Exgirlfriend going to same festival as me, advice ?

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 02:27 pm
hey,
after a month of no contact, my ex text me to give me a heads up that she would be at the same music festival as me this weekend.
im guessing her new bf will be with her.
can people please tell me what i should do.
im REALLY hung up on her.
i now feel anxious about going to the festival.

advice please

please read my other post if you dunno my story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 6,188 • Replies: 152

View best answer, chosen by DownNtOut
jespah

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 02:43 pm
@DownNtOut,
Go with your head held high.

She probably won't be standing or sitting anywhere near you most of the time. You need not avoid her, but don't go out of your way to find her. Just enjoy whoever you're going to see and concentrate on that as your main objective for the day. You are going to go and have fun!

And there are going to be hundreds, if not thousands, of other people there. Maybe one of the people in there will be the person you will love forever and be happy with. It would be a shame to miss this event then, eh?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 27 Aug, 2013 02:50 pm
@DownNtOut,
It's a challenge I assume. You have to go.

She wouldn't have texed you if she is indifferent to you. She obviously has something in mind. She might, for example, have enjoyed your declarations of love. They really like that sort of thing as long as it's not too pestering. They also like being competed for.

A bloke in love is a basket case and putty in their hands. I know.

I trust you have been faithful to her since you parted.

I don't know whether to wish for you get reinstated or not. She would mean nothing to me.

0 Replies

TyrionGuy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 03:48 am
@DownNtOut,
I've had the same happen to my a while back...

The best thing you can do is play it cool. If you do find her, be cordial. Be specially nice to her new boyfriend.

The icing on the cake would be to take a girl with you.

If you can't, chat with your ex and her bf for about 5minutes, be very nice to both and then say "well, it's been nice but I've got people waiting for me. Nice to see you, and nice to meet you"

This will leave an impression on her... IMO
spendius

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 04:32 am
@TyrionGuy,
What sort of impression?
TyrionGuy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 05:23 am
@spendius,
the impression that he moved on and that the fact that she's got a new bf was indifferent to him
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 05:36 am
@TyrionGuy,
TyrionGuy wrote:

the impression that he moved on and that the fact that she's got a new bf was indifferent to him

Really? read the post again.

Quote:
im REALLY hung up on her.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 06:51 am
@TyrionGuy,
His postings on here are proof he is still nibbling at the bait. Taking them as authentic, which we should do.

As a ploy, a strategic manoeuvre, he might pretend he's indifferent but the success of such a trick is dependent on the heroine's calculus in terms of the personal characteristics of the rivals and on her attitude towards those characteristics; be they admired accomplishments, such as having a rich father, or any unfortunate dispositions which a heroine, of taste and refinement, might consider in a negative light and which, as we know, are not uncommon.

What our hero should do is try to think what she is thinking. It is likely, if I have the little buggers worked out correctly, that she feels that she has no unfortunate dispositions and that her accomplishments speak for themselves. What would anybody do who thinks that way?

I would identify the couple at the festival before I had been identified and watch to see how often she glances around in the company of the bf. It is probable that she has thought of that and will give the clunker a good loving up just to ratchet up the aggravation.

It's a very delicate situation and has been the main theme of all the best Christian literature.

If she had left me for some dickhead I wouldn't give her the time of day ever again. The beach is full of warm pebbles.

TyrionGuy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 07:23 am
@spendius,
wow nice prosaic writing...

better lay off the weed Razz

JK
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 07:47 am
@TyrionGuy,
You can talk, this is a really, really, shitty sentence.

Quote:

You don't start the sentence with a capital letter, which is a fairly basic error. Also the reader has to guess at your meaning. What you have written means that the new boyfriend is indifferent to the old one, even though the opening does not suggest such a thing. It's confused and disorganised. And you failed to grasp the meaning of the posters 4th line.

Here's what you could have written had you been aware of the basics of language and sentence construction.

"I got the impression that he had moved on and was indifferent to the fact that she's got a new boyfriend."
Or even better, "I got the impression that he had moved on and treated the fact that she had a new boyfriend with indifference"

However, your impression is completely false, he hasn't moved on at all, he is still 'REALLY hung up on her.'

I don't know about Spendi's drug use, but he never makes such remedial errors in basic sentence construction and language comprehension.
DownNtOut

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 07:59 am
@DownNtOut,
General consensus.
If i see her/bf, feign confidence.
Have a short and polite conversation then make my exit, hopefully not seeing them again for the weekend.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:09 am
@DownNtOut,
If you see her. Don't go out of your way to. Not seeing her would be better. You're going to a festival, enjoy yourself, there'll be lots of other unattached women there.
0 Replies

TyrionGuy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:17 am
@izzythepush,
wow, you guys are fun...

But I think that you've got what I was trying to say all wrong.

I know @DownNtOut is still in love with his ex. But, IMO if he shows up to her and shows that he is indifferent to the fact that the girl has a new boyfriend, treating them both cordially and respectfully, then the girl will certainly notice that. If she still has feelings for him, then she will be intrigued by @DownNtOut's behavior (I suppose she would expect jealous feelings from him) and will possibly reach out to him.

I believe that's @DownNtOut's only chance as declaring his love for her hasn't proven to be successful
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:23 am
@TyrionGuy,
That might happen, but it's more than likely she doesn't care any more. Knowing that is better than living in a fool's paradise thinking she might come back if.....
TyrionGuy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:29 am
@izzythepush,
yes I know, but I believe it's his best shot... If there's no response after this attempt IMO he should move on.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 08:33 am
I'm wondering why the ex informed him that she was going to be there.

Anyway . . . he should attend and just avoid her. This may happen often if they run in the same circles.
DownNtOut

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 09:05 am
@PUNKEY,
yeah i dont get why she felt she had to inform me?
TyrionGuy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 09:32 am
@DownNtOut,
I think she did that to tease you and check out your reaction...

Or maybe, it was a "heads up" with good intention because she probably knows you have feelings for her....

what do you think? was it a bad break up?
spendius

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 09:46 am
@DownNtOut,
Quote:
yeah i dont get why she felt she had to inform me?

Surely, I explained that. It is prosaic in the extreme. Tyr should know that I was trying to be prosaic. Matter of fact. No imagination required.

It struck me that my advice--

Quote:
What our hero should do is try to think what she is thinking.

might be lifted from the microcosm to the macrocosm in respect of the thinking in the countries of the middle-east. Our tendency to think that they think like a middle-class, respectable westerner is ridiculous. And it will cost us dear just as it will our hero if he projects his ideas onto his heroine.

Making the " liberation" of the Islamic female a war aim is a sign of the levels of ignorance and arrogance being approximately equal.

We are dealing with a "liberated" female on this thread.

DownNtOut

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 01:01 pm
@izzythepush,
yeah i know its more than likely over
why wud she text me?
likes the idea of me pining?