Exgirlfriend going to same festival as me, advice ?

DownNtOut

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 07:06 am
@jespah,
i know, i couldnt resist being with her
paying for it now
TyrionGuy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 09:15 am
@DownNtOut,
and stop smelling her clothes...!!!

I know for a fact that you're doing that!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 01:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
that wasn't my theory

What was all this then?

Quote:
Maybe she hoped that you finally understood after she'd told you several times - she doesn't want you as a boyfriend.

So - the festival. Maybe she told you in hopes that you'd cancel your attendance. Maybe she told you so you won't rush up to greet her. Maybe she told you so you'd know she (a friend of yours) would be there.

Don't read anything into it.

She told you she'd be there.

End of message.

The message is that she'll be at the festival.

The message was the message. And no bf at the festival. No intention of him being there either.

If Downie takes any notice of the Americans on here he might as well give it up as a bad job. It's a straight choice.

Whatever game she is playing a man truly in love will allow her to play it.

In order to make any sort of worthwhile judgement it is necessary for us to know a great deal more about both parties than we do.

The facts we do know are that she initiated the festival meeting in the absence of bf and the kissing in the tent all night. And that she is European and becoming of a certain age and is still single.

There is something to play for imo. For a man in love. If Downie gives in on the basis of some of the advice he is being given here he is not in love at all. Love is a madness. No rational, cynical, exploitative, superficial, city calculus, (stoic in a word), can lay a glove on it. Agony Aunts have never been in love. They can assert they have to their heart's content.

I'm sure Downie has the wit to think of forgetting her, returning her clothes and finding another lover. Any fool can think of those things. Why would he come on here asking for such banal advice?

Quote:
Heart of mine be still
You can play with fire but you'll get the bill
Don't let her know
Don't let her know that you love her
Don't be a fool, don't be blind
Heart of mine.

Heart of mine go back home
You got no reason to wander, no reason to roam
Don't let her see
Don't let her see that you need her
Don't put yourself over the line
Heart of mine.

Heart of mine go back where you have been
It'll only be trouble for you if you let her in
Don't let her hear
Don't let her hear you want her
Don't let her hear know she's so fine
Heart of mine.

Heart of mine you know that she'll never be true
She'll only give to others the love that she's gotten from you
Don't let her know
Don't let her know where you're going
Don't untie the ties that bind
Heart of mine.

Heart of mine so malicious and so full of guile
Give you an inch and you'll take a mile
Don't let yourself fall
Don't let yourself stumble
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime
Heart of mine.

Bob Dylan.

Telling a woman that you love her and need her cancels all a man's rights and hands her the exercise of all her's. And they are not rights if she can't exercise them any way she sees fit. Any man who objects to that is not in love.

Rejected men have joined the Navy and the French Foreign Legion, and been killed in duels.

Where in Europe?

spendius

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 01:41 pm
@DownNtOut,
My advice, on the little I know, is to send her the flowers and card and leave it at that. Just a "thank-you" for a nice couple of days. Or wonderful. You could say--"maybe next year".

Your next contact after that is her choice. Make a model of the Vatican out of matchsticks. That should fill the year and if she's not at the next festival alone you're definitely out.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 04:28 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
If Downie takes any notice of the Americans on here he might as well give it up as a bad job.

don't you mean everyone but you?

You're messing with the guy's head. Not sure what your game is but it is unkind at best.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 04:29 pm
@jespah,
Listen to jespah.

jespah wrote:

Yes. She is ******* with your head (and you are letting this happen, by making yourself available and by obsessing over this).

Throw her clothes out and delete her contact info. It obviously confuses the hell outta you.
spendius

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
You're messing with the guy's head. Not sure what your game is but it is unkind at best.

Both sentences are assertions. Will you justify them please.

It might make a pleasant change at the very least.

Downie asked for advice. Are you suggesting you are the only ones with anything of value to offer? As women.

We knew where you were coming from, Beth, after you said that sex was just sex and nothing more. Like having a shower or pruning the roses.

No doubt men are quite content with such an anti-woman remark. You sound like a blow up doll that can talk and moan satisfactorily. Sex with a spayed woman is a contradiction in terms. It is male orgasm pure and simple. Ridiculous not to put too fine a point on it.

"Juddering up Julia" Juvenal called it 2000 years ago.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:19 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Downie asked for advice. Are you suggesting you are the only ones with anything of value to offer? As women.

nope.

I think the other male poster/s have made good and reasonable points.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:19 pm
@DownNtOut,
How do you sleep together non-sexually, especially with someone you have been with before. This sounds like strange game you two are playing.
spendius

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Nothing that he hasn't thought of himself. Many times no doubt. And all useless.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2013 05:24 pm
@maxdancona,
It's a great game max.
0 Replies

DownNtOut

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 07:18 am
@maxdancona,
we both had separate tents to sleep in but she suggested we just share one.
0 Replies

DownNtOut

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 07:20 am
@ehBeth,
yep i know Sad hard to do
spendius

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 08:53 am
@DownNtOut,
It seems it is the advice you really want to take because otherwise you wouldn't encourage it being continually repeated.

If you don't want women ******* with your head you are best to leave them out altogether.

0 Replies

DownNtOut

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 03:06 pm
unless she is playing some massive game to make sure i really really want her, i think its best to walk away
spendius

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 03:28 pm
@DownNtOut,
I think there is a good chance that that is the case. The female propensity, instinctive I believe, to test us out has manifestations in some places which make your case look like a Sunday afternoon picnic.

After one particularly exasperating episode I asked a lady why she did these things to me and she replied, "I like tormenting you!!" without even seeming to have thought about it and with a pretty challenging gleam in her eyes.

It's the difference between big game hunting and potting sitting ducks.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2013 04:47 pm
@DownNtOut,
Has she any tattoos? Or Gothic insignia?
DownNtOut

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 09:08 am
@spendius,
no, why? Smile
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 11:10 am
@DownNtOut,
So I can cross them off. I'm trying to avoid stereotyping your friend as just a female person of a certain age which is what Agony Aunts have to do.
0 Replies

DownNtOut

Reply Thu 5 Sep, 2013 03:46 pm
if she wanted to be with me she would be
if the other ex is really with her, she has gone back to her town, to him.
she has to collect some clothes she left in my tent.
she said she would get them the next time she is in my town.
all points towards 'a talk' where she says nothings changed and i try say goodbye