parados

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 11:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

DAVID wrote:
Personal liberty and the jurisdiction of government
are INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL.
parados wrote:
So you are going to argue that you would be completely free if there was no government?
YES, tho not free of gravity nor of baldness,
but free to do what u want, subject of course
to the defenses of your nabors.

You wouldn't be free to own, occupy, or sell your own property.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 12:16 pm
@parados,
Y not ?
parados

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 12:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If you owned land and there was no government then when you left your land I could occupy it and sell it to anyone that comes along before you get back. What recourse would you have other than to never leave your land?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 12:52 pm
@parados,
but, but, but, in Israel......
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:30 pm
@parados,
I guess u r not referring
to remote controlled land mines strategically deployed on the lot, right ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 02:32 pm

When Guns Shud Be Carried In The African-American community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9bIMsGKxy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMprXfb1gYU
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:03 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm curious how and where you bought those land mines if you didn't leave your property.
giujohn

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:11 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

Said the hard hearted ultra conservative prick.

Yes, but because I am a conservative my prick is much bigger Razz
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:14 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

The militia (i.e., the armed citizenry)

Let's see them take on a bunch of well paid highly trained mercenaries armed with the very latest in military hardware. What's to stop these multinationals nuking the militia? Those who don't see sense and join the mercenaries that is.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Note, incidentally, that I do not advocate ending the US Army.

So you don't want weak government after all, you want a very powerful government with the best military capacity in the modern World. You'll have to pay for that, so you need the IRS after all.
giujohn

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:24 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Without an agency tasked with collecting taxes and enforcing the tax code others wouldn't be paying their taxes which would put a larger burden on you.

You dont need the bloated over reaching agency that is the IRS, used by poilticians to screw with political enemies as Obammy has done. An agency where YOU must PROVE your innocense intstead of the reverse as is stated in the Constituion. An agency that gives it's employees bonuses to screw with you.

You should be able to fill out a 3x5 card and send your taxes in using simple math. There is no need for the IRS and it boggles the mind that you defend them.

IRS CODE 1913...400 pages
IRS CODE 2014...74000 pages
Nuff said.
Miller

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 03:36 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

You should be able to fill out a 3x5 card and send your taxes in using simple math. There is no need for the IRS and it boggles the mind that you defend them.

IRS CODE 2014...74000 pages

How many individuals, working for the US were involved in writing the 74000 pages of CODE 2014?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:14 pm
@izzythepush,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Note, incidentally, that I do not advocate ending the US Army.
izzythepush wrote:
So you don't want weak government after all,
you want a very powerful government with the best military capacity
in the modern World. You'll have to pay for that, so you need the IRS after all.
Let 's refine our concepts here, a little more.
Within the continental boundaries of the USA,
I want government's jurisdiction to be progressively curtailed & diminished,
but I want the Supremacy of American Armed Forces to continue
for defensive purposes. (Note that I have no objection to withdrawal
of American troops from England.)

If I coud, then I woud, repeal the 16th Amendment,
replacing it with provisions that all funding for all governments
in America shall be drawn from sales taxes (and importation tariffs),
with a maximum cap that no man shall be held to pay over $1OO,OOO
in total taxes. Government services to any of us r likely to be worth less than that.
That shud be revenue neutral; i.e., yielding the same amount of revenue.
parados

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:16 pm
@giujohn,
Congress writes US Code. The IRS only enforces it. If the IRS didn't exist another agency would be in place to enforce US tax code and any such agency would have the same powers the IRS currently has.

We go back to the issue of the IRS provides a service for you because it collects taxes from everyone and enforces that others pay taxes. That means you aren't the only one paying taxes so the IRS provides a service for you.

Do you deny that you receive a service when the IRS makes others besides you pay taxes?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Right. Than the army who would be owned by big business could force the citizens [the mitilia] to work as slaves for the rich like they did in medieval Europe only than they called the very rich royalty and called the enslaved citizens serfs.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
So you want to punish people for being poor. Don't you think poverty is punishment enough?
giujohn

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:13 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Congress writes US Code. The IRS only enforces it.

If you think Congress writes the rules you are living in a fools paradise. I'm amazed at how little people know about their government.

The IRS provides no service that couldnt be done by your local county sherrif's office or the U.S. Marshals Service. You dont send in your taxes and your 3x5 card you get a notice to appear in federal court. You dont appear, a warrant is issued for your arrest. Everyone pays 10% income tax..no loop holes, no lawyers, no 74000 pages of rules. Make gambleing legal in all 50 states and tax it. DONE & DONE.

It aint rocket surgery.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:27 pm
@giujohn,
Did you just say the congress doesn't? Well, first let me ask, "what about the lobbyists?".

Do you know why we have so many stupid laws in the book? It's because there's a monetary incentive to make laws, instead of people thinking up constructive laws, they write down stupid ones, get it passed, to line their pockets.
giujohn

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:55 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
What most people do not know is that Congress doesnt make all the rules. By law cabinet appointees such as the Secretary of the Treasury and even heads of agencies like the ATF can write rules and policy that have the weight of law that can put you in jail for their violation.

As I have said before...this is not a democracy we dont directly vote on everything, it is a representative republic. We elect officials who then craft laws that allow others to write the rules. Now dont you think that if I wanted to keep my department/agency getting that fat funding and me my bonuses I would write laws that would be beneficial to that end?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 07:15 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Congress writes US Code. The IRS only enforces it.

If you think Congress writes the rules you are living in a fools paradise. I'm amazed at how little people know about their government.

The IRS provides no service that couldnt be done by your local county sherrif's office or the U.S. Marshals Service. You dont send in your taxes and your 3x5 card you get a notice to appear in federal court. You dont appear, a warrant is issued for your arrest. Everyone pays 10% income tax..no loop holes, no lawyers, no 74000 pages of rules. Make gambleing legal in all 50 states and tax it. DONE & DONE.

It aint rocket surgery.

Yeah...guys like you and David have real simple answers for a very complex problem.

So very simple.