neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 05:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
So decent homosexuality would be approved by God, then?
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
No -
"Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Cor 6:9-11

That verse is interesting because it doesn't say homosexuality is any worse than anything else in the list, for example in God's eyes slanderers are just as naughty as gays.
It also indicates there were ex-gays who were now members of the early Christian church..
All that is true, but then: How do you reconcile what you just said with what you posted here? http://able2know.org/topic/251140-1#post-5734271
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:11 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: [the Bible] doesn't say homosexuality is any worse than anything else in the list, for example in God's eyes slanderers are just as naughty as gays. It also indicates there were ex-gays who were now members of the early Christian church..
Neologist said: All that is true, but then: How do you reconcile what you just said with what you posted here?- "Nobody minds decent friendly nice gays; it's only the loud noisy nasty militant gays who get all gays a bad name.
Remember, God only zapped Sodom/Gomorrah because they were the loud noisy nasty militant type"

So what? Which bit do you feel I haven't explained well enough?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: The Bible is homophobic...and religion in general is also.

Look at it another way mate, God warned them not to do it because of the risk of AIDS. They ignored him and bingo!
Incidentally, Jesus never said a single word about gay/lesbians one way or the other, not a single word..Smile

That does't make any sense.

You are saying that God kills people, orders other people to kill them and then casts them into a fiery lake of eternal punishment because he doesn't want them to get AIDS (a disease which presumably he could cure).

God is really fucked up!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:24 pm
@maxdancona,
No, the AIDS warning was meant as a kind fatherly warning for the whole human race.
God wiped out S/G because it was a cesspit of depravity, a mob of gays hammered on Lot's door demanding he send out his two male guests so they could have them.
Bad call because the guests were angels in human form..Wink

Lot's family are warned to get outta town fast before the incoming strike-
1- LOT-"Don't look back!"
2- WIFE- "Stop telling me what to do!"
3- S/G gets it
4- wifey becomes collateral damage

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/lots-wife_zps9d2d6f57.jpg~original
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
I agree with tsarstepan; it's not necessary to promote heterosexuals. I do not believe there's any danger of it becoming a political issue.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:38 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Fatherly warning? People die of AIDS. You are saying God kills his children to warn them, and what good is a warning if he is going to throw them to eternal punishment anyway.

Good fathers don't kill their children. As I said, this God of yours is a real asshole.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:45 pm
Good stuff, guys. Keep going. Also, agree with engineer totally.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:48 pm
@maxdancona,
From the web-
"People living with HIV/AIDS in 2011= 34 million
AIDS deaths in 2011 = 1.7 million"
http://www.avert.org/worldwide-hiv-aids-statistics.htm

God did try to warn them..Wink

Quote:
Maxdonca said: what good is a warning if he is going to throw them to eternal punishment anyway

There are Gay Christians around, so maybe he'll cut them some slack..Smile
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 06:53 pm
I saw this on a friend's page, and I couldn't let it go. I approached it in a "look at it this way" attempt to explain why it's inappropriate. Of course it's homophobic, but I think it comes more from ignorance than malevolence.

There is no need to stand in the street and say "I'm heterosexual." Most everyone is - and heterosexuals haven't been chased down dark alleys and beaten, ostracized due to their dirty heterosexuality, condemned to hell in pulpits, refused the right to marry, adopt children,....and so on.

To try to put these two on par is an insult to people who are risking a lot to go into the street and say, basically, I have a right to exist. I'm proud of who I am. I get angry when I see this **** on facebook, but I calm down and speak patiently to my dumb ass friends, trying to help them understand the difference in "straight pride" and gay pride.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:00 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Look at it another way mate, God warned them not to do it because of the risk of AIDS. They ignored him and bingo!
Incidentally, Jesus never said a single word about gay/lesbians one way or the other, not a single word..Smile

AIDS first appeared in 1981
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: The Bible is homophobic...and religion in general is also.

You have played too close to the edge, Romeo...and apparently have fallen off.

Quote:

Correct. Ya gotta wonder why the guy didn't say that the god he worshiped screwed up on that account.

But like you say...he said not one word!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:09 pm
Quote:
Roger said: AIDS first appeared in 1981

Yes, before then it'd been lying almost dormant for thousands of years.
But when the 'Gay Pride' thing began to take off in the "liberated" 1960's, AIDS exploded onto the scene bigtime, the timeline confirms it-

First Gay Pride march NYC - 1969
First AIDS cases after incubation period- 1981
roger

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Un huh
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:16 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: Incidentally, Jesus never said a single word about gay/lesbians one way or the other, not a single word..
Frank Apisa said: Correct. Ya gotta wonder why the guy didn't say that the god he worshiped screwed up on that account.
But like you say...he said not one word!

I'm not sure what you're trying to say mate, are you rehearsing for a part in the next Batman movie as The Riddler?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

Apollo 11 Moon landing - 1969
First AIDS cases after incubation period- 1981

I wonder what God had against the moon landing?

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:35 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
[the Bible] doesn't say homosexuality is any worse than anything else in the list, for example in God's eyes slanderers are just as naughty as gays. It also indicates there were ex-gays who were now members of the early Christian church.
neologist wrote:
All that is true, but then: How do you reconcile what you just said with what you posted here?-
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
"Nobody minds decent friendly nice gays; it's only the loud noisy nasty militant gays who get all gays a bad name.
Remember, God only zapped Sodom/Gomorrah because they were the loud noisy nasty militant type"
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
So what? Which bit do you feel I haven't explained well enough?
The difference.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:36 pm
Incidentally gays are trying to blame Bonobo monkeys for starting AIDS but I don't buy that at all unless Bonobos hang out in gay bars..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:38 pm
Quote:
Romeo asked: So what? Which bit do you feel I haven't explained well enough?
Neologist replied: The difference.

Aha, another Riddler! Sorry mate you'll have to stand in line behind Frank Apisa to audition for the part..Smile
neologist

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:46 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You must still be reeling from the last salvo if you are unable to discern the impossibility of reconciling your 2 statements. The scirptures don't exonerate 'decent' gays. Why should you suggest otherwise?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Homophobic, for sure. It's like guys who feel threatened by color and proclaim White Pride.