Fergusonj shooting, autopsy in, all shots from front

Thomas

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:05 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
I think I will wait for all the facts and will disreguard his companion.

Fine with me. Ignoring the companion leaves two other witnesses, who had no dog in the fight and no reason to coordinate their testimonies. I don't see how that's not enough for an indightment.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:08 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I think I will wait for all the facts and will disreguard his companion. He has every reason to lie. Revenge, covering his ass, perhaps he feels that if he can nail the cop they'll forget his part in the strong arm attempt?

Most of the people commenting to the media so far...probably have reason to slant the truth.

Best to wait until testimony is given under oath.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Was the cop, fearing for his life, just firing continuously at this kid?

Almost certainly, as that is proper shooting technique.

I would guess that an entire clip was emptied. Likely 6 hits and 9 misses.

farmerman wrote:
Did the cop have a taser, MACE, or a night stick in his ute ?.

The Rodney King case makes it unreasonable to expect a police officer to use a nightstick instead of a gun.

farmerman wrote:
Was the kid attacking the cop to draw such fire?

So it is claimed.

farmerman wrote:
Do we have any compelling information or a witness that backs this up?

I suspect that there will not be compelling evidence either way.

farmerman wrote:
See, my problem is that (despite what the gun folks seem to be leaning toward), I cannot see ANY reason for such a use of deadly force in such a manner without evidence that the kid had an equally badass weapon and was brandishing it.

There is no requirement that an aggressor possess a weapon before you are allowed to defend yourself against their aggression.

farmerman wrote:
This was a BIIIIG kid who, as Im hearing, was menacingly coming at the cop but was unarmed, and so the cop, fearing for his own safety, drew down on the kid and just began pumping lead at him.

I believe the claim is that the big kid assaulted the cop and tried to seize his weapon.

farmerman wrote:
Im not calling for the disarmament of cops but I think we should consider that cops have other "non-lethal" equipment as easily available to reach as are their pistols. I think that, for the vast number of times, A taser would have dropped a meth stoked Mike Tyson and probably no death would have resulted (unless Mike was A-fib positive).

What if a taser prong does not make contact and there is no current discharged? Does the cop have time to drop his taser and draw his pistol?
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
So you have already judged the case.

YUP! Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:22 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
Which eyewitness denied that Brown had his hands up when Wilson killed him? Which eyewitness corroborates the police's claim that Brown was charging at Wilson when Wilson killed him?

The one heard on the audio background of a video tape made right after the shooting.

CNN has been playing this tape today as an example of conflicting eyewitness accounts. I think their audio was clearer than the one on this Web site.

Quote:
Previously unnoticed audio from a video recorded in the chaotic moments after Michael Brown's fatal shooting last Saturday in Ferguson, Missouri, could help back up Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson's version of events.

Overheard while one man films the gruesome aftermath of Brown's daylight shooting, the barely discernible audio is of one unseen man recounting the alleged version of events that he saw to another man, off camera, while bystanders scream and shout at police to assist the stricken 18-year-old.

At around the six minute and 30 second mark in the 10 minute long video, one man is just heard over raucous shouting asking another how Brown ended up at least 30-feet away from the police squad car that presumably was being driven by Wilson.

The first man explains to the second man that Brown was there because he had previously been near the police car and run, which contradicts what the teens friend, Dorian Johnson, has told police and in interviews.

Johnson has said that Brown was never inside or near Officer Wilson's police car before the shooting.

Johnson alleges that Wilson exited his car and struck 6ft 4inch Brown as he was trying to open the door, setting off the calamitous series of events that ended with Brown running from a shooting Wilson, before turning with his hands raised in surrender before being gunned down.

The audio heard in the video gives a different version of events.

The alleged witness tells the man that Brown apparently had a confrontation with Wilson near to or in his vehicle and ran away.

'Then the next thing I know he doubled back towards him cus (sic) the police had his gun drawn already on him,' according to blog, Conservative Tree House.

The witness then contradicts the now crucial narrative of the how the tragic events unfolded last Saturday.

Instead of Brown being fired on while his hands were raised in surrender, the witness claims that Brown was moving towards the officer when he was shot..

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2727321/Conversation-recorded-bystander-just-moments-Michael-Brown-shooting-casts-doubt-claims-teen-surrendered-Officer-Darren-Wilson.html#ixzz3BFLbpH5T

I'm simply less impressed with the eyewitness accounts than you are, particularly because these were given in TV interviews, rather than in formal depositions, or in situations where they would be subject to cross-examination, and because of discrepancies between them, and because they were given publicly and could influence each other's accounts.

I also feel that eyewitnesses, particularly black eyewitnesses, who might have felt the officer was justified in shooting, based on their observations, would be highly unlikely to go on TV and say that, because they might fear reprisals, and being seen as siding with the enemy, given the racial tensions, and anti-police feeling, and volatility surrounding this shooting. I think there would be enormous pressure not to say anything that either incriminates Brown or supports Wilson, certainly publicly on TV.

And we haven't heard the officer's account at all yet. Nor have we heard any forensic evidence beyond partial autopsy results.

I have no opinion yet on whether this shooting was justified or not.

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:44 pm
Prediction: It will be established that the officer did not violate any rule, law, or protocol, and acted in a professional manner. It will be established that Brown was the aggressor and tried to get the offices gun. Further it will be established that the injured officer use of deadly force was justified by law and a reasonable man standard. And unfortunately the officer will in all probability leave the department and quite possibly the profession.

Lost: One street thug
One good cop
coldjoint

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:59 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
One good cop

Who do you think is going to believe that cop after all of this? His treatment is shameful in a country where innocence is presumed. It works for Obama after countless scandals.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:10 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
We do, however, have eyewitnesses who observed officer Wilson's actions.
Have u reached a credibility assessment, Tom ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:13 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Prediction: It will be established that the officer did not violate any rule, law, or protocol, and acted in a professional manner. It will be established that Brown was the aggressor and tried to get the offices gun. Further it will be established that the injured officer use of deadly force was justified by law and a reasonable man standard. And unfortunately the officer will in all probability leave the department and quite possibly the profession.

One good cop
Let 's wait n see.
I 'm an optimist by nature.

David
giujohn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Optimistic? To what end?
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:54 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
His treatment is shameful in a country where innocence is presumed
So, by your worldview the dead person is ALWAYS presumed to be the guilty one eh?

Apparently you don't listen to yourself as you crap out your fact-free opinions
giujohn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 04:15 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
So, by your worldview the dead person is ALWAYS presumed to be the guilty one eh?

No not ALWAYS...but definately in this case. And to say that the officer is not being presumed innocent is NOT fact-free I'm afraid.
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 04:48 pm
@giujohn,
well, apparently theres no arguing with "logic and forensics" that you've got eh? Your name Merlin or something?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 05:26 pm
@farmerman,
Try these thought experiments, farmer:

1. Imagine that:
U r a 6' 4" robber who just ruffed up your last victim
when u robbed him of his cigars. What r the chances that,
as u leave the scene of your last robbery, u will also ruff up someone else?????

2. Imagine that:
U r a police officer with several years of an un-blemished record of service behind u.
What r the chances that one day u will abruptly decide to start killing blacks, with no provocation,
in front of everyone after u get an un-related, co-incidental fx eye socket within a few minutes
of a robber (that we SAW assault and rob someone a few moments ago) that is charging at u ???????

I question whether it makes good sense
to judge someone of around 3OO pounds that stands 6' 4"
who has used his stature and his musculature for robbery, to be "un-armed".

Is a rattlesnake un-armed because he does not pack a gun ?

Does anyone know if Brown's blood chemistry was analyzed ?
Did his toxicology results come back yet from the coroner ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 05:29 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Optimistic? To what end?
In my opinion, the good guy will come out OK.
I disagree with your negative prognostication. We 'll see who 's right, in the end.

David
giujohn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 06:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Uh...which one is the good guy?
giujohn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 06:54 pm
@farmerman,
I know that he is guilty of 2 felonies in 15 mins. I saw him on video commit a strong arm robbery and I'm quite certain the officer didnt assault himself.
Clearly a Prima Facia case of guilt if I ever saw one.
I dont have to be a "Merlin"...been there, done that, got the T-shirt, thanks.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 07:19 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I know that he is guilty of 2 felonies in 15 mins. I saw him on video commit a strong arm robbery and I'm quite certain the officer didnt assault himself.
Clearly a Prima Facia case of guilt if I ever saw one.
I dont have to be a "Merlin"...been there, done that, got the T-shirt, thanks.

Are the tox screens back? Normally people are not this stupid, this sounds like a meth head.
giujohn

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 07:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Tox screens usually take several weeks. I would guess at the very least marijuanna...after all you all know what the cigars were for, right?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 07:29 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Tox screens usually take several weeks.
I would guess at the very least marijuanna...after all you all know
what the cigars were for, right?
Call me naive. I don t.
Maybe to cover the smell of marijuana ?