glitterbag

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:11 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm not sure why you do it, but threads go to hell in a hand cart when you show up with your one size fits all attitude.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:16 pm
@glitterbag,
where did max say he was against marriage, but for having illegitimate children?

maxdancona

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 08:07 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
No one is making a case to abolish marriage for straight people, it's just the noise you here when people start worrying about the so called "gay agenda".

Actually, I am making exactly that case. See the discussion earlier in this very thread.

I am against marriage.

You're against marriage between hetero sexuals???? What the in Hell are you thinking. Children need stable home, you freak. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I simply expressed an opinion, as is my right. This is a discussion forum. They don't work very well when everyone has the same opinion.

Then, for some reason, you started name calling and personal attacks. In my opinion this was unwarranted. If you disagree with me, you could argue your position intelligently with civility.

If this thread is going to hell, I am not the one with the hand basket.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 08:22 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Children need stable home, you freak.

1. what does marriage have to do with stable homes for children?

2. why the name-calling on this?

maxdancona and I definitely aren't in each others fan clubs, but really, was that necessary or helpful? or was it to make you feel better? (it very occasionally works that way for me)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 08:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Sidling up to agree with ehBeth. I take Max as off the wall a lot, and he, me, I presume. I'd have to look back, but I bet a nickel he has insulted someone in this thread. Maybe not (where should I send the nickel?)

In my surroundings, many people avoided marriage and the rickety structures that bind. One of my favorite couples got married for tax reasons, saying they'd stay as long as they loved each other. Nearly fifty years now - they loved each other but marriage was simply business.

Yes, it is often child protective. Also, often not.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:18 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

I don't see a switch. There is a very close link between religious pride and straight pride.

Religious pride run to the extreme has forced Yazidis civilians to flee for their lives to a mountain top. Everytime folks in this country start bleating about how their religious freedoms are being taken away, think about the Middle East and all the men beheaded as ISIS persists in it's goal of genocide. Straight pride? Are you kidding me, when did anyone worry their life was in danger because they were heterosexual? No one is making a case to abolish marriage for straight people, it's just the noise you here when people start worrying about the so called "gay agenda".
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:34 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

where did max say he was against marriage, but for having illegitimate children?

You would have to read back about 4 or 5 posts to read his statement he doesn't believe in marriage. I think when people have children it's ideal if their parents are together. Personally, if you want to have children and take time to bring new lives into the world , it's your responsibility. If you have children that you have no interest in raising, get a vasectomy, it's irresponsible for very young folks make babies and think it's a given they can move back to mom & Dad, who raised them, then cheat your parents out of their long awaited retirements, to raise your children because you think you haven't had enough fun yet.

You can find it there.
djjd62

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 04:49 am
@glitterbag,
i saw what max said about marriage, i agree, marriage is for chumps, but he said nothing about not getting married and having kids, that was a wild leap you took, for the record i think folks who have kids are chumps too, i was a kid, i know the pain they can cause parents and others, the fact that people will go through that amazes me
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 05:17 am
She was giving her take on the implications of not believing in marriage, taken to the logical conclusion. Why is that offensive?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 07:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You're against marriage between hetero sexuals???? What the in Hell are you thinking. Children need stable home, you freak. You should be ashamed of yourself.

It wasn't her "implications" that were offensive. It was her inability to express them in a civil way without name calling that was the problem.

I have no problem discussing any idea in a reasonable way. That is why we are here. But when it degrades to childish meanness. it is no longer either useful or enjoyable.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 07:52 am
Elton John and his boyfriend had a "civil union" and have got two kids from surrogate mothers.
Call me oversensitive but what kind of money-grubbing woman would rent out her womb to gay couples?
And I feel sorry for the kids growing up with two homo "daddies", the whole thing is a bit sickening and perverted, I wonder who changes the kids nappies and baths them?

Wiki- "Elton John and David Furnish were amongst the first couples in the UK to form a civil partnership. Their son, Zachary was born to a surrogate mother. A second son, Elijah was born to the couple by the same surrogate mother on 11 January 2013"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elton_John
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 08:40 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Elton John and his boyfriend had a "civil union" and have got two kids from surrogate mothers.
Call me oversensitive but what kind of money-grubbing woman would rent out her womb to gay couples?
And I feel sorry for the kids growing up with two homo "daddies", the whole thing is a bit sickening and perverted, I wonder who changes the kids nappies and baths them?

Wiki- "Elton John and David Furnish were amongst the first couples in the UK to form a civil partnership. Their son, Zachary was born to a surrogate mother. A second son, Elijah was born to the couple by the same surrogate mother on 11 January 2013"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elton_John

Well, Romeo...Elton John and his "boy friend" both were products of heterosexual marriages. Considering your feelings about them, shouldn't that give you pause when considering heterosexual marriages?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 08:50 am
Quote:
Frank "The Riddler" Apisa said: Well, Romeo...Elton John and his "boy friend" both were products of heterosexual marriages. Considering your feelings about them, shouldn't that give you pause when considering heterosexual marriages?

Nah mate, we holy men don't do "pause", we just say it how it is.
But if I knew what you were trying to say, maybe I'd be able to answer you better..Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 08:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank "The Riddler" Apisa said: Well, Romeo...Elton John and his "boy friend" both were products of heterosexual marriages. Considering your feelings about them, shouldn't that give you pause when considering heterosexual marriages?

Nah mate, we holy men don't do "pause", we just say it how it is.
But if I knew what you were trying to say, maybe I'd be able to answer you better..Wink

I am saying that Elton John and his "boyfriend" were the product of a heterosexual union.

You have lots negative to say about homosexual unions.

Since you seemed to be cringing at what Elton John and his "boy friend" were up to...and since they are the product of a heterosexual union...

...I thought you might be giving a bit more consideration to how you view heterosexual unions.

But I think you understood that all along.

Stuck for an answer?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 09:11 am
Quote:
Frank "The Riddler" said: Since you seemed to be cringing at what Elton John and his "boy friend" were up to...and since they are the product of a heterosexual union...
...I thought you might be giving a bit more consideration to how you view heterosexual unions. But I think you understood that all along.
Stuck for an answer?

We holy men don't do "stuck for answer" mate, but what's there to answer?
As a full-blooded hetero myself, I view hetero unions as perfectly normal and natural, as do all other heteros..Smile-

Jesus said:-"The Creator made them male and female and said, For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh" (Matt 19:4)
"Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love.." (Ecc 9:9)
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 09:20 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank "The Riddler" said: Since you seemed to be cringing at what Elton John and his "boy friend" were up to...and since they are the product of a heterosexual union...
...I thought you might be giving a bit more consideration to how you view heterosexual unions. But I think you understood that all along.
Stuck for an answer?

We holy men don't do "stuck for answer" mate, but what's there to answer?

Well...I think "holy men" do get "stuck for an answer" a lot more than you realize, Romeo.

But obviously you are unable to come up with anything realistic on this one...so I'll let you go. No need to watch you squirm any more.

Quote:

As a full-blooded hetero myself, I view hetero unions as perfectly normal and natural, as do all other heteros..Smile-

But if I were to want to watch you squirm a bit more, I would ask again, "Since you see heterosexual unions the way you do...and since Elton John and his "boy friend" (and all other homosexuals) are products of heterosexual unions...

...why do you have such high regard for heterosexual unions?

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 09:59 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa asked: Since you see heterosexual unions the way you do...and since Elton John and his "boy friend" (and all other homosexuals) are products of heterosexual unions...

Nope mate, you've had three tries so far but I still can't see what you're trying to say..Smile
Write this down in your sunday school exercise book then come back and have another shot at it-
"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" (Ecc 6:11)

Meanwhile all I can say is that when male/female couple have babies, there's always the risk that the kid might be a homo/lesbian, you can't blame that on the parents! They dutifully did their bit by bringing a new child into the world so it's not their fault if the kids DNA got screwed up by a quirk of nature or whatever..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 10:14 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa asked: Since you see heterosexual unions the way you do...and since Elton John and his "boy friend" (and all other homosexuals) are products of heterosexual unions...

Nope mate, you've had three tries so far but I still can't see what you're trying to say..Smile
Write this down in your sunday school exercise book then come back and have another shot at it-
"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" (Ecc 6:11)

Meanwhile all I can say is that when male/female couple have babies, there's always the risk that the kid might be a homo/lesbian, you can't blame that on the parents! They dutifully did their bit by bringing a new child into the world so it's not their fault if the kids DNA got screwed up by a quirk of nature or whatever..Smile

You do not get it because you do not want to, Romeo.

It's okay...lots of people do that when they are stumped for a response...and it provides some laughs watching it happen.

Hope you are having a good day. Wink
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 10:18 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
But these gays are not nasty, right? So, since they are proper and polite, do you think they are 'straight' with God?

Just asking for further clarification of your belief.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 10:22 am
Quote:
Frank "The Riddler" Apisa said: You do not get it because you do not want to, Romeo.

That's the fourth time you've avoided re-phrasing your question so's I can understand it mate, you trying for the Guinness Book of Records or something?
As far as I can tell, you're asking whether hetero unions are a good thing even though they might produce gay/lesbian babies?
Tell you what, let's throw it open to A2K members and see if they have better luck than me at deciphering it...Smile