moves along like a glacier, in my opinion. Can't stop a glacier.

Personally, I think Joe Biden would be an asset when dealing with the EU. He doesn't come off as duplicitous, in my opinion. He may help the U.S. regaining some old friends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 05:10 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

another far too old option

isn't there anyone under 50 in the Democratic party who would be a viable candidate?

I don't know why aged 60-70 should be a deal breaker. There are scores of people in public office over the age of 60.

I'll tell you why. I look at people slightly older than me, in politics and otherwise, and think these people should not be making decisions for anyone else. Way too out of touch with the realities of the modern world.

Thinking of scores of 60+ people in public office in any country does nothing to ease my mind.

It's the same way I don't really want a doctor over the age of 40.
roger

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 05:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Really? I see a doctor under forty, and wonder if that thing is a stethoscope or a lollypop.
ehBeth

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 05:18 pm
@roger,
Really. I want someone who knows what the newest procedures/meds are.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 06:07 pm
I think that's rigid and ageist. I think it depends on the individual. I think a lot of 60+ people have agile minds and a combination of creativity tempered with horse sense that a lot of young folks don't have. Just like there are a lot of old senile dinosaurs who need put out to pasture, there are a lot of young people whose youthful energy is just used to hold stubbornly onto bad ideas.
ehBeth

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 06:38 pm
@snood,
During the last federal election in Canada, a number of very young people were surprised to discover they'd been elected to parliament. So young they had to drop out of university. A number of them have brought tremendous sense, energy and knowledge to the political world here.

For the last 20 years or so, our politicians have generally skewed younger than in the US.

Pretty sure that I don't want the country entirely run by 20 year-olds, but I really like what I'm seeing with the influx of younger politicians.

Older politicians aren't horrible and disgusting by definition, but 50+ is unlikely to be my first choice.

All of them, regardless of age, have to answer my questions if they want my vote.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:02 pm
About Joe.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Biden-associates-resume-discussion-about-6419576.php
snood

Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:27 pm
@Lash,
A similar story - looks like Joe is seriously considering. We should know by the end of August.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/joe-biden-discusses-possible-presidential-run-with-supporters/
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 2 Aug, 2015 07:04 am
@roger,
I see Bernie keeping a VERY busy schedule and heard a few of his lifelong staffers interviewed saying they can't keep up with him. So, ok, LOL. There are a few variables in play - genetics, how you've taken care of your machine with diet, avoiding naughty chemicals in alcohol, cigs, etc - used good healthcare.

I know fit 70ish peeps and half-dead 50ish peeps.

I'll see if I can find the interviews.

He's sharp as hell and very active.

Not sure about Biden.
0 Replies

Miller

Sun 2 Aug, 2015 09:59 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

70 is the new 50.

In the case of Biden, 70 is the new 80. He'll be the first Person in the White House ( should he win...) to wear diapers, run to meetings with a hairnet on his tiny head of hair, and sport a very swollen prostate gland. He'll be known by all on social media as "Little Leaky"due to his frequent urination in his pants as well as elsewhere.

I'm for Mrs. Clinton...No prostate/hair issues with this woman.

Mrs Clinton and Marco Rubio are my favorites.
farmerman

Sun 2 Aug, 2015 10:41 am
@Miller,
Reagan had prostate surgery and wore a diaper (Id been told by a reporter friend). However, after having presidents like Cleveland and his cancer,Wilson and his strokes and paralyzed arm and one-eye stroke induced blindness, F Roosevelt and his paralysis, and Kennedy with his Addison s disease and mental problems, maybe Biden's not so much afflicted as he is only slightly inconvenienced.

I think it was Wilson s afflictions that initiated the campaign to amend the Constitution to define WHEN a vice-president should be sworn -in to take over the presidency (they added "incapacitated" just for Wilsons benefit)

He is probably more literate than 9 of those GOPers combined.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sun 2 Aug, 2015 04:46 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

... He'll be the first Person in the White House ( should he win...) to wear diapers, run to meetings with a hairnet on his tiny head of hair, and sport a very swollen prostate gland...

You have knowledge about prostates? I would have thought you'd be an anti-Prostite, being so pro Hillary and all? Don't denigrate the mighty prostate; even in the most complete transgender operations, the prostate is ususally left in. A prostate trumps a clitoris any day.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 2 Aug, 2015 05:06 pm
Biden’s advisers told ABC News that "his political team has been ramping up in recent days, entering what they call a more active phase," Cecilia Vega reported Sunday on “This Week.”

"In camp Biden, there are discussions about fundraising and launching a political action committee, and while the vice president himself hasn't authorized any of these moves, one adviser tells ABC News he believes Biden is 90 percent in," Vega said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joe-biden-2016-white-house-run_55be2a96e4b06363d5a27cfe?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 2 Aug, 2015 06:13 pm
@Miller,
Have you forgotten Ronny Raygun?
0 Replies

snood

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 05:42 am
Josh Alcorn, adviser and fundraiser for Biden's 2008 campaign and longtime aide to Biden's son Beau, joined with the Draft Biden folks on Sunday.
If Joe announces it will be late August or early September.
It's gonna be hard waiting for me to wait a month!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/08/03/alcorn-biden-pac/31044361/