The Case For Biden

oralloy

Sun 8 Nov, 2020 11:53 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
he needs to put on his big boy pants and concede this election

No he doesn't. Concessions are for when you lose to someone who you respect.

Mr. Trump should drag this out with as many recounts and legal challenges as possible. And then if he still fails, he should not do anything to acknowledge Mr. Biden at all.
glitterbag

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 12:08 am
@jcboy,
I don't want to hear a concession speech from Trump. It will go on far too long and I'm sick to death of his voice and his droning on and on over every imagined slight and his slurs and slander.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 03:02 am
@oralloy,
wow. Talk about sore losers.
snood

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 05:29 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

jcboy wrote:
he needs to put on his big boy pants and concede this election

No he doesn't. Concessions are for when you lose to someone who you respect.

Mr. Trump should drag this out with as many recounts and legal challenges as possible. And then if he still fails, he should not do anything to acknowledge Mr. Biden at all.

Who DOES he respect? Anybody? And I don’t mean Putin.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 06:19 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Concessions are for when you lose to someone who you respect.

Yeah. In this case "someone" is the electorate. Trump respects neither the people nor the Constitution.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 08:43 am
@oralloy,
Yep. Precisely as I said. Sore loser.
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 10:15 am
@oralloy,
Right . Sore loser.
oralloy

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 10:22 am
@MontereyJack,
It's not about losing. I merely propose that progressives be shown the disrespect that they deserve to be shown.
MontereyJack

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 10:27 am
@oralloy,
Hurling baseless invective like that when you lose is pecisely being a sore loser.
oralloy

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 10:40 am
@MontereyJack,
Hardly baseless and hardly invective.
farmerman

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 11:23 am
@oralloy,
nope, baseless because theres no credible evidence, and not an invective??

INVECTIVE--an utterance of violent reproach. (If that aint what youre doing, you need to carry a pocket dictionary on your journeys outside your basement
oralloy

Mon 9 Nov, 2020 11:26 am
@farmerman,
It indeed is not what I am doing.

And yes, there is in fact evidence that progressives are not worthy of respect.
MontereyJack

Wed 11 Nov, 2020 10:57 am
@oralloy,
bullshit as always. cite ehat you call evidence which it clearly isn't since there's no basis in reality for the claim.
Region Philbis

Wed 11 Nov, 2020 07:19 pm

Biden names Ron Klain as his White House chief of staff

Klain is one of Biden's most trusted campaign advisers and was long seen as the most
likely pick for the top job. He previously served as chief of staff to Vice President Al
Gore during the Clinton administration and Biden during his tenure as Barack Obama's
vice president...
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 08:39 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
bullshit as always.

You cannot back up your phony claims by pointing out anything untrue in my posts.

MontereyJack wrote:
cite what you call evidence which it clearly isn't since there's no basis in reality for the claim.

One reason why progressives are unworthy of respect is the way they refuse to graciously accept their election losses. If they don't graciously accept their losses, why should their opponents?

That is compounded by the way progressives demand instant concession and acceptance of the result when they think they even might be winning (before it is even clear yet). Talk about hypocrisy.

That is the most pertinent reason at the moment since the discussion is about conceding election losses. However, there are also many other reasons why progressives are unworthy of respect.

Another reason why progressives are unworthy of respect is the way they always rely on childish name-calling. You're a welcome exception to this of course. But look at how most other progressives spout endless name-calling.

Another reason why progressives are unworthy of respect is their endless attempts to violate people's civil liberties for no reason other than their own sadistic pleasure.

Another reason why progressives are unworthy of respect is the way they always deny reality and never even try to back up their claims.

Another reason why progressives are unworthy of respect is the way they cheat in elections. The dead coming out to vote in Chicago is not a positive tradition. And look at the way Al Gore tried to cheat in Florida. For that matter look at the way bobsal mass-downvotes conservative posts on a2k (not an election, but voting is involved).

Another reason why progressives are unworthy of respect is all the witch hunts that they wage against people who disagree with their demented ideology. Progressives are a scourge against innocent people everywhere.
snood

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 04:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I hope that Biden pivots quickly from the "warfare" imagery. He had a battle for the soul of the country. He won (or is about to win). Now he can move on.

I want Biden to boring.... a steady executive surrounded by competent managers. I want him to follow the science on the pandemic, be competent on the economy, and have a balanced (yes I said balanced) agenda for police reform that has specific policies rather than our current shouting match.

I wonder if we learned anything from 8 years of Obama’s constant pivoting to try to get a few “moderate republicans” to go along with his agenda. He pivoted on climate change. He pivoted on immigration. He even tried to please republicans with his choice of very non-threatening Merrick Garland for SCOTUS. All these pivots got Obama bupkis. I wonder if we’ve learned that we need to bring guns to gunfights, and not detailed policy proposals. I wonder if we’ve learned that moderation might be useful as ONE tool in a toolkit, but that moderation ain’t gonna save you. I hope we’ve learned that another integral tool is the willingness to roll the **** over anyone that opposes your goals.

Because the reality is that while reaching out to republicans is noble and small ‘d’ democratic, there is an incentive structure in place for Republicans to be intransigently oppositional. From the time of Newt Gingrich to now, republicans have built into their unspoken (and sometimes spoken) modus operendi that compromise means weakness.

We need to get that, and be firm and resolute when we deal with these republicans. I hope we do.
oralloy

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 04:57 pm
@snood,
As if Mr. Biden will have ever any ability to roll over anything.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snood

Thu 12 Nov, 2020 04:57 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

As if Mr. Biden will have ever any ability to roll over anything.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

He’s not coming there alone.