Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 12:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Not sarcastic at all.

An honest observation.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:00 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Of course not, but that is not what Kid is referring to. It's so common there is probably an Internet rule about it, but when a woman posts something about misogynistic abuse on the Internet, she will be met with a hailstorm of misogynistic abuse. The comments section will be filled with posts about her appearance and sexuality, rape threats and death threats. Does that come from all men? Of course not, just a small minority focused on silencing women who dare to speak out. Gamergate is the most recent case study

In this case that was clearly false. She posted and she had zero misogynistic abuse. The reality did not match the narrative. It was factually incorrect.

The fact that people went ahead and claimed there was misogynistic abuse where none existed, in effect inventing abuse to match the narrative, is exactly my point.

It is not a good thing when a narrative overrides the truth. If SubliminalKid can admit that in fact she hasn't faced any misogynistic abuse on this thread, it would go a long way toward making your point, Engineer. I somehow doubt that will happen.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Well thank you then, ehBeth, for your gracious and honest observation. Your effort to combat sexual stereotypes while engendering civil and respectful dialog is to be commended as an example of the highest level of human decency.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:08 pm
@engineer,
And that's your problem Engineer.

The terminology is broken and insipid.

If anyone actually cared about women being raped, instead of caring just for the fact they are "fighting for a cause", they would stop using terms and stop pretending there is a thousand different angles to rape - there isn't. It's just "rape" - smacking a woman on the ass is NOT "rape", but evidently a lot of people STILL DON'T GET THE PICTURE and slapping the term "feminism" onto a discussion that has to do rape doesn't automatically give the spotlight to a bunch of insane lunatics that DON'T THINK OR REASON. ******* LUNATICS - PERIOD.

That's the PROBLEM. We have IDEAS, but we can't WORK WITH THE IDEAS, because we have a GOAL STOPPER which is TERMINOLOGY. Terminology is IMPORTANT, but when it FORCES you to go down the SAME HALL WAY, over and over, without exploring the REST OF THE BUILDING, that's when it TAKES AWAY THE ENTIRE POINT OF DISCUSSING. So when the term "feminist", much like "sexist", "racist" are thrown onto ANYTHING, you don't ******* touch it - the people will come down on you like an angry pack of mosquitoes that are out for blood - WHY? Because this society is built on people PRETENDING TO BE OKAY, and when they see those words, it triggers their EMOTIONS in a way there no longer is REASON LEFT. Our government and politicians know this - they always knew this. Our ******* NEWS MEDIA KNOWS THIS. Why do you think they always put us against other genders, other cultures other people? BECAUSE HATE, FEAR, EMOTION AND DELUSION IS THE GOD OF THIS COMMUNITY. So the next time I hear the word "feminist", **** YOU, I don't care about labels - I care about the IDEAS BEHIND THE LABELS. Who cares if its "feminist" or not - AN IDEA IS AN IDEA. THE HELL WITH YOUR ONE AND ONLY HALLWAY. This is why politics is A GAME - nobody CARES IF ITS A GOOD IDEA OR A BAD IDEA; THEY CARE IF IT'S A DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN IDEA. THIS IS WHY OUR SPECIES IS ******* STUPID AND NEEDS TO WAKE THE **** UP. I'm so sick of seeing people get worked up OVER LABELS, NOT IDEAS - NOT THE DETAILS. DETAILS >>>>>>>>>>>>>> LABELS.

The hell with you nut cases. To me, it's a discussion about serious issues of women being raped - "feminist" MEANS NOTHING, just like "sexist", "racist" and "democrat/republican". I like the part where we don't discuss about other rape, like animals, children and men. What? YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT EXISTED BECAUSE YOUR HEADS WERE SO FAR UP YOUR ASSHOLES? THESE ARE PEOPLE'S LIVES. THIS IS NOT SPORTS. STOP TREATING PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE ALWAYS ANTAGONISTS AND PROTAGONISTS - GET YOUR ******* HEAD INTO REALITY SO WE CAN CONQUER THE ACTUAL PREMISE.

VOTE ME DOWN AND PROVE TO EVERYONE WHO THE REAL COWARDS ARE - THE PEOPLE WHO ARE "FOR" THE FEMINISTS. YOU ARE THE EVIDENCE ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THAT "FEMINISTS" ARE BUILT ON GANG MENTALITY - NOT BRAIN MENTALITY! UNLIKE YOU IDEOLOGUES, I CARE ABOUT MY PEOPLE AND THE DETAILS - I DON'T GET HUNG UP ON LABELS BECAUSE I'M NOT A ******* BRAINLESS VAT OF EMOTION AND IGNORANCE! HENCE WHY I CAN SEE THE BULLSHIT GAMES IN POLITICS FROM MILES AWAY WHILE YOUR "FEMINIST" GROUP IS DOING THE SAME THING AS OUR DO-NOTHING POLITICAL SHOW!
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:26 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

It's just "rape" - smacking a woman on the ass is NOT "rape"

It's sexual assault.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:31 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
That word is JUST AS BAD.

Why can't we just say WORD BY WORD "he smacked me on the ass".

Instead of say "he sexually assaulted me".

DON'T YOU GET IT? OR DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU?

THE WORDS ARE HORRENDOUS! USE BETTER WORDS FOR ****'S SAKE.

WHEN YOU SAY "he smacked me on the ass inappropiately", EVERYONE GETS IT - when you say "he sexually assaulted me", THEN SOME PEOPLE WILL ASSUME X, OTHERS WILL ASSUME Y AND SOME OTHERS WILL ASSUME Z. THIS IS WHY THIS SPECIES IS ******* STUPID - THEY CAN'T EVEN COMMUNICATE!
Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Well Setanta, in this case feminism is about censorship (not rape).

The term "Rape Culture" is used to censor certain behavior and artistic expression that usually have nothing to do with rape.

The censorship is the issue.

Please explain how your ideas are being censored. It's just incredible to me that people come here and shout out their opinions, and then whine about censorship. You are saying what you want to say.

I've made these three points so often that it's tedious now: first, this is a private venue, so if the owners want to censor you, they are not infringing your rights of free speech, because you only have those rights in public. Second, this site has just about the most liberal policy on self-expression that i've seen anywhere, and the evidence is that you keep posting your opinion without interference. Finally, free speech doesn't mean that anyone has to listen to you or take you seriously--being dismissed as a nut job does not constitute censorship.
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:53 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
That doesn't stop it being sexual assault.
Setanta

I would also like to point out that it's Max who is ranting about rape culture--i haven't seen the author refer to that concept.
0 Replies

Germlat

@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
Well Setanta, in this case feminism is about censorship (not rape).

The term "Rape Culture" is used to censor certain behavior and artistic expression that usually have nothing to do with rape.

The censorship is the issue.

Please explain how your ideas are being censored. It's just incredible to me that people come here and shout out their opinions, and then whine about censorship. You are saying what you want to say.

I've made these three points so often that it's tedious now: first, this is a private venue, so if the owners want to censor you, they are not infringing your rights of
free speech, because you only have those rights in public. Second, this site has just about the most liberal policy on self-expression that i've seen anywhere, and the evidence is that you keep posting your opinion without interference. Finally, free speech doesn't mean that anyone has to listen to you or take you seriously--being dismissed as a nut job does not constitute censorship.

Yore right about this.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:54 pm
@Setanta,
DO YOU SEE THESE DOWN VOTES?

OKAY. GOOD.

DO YOU SEE THE ARGUMENTS TO SUPPORT THOSE DOWN VOTES?

NO? THEN SHUT THE **** UP AND QUIT LYING OUT OF YOUR ASS. I SUMMED UP THE THE ISSUE HERE ALREADY: PEOPLE ARE USING THE WRONG WORDS PURPOSELY TO GET AN EMOTIONAL RISE OUT OF PEOPLE - PEOPLE BEING STUPID AS THEY ARE BITE THE BAIT. THEN SUDDENLY, IT'S NO LONGER ABOUT WOMEN BEING RAPED - IT'S PEOPLE BASHING OTHER PEOPLE'S THOUGHTS ON WOMEN BEING RAPED WHEN THEY ARE AGAINST "LABELS" - BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BRAIN AND WANT "DETAILS" - SOMETHING POLITICIANS AND PEOPLE DON'T ******* COMPREHEND.

"I'm not a feminist, but women being raped is wrong!" THEY DON'T CARE THAT YOU SAID WOMEN BEING RAPED IS WRONG - THEY CARE MORE ABOUT YOU NOT JOINING THEIR SICK **** FEST. IT'S A CULT - IT WAS ALWAYS A CULT - PEOPLE ARE ******* DERANGED AND INSANE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE PEOPLE BELIEVE IN PROPAGANDA OVER THEIR OWN ******* PEOPLE!
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:00 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Yes welcome to our feminist cult.

We're going to teach you the scary cultist propaganda such as feeling happy with your body, realising your self worth and how to get out of abusive relationships.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:00 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Words don't HAVE MEANING.

Words are ASCRIBED WITH MEANING.

When you use a word that HAS MORE THAN ONE MEANING.

THAT MAKES YOU COLLOQUIALLY IRRESPONSIBLE.

When you see a man say "stop playing word games and just say what really happened word by word: the woman was smacked on the ass inappropriately". THAT'S WHEN YOU SAY "THANK YOU FOR BEING SPECIFIC". When you see a man that uses ambiguous terms like "sexual assault" - a word that is used as a synonym for "rape" - THAT JUST MAKES YOU DISINGENUOUS!
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:03 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
It's touching someone sexually without their consent which is sexual assault, and completely wrong.
Germlat

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:05 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
TheSubliminalKid wrote:

It's touching someone sexually without their consent which is sexual assault, and completely wrong.

That's the point right....yet so many people find it hard to draw the line.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:06 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
YOU ARE ******* INSANE.

The word has MULTIPLE MEANINGS.

These people are people's LIVES. NOBODY WANTS TO BE PUBLICALLY SCORNED OVER MISCOMMUNICATION. THAT'S WHY YOU SAY IT WORD BY WORD IN ******* DETAIL. INSTEAD OF USING AMBIGUOUS TERMS LIKE "SEXUAL ASSAULT", WHICH AGAIN IS OFTEN COMPARED TO "RAPE" - DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT DESTRUCTION YOU ARE CAUSING THIS COMMUNITY BY NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE WITH YOUR CHOICE OF WORDS? DO YOU!? NO! AND THAT'S WHY YOUR ARGUMENT IS A ******* CIRCLE JERK WHILE MY ARGUMENT IS TRUE, PASSIONATE AND STRAIGHT TO THE BONE OF THIS CROSS-BONED SOCIETY THAT IS FILLED WITH POISONOUS DISEASES LIKE YOU WHO FILL THIS COMMUNITY WITH IGNORANCE AND HATE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T ******* SPEND FIVE SECONDS TO THINK OF A BETTER WAY TO DESCRIBE THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF AN EVENT.

0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:09 pm
@Germlat,
No means no...if a guy wants to take an artistic license on the meaning of NO...be my guest...but don't complain about the charges against you.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:13 pm
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAY: "the woman was smacked on the ass inappropriately".

WHY IS THAT SO ******* HARD FOR YOU? IS IT BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU'RE WRONG? BUT INSTEAD OF OWNING UP, YOU DIG YOUR HOLE DEEPER BECAUSE IT'S EASIER TO RUN AWAY THAN TO TAKE THE PRESSURE YOU CREATED YOURSELF!?

YOU HAVE NO REASON TO SAY: "sexual assault", unless you are a heartless, MINDLESS, PROPAGANDIZED SHEEP THAT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING EXCEPT THEIR ACCEPTED IDEOLOGY, WHICH IS THE PROPAGANDA THAT TAUGHT YOU HOW TO ABUSE THE TERM "sexual assault" LIKE YOU WERE SOMEHOW AUTOMATICALLY WINNING WITH SUCH A LOADED TERM! NOTHING BUT DISEASED PARROTS!

YOU KEEP DOWN VOTING ME BECAUSE YOU KNOW THIS IS THE TRUTH - YOU KNOW THAT YOU'RE ALL SOCIOPATHS THAT CHOSE LIES OVER LIFE AND PROPAGANDA OVER PEOPLE.

YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF FILTH!
carloslebaron

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:22 pm
Women fought for their right to vote.

For what?

They don't even care at all about what the candidates stand for.

Women just vote for the handsome one.

Lol.
Germlat

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:25 pm
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:

Women fought for their right to vote.

For what?

They don't even care at all about what the candidates stand for.

Women just vote for the handsome one.

Lol.

Post your photo and I'll tell you if I agree...LOL
0 Replies