Darren Wilson Has Resigned

maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 09:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
The procedures were a problem.

That being said, I think the grand jury made the correct decision. This case would not have won in trial. There was too much evidence including the fact that they struggled for the gun and the aggressive crime that had just been committed. He had several opportunities to surrender, even after shots had been fired, and he clearly didn't take them.

This is difficult for me because I agree with the protesters that too many young black males are being killed by police.

This is one a hell of a bad case to make that point. Facts are facts, and in this case the facts don't fit the narrative.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:09 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Private citizens aren't allowed to shoot people 12 times just because they're kicking your ass.

That is incorrect. Americans are free people who have the right to defend themselves against violent assault.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:10 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
If the legends are true and there's such a thing as Hell he hasn't even BEGUN to suffer yet.

Not necessarily. Which religion says that self defense is a sin?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:10 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
How about because he murdered someone and got away with it.

Self defense isn't murder.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:11 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
The grand jury process did not follow proper procedures,

Nonsense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 01:11 am
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
We're talking about God eternally damning him to Hell. God sees all the evidence -- even stuff we're unaware of.

Indeed.

I deem it unlikely that God shares the Left's hatred of Freedom and Self Defense. I guess anything's possible though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:10 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
That murdering **** hasn't suffered at all..

Self defense isn't murder.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:12 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Here's the truth. No one needs to shoot someone 12 times.

There is nothing truthful about that claim. Standard procedure is to empty your clip into the target unless they drop. That is why three cops with 15 round magazines sometimes shoot someone more than 40 times.

Here's the truth. Michael Brown may have put himself in a situation to be shot, maybe even to die from his wounds, but not 12 times

There is nothing truthful about that claim either. Half of the shots were misses, which did nothing to end the attack. Four of the hits were mere grazes that also did nothing to stop the attack. Of the two hits that were not mere grazes, only the very last shot was enough to stop the attack. Once the attack was ended, the shooting stopped.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 02:15 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Did you see the outcry over the new Star Wars trailer? The storm trooper shown with his helmet off is black. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/02/black-stormtrooper-star-wars_n_6257960.html
(I don't know that this belongs here but I didn't want to start a new thread for it.)

Meh.

That light saber is a problem though.

And Han shot first.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 06:28 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The procedures were a problem.

That being said, I think the grand jury made the correct decision. This case would not have won in trial. There was too much evidence including the fact that they struggled for the gun and the aggressive crime that had just been committed. He had several opportunities to surrender, even after shots had been fired, and he clearly didn't take them.

This is difficult for me because I agree with the protesters that too many young black males are being killed by police.

This is one a hell of a bad case to make that point. Facts are facts, and in this case the facts don't fit the narrative.

Max...how can you possibly come to the conclusion that "he clearly didn't take (opportunities to surrender)?"

Conflicting testimony indicates that he may very well HAVE attempted to do so, some saying he actually raised his hands in the universal sign of surrender. It is FAR from clear that he didn't.

For the record, in the New York case of Eric Garner...in video of the incident, Garner CLEARLY raises his hands in surrender before being being taken down and suffocated in a choke hold that department regulations forbid.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 07:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am referring to the struggle in the cop car which happened before the shooting.

I have listened to quite a bit about the evidence available (both testimony and the actual facts). It seems to me, based on what I have heard, that the grand jury made the right decision in the Michael Brown case. The Eric Garner case is completely different.

As I have said, I agree with the overall protest about the police excessive use of force toward African-American men. I just think that Michael Brown is not a good person to use as a symbol of this message.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:09 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am referring to the struggle in the cop car which happened before the shooting.

I have listened to quite a bit about the evidence available (both testimony and the actual facts). It seems to me, based on what I have heard, that the grand jury made the right decision in the Michael Brown case. The Eric Garner case is completely different.

As I have said, I agree with the overall protest about the police excessive use of force toward African-American men. I just think that Michael Brown is not a good person to use as a symbol of this message.

I think the Grand Jury in the Wilson case probably made the only decision it could have made.

I would much have preferred that the case go to a jury...but my guess is that a jury would not have convicted in any case. Simply not enough evidence for a conviction. (I am not saying Wilson is innocent, and I don't think the Grand Jury did either, just that the evidence is ambiguous and insufficient.)

The struggle "in the car" may have been as much the fault of Wilson as Brown. If Wilson did grab at Brown...Brown may have pushed off...and if Brown saw Wilson grabbing for his gun...he may have (VERY FOOLISHLY) tried to grab at his hand.

We will never know the full story of what went on during he initial confrontation at the car...BUT Brown should have not escalated things...no matter what. He could have, at that point (and as you said) surrendered in a way that could not be misinterpreted.

Bottom line, though, if a police officer cannot handle a situation like this any better than Wilson did in this situation...he should not be a police officer.

If I misunderstood what you meant by "...he clearly didn't take (opportunities to surrender)"...I apologize.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:12 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

And Han shot first.

AMEN!
engineer

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
For the record, in the New York case of Eric Garner...in video of the incident, Garner CLEARLY raises his hands in surrender before being being taken down and suffocated in a choke hold that department regulations forbid.

And repeatedly says "I can't breath!" I just can't see how this doesn't go to trial. It seems pretty clear unlike the Brown case.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 08:18 am
@engineer,
I think the Eric Garner case should go to trial. That video is horrible to watch.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 09:18 am
@maxdancona,
No cop in this new america will ever go to trial for any of this **** again.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 09:19 am
Some real shitty cops so you have some to compare with...

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 09:44 am
@McGentrix,
shitty cops no doubt but I do make note that no one died, so my takeaway is that they're shitty cops but not as shitty as the cops who kill people unnecessarily or the folks that support them.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 09:58 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
Darren Wilson came to Ferguson after being fired from the Jennings Mo. police force for exactly the same shitty reasons after THAT entire police force was dissolved.

Well there goes your credibility for this entire post...another dumb ass heard from. Wilson wasn't fired from Jennings...the department was disbanded. He had a perfect record. But we know that facts aren't important to dumb asses.
giujohn

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 10:01 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
How about because he murdered someone and got away with it.

Murder?? Where did you get your law degree you simpleton? Another dumb ass heard from.
0 Replies