maxdancona

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 08:36 pm
@neologist,
Romeo is trying to explain why God isn't an asshole (and he is failing).
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 08:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm going with homophobic. It tends to piss me off when people send me email and then ask me to send it to 10 more people stating "I'm proud to be an American, or I love Jesus, or cocker spaniels are the best ever". I love my country, my beliefs are personal, cocker spaniels are a ton of fun, but holy **** folks, do we have to announce our entire belief system to everyone we meet, and constantly remind others of it. How come we never see emails stating "Oxygen is good for people" if you are brave enough, please pass this along to 10 people and within 48 hours you will receive a blessing.

There are so many problems we as part of a world community, should be addressing, we are wasting time on the Internet with this foolish crap. If I had received that "straight pride" post, I would have to re-evaluate my relationship with the sender. I would be terribly disappointed if someone I respected or
admired posted such a silly/ intolerant thing.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 10:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Not really

It's mostly just silly.

But then my offense radar isn't as sharp as everyone else's, or I might have thought max writing "God is really fucked up" might be considered offensive.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 09:09 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I doubt that God is offended by what I wrote. If He exists, I am sure He is smart enough to understand the point I am making (for the less than omniscient readers, I was clearly criticizing Romeo's and Neologist's concept of God rather than any real deity).

Of course He could always tell me if He is offended. I am pretty sure He knows my email address.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 09:49 am
Guys, guys, if there were nasty germs in the brook, you'd be a loving dad and tell your kids not to paddle in it.
Same with God, he knows homosexuality triggers AIDS, so like a good dad, he said "Don't do it".
But they ignored him and brought the Gay Plague on themselves.
If he HADN'T warned them he'd have been a very poor dad..Smile
Jesus spelt it out- "Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish" Matt 18:14
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 10:48 am
@maxdancona,
Also, god must surely know that you can hear well enough if he wishes to speak to you - in a loud voice (not imagined).
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 12:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/q92/s720x720/10471268_10203501914522039_8267773700483818992_n.jpg

You ever feel like an ostrich, Romeo?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 02:47 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm sure he's not max, but someone who believes very strongly in him might be, but then you consider such people fools so there's nothing wrong with offending them.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You have that backwards Finn. It is people who believe strongly in God that offend me.

Romeo says that God sent AIDS (a deadly disease) specifically to target homosexuals. If that isn't offensive, then I don't know what is.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:23 pm
Quote:
Lustig Andrei asked: You ever feel like an ostrich, Romeo?

Speaking of sand mate, your profile says you're a kraut so that's a 5-0 scoreline in favour of the Allies..Smile
(Utah/Omaha/Gold/Juno/Sword)
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Pls show me where my profile says I'm a "Kraut." You're even more confused than I realized.
neologist

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 03:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
It's all about that famous pineapple sauerkraut.
We get the pineapple express here in Seattle.
Thank you very much.

If that didn't make sense, I still think it's easier than understanding Romeology.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:24 pm
Quote:
Lustig Andrei said to me: Pls show me where my profile says I'm a "Kraut." You're even more confused than I realized.

Here's what you say in your profile mate-
"If you knew Merry Andrew, then you know me. Merry Andrew has been reincarnated as a Deutscher. If you didn't know Merry Andrew, just follow Lustig Andrei around"

Deutscher means a citizen of Deutschland doesn't it, as in "Deutschland Deutschland uber alles"?
Incidentally your profile also says you live in Hawaii, so congrats for conquering Hawaii and stopping the natives eating each other, they even had the cheek to eat captain Cook, bloody heathens!

"Wherever a German soldier sets his foot will become Reich territory forever!"- Adolf Hitler
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/hitl-escap.jpg~original
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:26 pm
@neologist,
Yeh, the pineapple sauerkraut. I think they call it kim-chee around here. Does that make me Korean?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'll try to explain this slowly and carefully to you, Romeo.

Having a Germanic code-name does not, ipso facto make one a German. When I realized I had to change my Merry Andrew monicker I could as well have chosen Joyeux Andre. It just happens that I'm marginally more fluent in German than in French, so I chose that. I should have chosen Jautrais Andrejs. That's in my own native first language. But I figured nobody would be able to pronounce it and, as a result, might resent it. I try to please.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:35 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

I'll try to explain this slowly and carefully to you, Romeo.

Having a Germanic code-name does not, ipso facto make one a German. When I realized I had to change my Merry Andrew monicker I could as well have chosen Joyeux Andre. It just happens that I'm marginally more fluent in German than in French, so I chose that. I should have chosen Jautrais Andrejs. That's in my own native first language. But I figured nobody would be able to pronounce it and, as a result, might resent it. I try to please.

I think you'd have to go a lot slower than that for Romeo to "get it", Andy.

He really is not that bad...he is just drawn that way.
Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:38 pm
Romeo is a hateful, racist, nazi-loving troll. My advice to you, LA, is not to feed him in future. If you don't talk to him, he loses interest and goes away.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:57 pm
Quote:
Lustig said: I'll try to explain this slowly and carefully to you, Romeo. Having a Germanic code-name does not, ipso facto make one a German..

Thanks mate, that clears that up then..Smile
PS- found this vid which you might like, dunno if it's downtown Honolulu or wherever-

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:01 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: I think you'd have to go a lot slower than that for Romeo to "get it", Andy.

I've been meaning to ask mate, 'Apisa' sounds a bit Italian to me, are you one of the Sicilian Apisas or what?

roger

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 05:01 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Eh? I thought kimchee also had it's origins in cabbage. Pineapple couldn't possible burn the hairs of the nose like real kimchee.