The Case For Biden

snood

Tue 2 Mar, 2021 01:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

The US is maintaining its alliance with Saudi Arabia, not because of its oil, but because of their mutual animosity towards Iran.

They are the world’s number one exporter of petroleum. You really believe that has nothing to do with how tightly we cling to the alliance with them?
InfraBlue

Tue 2 Mar, 2021 02:56 pm
@snood,
The oil dependency was a thing of the past. Especially now that we're moving away from petro-energy, I think that oil isn't a major factor for the US' alliance with Saudi Arabia. Containing Iran is the major concern for both. That's why other gulf states are making alliances with Israel, as well.
snood

Tue 2 Mar, 2021 03:17 pm
@InfraBlue,
If you think that the keen interest and investment that the American Military/Industrial complex have in the oil of the ME is strictly a thing of the past, I think you are a bit out over your skis.

Green energy is coming, but there is just too much money still tied up in oil to already be saying it’s in the past.

My opinion.
InfraBlue

Tue 2 Mar, 2021 03:44 pm
@snood,
Well, yeah, you're right. Oil is still an interest in the ME for the US. The troops there are mostly stationed in the oil producing regions. The US retaliated against Iranian bases in Syria for the rocket attack against the US base in Irbil, Iraq, which is in an oil producing region. I think our animosity towards Iran is the main reason we're allied with Saudi Arabia, though.
BillW

Tue 2 Mar, 2021 03:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
One fuels the other (I'm proud of that pun Mr. Green )
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 2 Mar, 2021 04:32 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Are you saying the petrodollar has nothing to do with it?

There is no such thing as a petrodollar. The world does strongly prefer stable energy production however.
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 2 Mar, 2021 07:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
We were allied with Saudi Arabia when Iran was our friend too. Ever since the Saudis made Nixon come to them hat in hand.
InfraBlue

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 12:18 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

We were allied with Saudi Arabia when Iran was our friend too. Ever since the Saudis made Nixon come to them hat in hand.

Ironically, OAPEC, with Saudi Arabia and other ME countries in control, punished the US for its military aid to Israel. Today, Saudi Arabia and Israel are now convenient acquaintances, and other ME countries are establishing diplomatic ties with Israel to counter Iran and Turkey.
0 Replies

revelette3

Thu 4 Mar, 2021 07:43 am
House passes sweeping elections and police reform bills
BillW

Thu 4 Mar, 2021 02:24 pm
@revelette3,
Fingers crossed........
hightor

Thu 4 Mar, 2021 02:32 pm
@BillW,
They'll need ten Republicans — or maybe more if Manchin or some other Democrat defects.
BillW

Thu 4 Mar, 2021 03:10 pm
@hightor,
Dems take over Senate soon when GA's new Senators are sworn in. McConnell has said he would not filibuster for the near future (yeah, right). When the Senate changes hands, it is a time for the new party to pass Senate rules. McConnell with his comment about not filibustering is an attempt to get the Dems to not kill the filibuster in the new Senate.

I have always been for the filibuster, just not in McConnell's hands😖😜
0 Replies

CaptainNintendo

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 03:13 am
Wow, I bet the author of this post looks like a dummy now.

13 dead servicemen in Afghanistan. Murdered as a direct result of Biden's incompetency.

Billions of dollars of taxpayer funded military equipment just handed to the Taliban.

God knows how many Americans left for dead in Afghanistan, abandoned by Biden.

Great case for Biden here.
Frank Apisa

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 03:36 am
@CaptainNintendo,
CaptainNintendo wrote:

Wow, I bet the author of this post looks like a dummy now.

13 dead servicemen in Afghanistan. Murdered as a direct result of Biden's incompetency.

Billions of dollars of taxpayer funded military equipment just handed to the Taliban.

God knows how many Americans left for dead in Afghanistan, abandoned by Biden.

Great case for Biden here.

ON HIS WORST DAY IN OFFICE, JOE BIDEN IS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE, A MUCH, MUCH BETTER PRESIDENT THAN THE GUY HE REPLACED WAS ON HIS BEST DAY IN OFFICE.

Joe Biden is more intelligent, has more class...and has more regard for the welfare of America than the former guy ever could muster.

The entire of the Afghanistan fiasco falls directly on the Republican Party.

AND JOE BIDEN FINALLY GOT US OUT OF THERE.
Builder

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 03:36 am
@CaptainNintendo,
Their plan is to turn the Taliban into allies, in the fight against IS, which means the US will again be funding both sides of the same conflict.

See how messy it gets, when your economy is dictated by the military industrial complex, and all of congress are shareholders and cheerleaders for the same?
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 03:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Joe Biden is more intelligent, has more class...and has more regard for the welfare of America than the former guy ever could muster.

He's a paedophile, with a crack addict child molesting son, and needs a cue card to remember the names of his secret service handlers. He's been a career fraud, including lying on his bar exam, which he had to pay to take a second time due to plagiarism. He's clearly compromised by both China's admin, and the Ukraine's admin, and owes a debt of honor to his former SoS Clinton, who also deserves a prison sentence, along with Obama.

Not sure what universe you exist in, Frank, but reality certainly has eluded you.
MontereyJack

Mon 6 Sep, 2021 08:36 am
@Builder,
more consp[iracy theory nonsense. Have you reallly posted David Ickes fantasy horseshit, as you've been charged? it's so in character with all your posts.
Builder

Sun 10 Oct, 2021 09:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
You can join hissy the fit on that one. I asked him for links proving his claims, and just like you, there's nothing to back it up. Go back to sleep, hippy.
MontereyJack

Sun 10 Oct, 2021 10:03 pm
@Builder,
ooow, how scathing,"hippy"/ still living in in1966, aren't you?
snood

Mon 11 Oct, 2021 03:16 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

ooow, how scathing,"hippy"/ still living in in1966, aren't you?

Only in his fondest dreams. 56 would probably suit him better though. That was before the Civil Rights Movement and other **** that made it better for people other than straight white men.
0 Replies