Exgirlfriend going to same festival as me, advice ?

DownNtOut

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 01:08 pm
@TyrionGuy,
when we broke up a year ago she was angry at me. no one involved etc. i just couldnt be with her due to problems i was having.
we stayed friends meeting up for cinema etc. always just us tho.
after new year i started having feelings. told her how i felt in april.
she turned me down but still wanted to be my friend.
asked her to be with me again and turned down
she went to a concert with me 7 weeks back.
slept with me and stayed in bed with me till lunch time.
4 weeks ago i asked her tobe with me and that i was in love with her.
she cried and said she needed time to think.
2 days later she said she loved me in a 'friendship' 'companionship' way. and was getting back with a bf from 4 years back.

DownNtOut

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 01:09 pm
@spendius,
what do you think shes thinking?
friendly warning
spendius

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 01:52 pm
@DownNtOut,
I don't know because I have not enough information.

Her texting is the giveaway for me. She would have thought about that. She might only have chosen to go to the festival because she knew you would be there. What's the attendance at the festival and the space of the ground it's on.

If that's the case, it can't be a coincidence because she knew you would be there, then she's dragging the bozo around in order to see you again. That's a plus to work on. If she has done it to flaunt the gump at you then you're better off without her. She has already been done with him four years ago you said.

Also, what she is thinking depends upon how heavily the hand of Christian civilisation has been laid on her.

I would have a few drinks before the meeting and dazzle her with witty repartee and constant attention with a few whispers at the expense of the knock-kneed twerp she's with. If I was in love I mean.

I'm in love with them all so it makes no difference to me which one it is.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 02:41 pm
I think you all are reading too much into the the girlfriends motives.

If I had just ended a long term serious relationship, I might consider it a courtesy to tell my former partner that I would be at the same place as them. It might possibly avoid the surprise and allow you to prepare for a potentially awkward situation.

When I was recently divorced, my ex-wife would check before going to a place that we both used to frequent just to make sure I wasn't going (which would have been awkward for her).

If she wants to torment you, there are better ways to do that. It just might be that she is trying to be courteous-- and after end of a serious relationship it is often very difficult to know what that means.

I would just let it slide.
DownNtOut

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 02:50 pm
@maxdancona,
You could be right
Im just really worried about seeing her and her bf.
She slept with me 2 weeks before getting back with him.
I really wanted to get back together.
really just want advice on how to handle a meeting
0 Replies

DownNtOut

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 02:55 pm
@maxdancona,
she prob didnt mention the bf cos she didnt want to rub my nose in it.
just warn me she wud be there
spendius

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 03:13 pm
@maxdancona,
I presume you don't accept Down's assertion that he's in love then?

And the arrangements you came to with your wife have no bearing on the case here. Your ex-wife might only be contacting you in order to offer you the opportunity to rekindle the fires. You have invented a reason for her doing that.

The heroine here has chosen to go to where she knows the gallant will be and informed him beforehand of her intentions. And she is not an ex-wife.

I don't think she has courtesy of that sort in mind.

The best thing now is to wait until the festival is over and see what Down says about it.

I have often witnessed the sorry spectacle of divorced spouses chatting merrily away in the pubs as if nothing had happened between them and with their new squeezes on either side. It shocks me. It's much too post-modern for my delicate sensibilities.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 03:26 pm
@DownNtOut,
Quote:
she prob didnt mention the bf cos she didnt want to rub my nose in it.
just warn me she wud be there

You are projecting your own ideas on to her with that Down.

My understanding is that they all want to rub our noses in it and the initial romantic stuff is to get into a position to do it.
0 Replies

TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 03:08 am
@DownNtOut,
probably... Take the good with the bad and use that to help you get over her...

Soon you'll be over her... today you're one day closer to getting over her. Enjoy the festival, meet a girl and have fun.
DownNtOut

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:09 am
@TyrionGuy,
yea i hate feelings this way
its so over
yet i keep this dumb hope
TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:51 am
@DownNtOut,
Sure.. everybody has gone through that... that ******* heart pain, the hopelessness... maybe you should start cutting her off from your life for a while. A friendship will be too painful for you. Meet other girls, have fun and start moving on. There's plenty of other cool girls around. You'll be ok.
spendius

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 05:20 am
@TyrionGuy,
Quote:
There's plenty of other cool girls around.

Sure there are but they went to the same schools as our heroine and perused the same magazines and programmes.

Our heroine was cool at first. A woman can easily get "a man" but a man cannot as easily get a woman. That's a power the liberal media has exploited to astounding effect which is why "everybody has gone through that".

The only difference between Down and millions of other young men is that he came on A2K to tell us about it.

And that signifies something.
TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 05:30 am
@spendius,
correct, he came to A2K to explain his problem and read other people's opinions...

It's my personal belief that, although "our heroine" seems to be the best girl in the world to "our hero", I can tell from experience (because I've gone through that. I have fallen deeply in love with girls that meant the world to me and thought them to be irreplaceable, and got over it) that "our hero" will get over "our heroine". There are many other wonder women around just as cool or even cooler.

Besides that, I believe "our heroine" kind of took advantage of the fact that our hero is still in love with her by sleeping with him. Not very heroic of her... nor moral.
spendius

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 05:40 am
@TyrionGuy,
Women, imo, are not evolved to be heroic or moral. Those are qualities of the Christian, Faustian, zeitgeist and are being undermined as we speak.

A materialist can be neither heroic or moral and a leader of the pack sang "I'm a materialist girl" and tried to show her private parts at the Superbowl.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 05:43 am
Go home, spendi darling, you're drunk.

/pays for a cab/
0 Replies

DownNtOut

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 05:53 am
@TyrionGuy,
yeah i really gets to me that she sleeps with me and 2 weeks later gets back with this other guy from her past.

tough to get over as she is the 'perfect' mix of cool and attractive.
thanks for all the replys
festival starts in 24hrs
spendius

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 06:01 am
@DownNtOut,
How about giving us a flavour of the festival. Set the stage for the drama of Act II.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 06:27 am
@TyrionGuy,
TyrionGuy wrote:
Besides that, I believe "our heroine" kind of took advantage of the fact that our hero is still in love with her by sleeping with him. Not very heroic of her... nor moral.

moral? maybe she likes sex
ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 06:29 am
@DownNtOut,
DownNtOut wrote:

we broke up
she turned me down
and turned down
slept with me
she loved me in a 'friendship' 'companionship' way
getting back with a bf from 4 years back.

why are you having a hard time understanding this?

she doesn't want to be your girlfriend

she has a boyfriend
TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 06:38 am
@ehBeth,
It's not a great moral attitude as she knows he loves her and still has sex with him, thus giving him false hope...