Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 04:47 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Well, you know the Greek word stauros does not mean cross.

I know, it means "stake", so does the Latin word "stipes", both of which refer only to the upright part of the cross.
JW's forget about the the crossbeam ("patibulum") which was lashed to the upright to form a cross-
WIKI- "The convict then usually had to carry the horizontal beam (patibulum in Latin) to the place of execution, but not necessarily the whole cross.
When it was done in an established place of execution, the vertical beam (stipes) could even be permanently embedded in the ground"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion

Incidentally once upon a time you JW's were perfectly happy to accept that Jesus was crucified on a cross, and you even had pics of crosses in your books and stuff (below) But then the JW big bosses decided to ban crosses and you all said a wimpy "okay" and went along with it like robots..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/JW-books_zps6886248d.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 05:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
What can I say, Romeo? When we realize our mistakes, we, unlike you, admit them and change.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 07:43 pm
@neologist,
We holy men don't do "mistakes" mate!
Just because a few JW bigshots decided crosses are banned didn't mean you had to slavishly agree with them!
PS- you're among friends here, so just between you and A2K, tell us why you REALLY joined the JW's, was it because a little JW sweetie whose name begins wit 'C' fluttered her eyelashes at you?..Wink
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:02 am
@Lustig Andrei,
If it was the picture itself -- without the words commenting -- I would simply find it funny.

The words are what make it seem homophobic, and even a bit hateful towards homosexuals.
0 Replies