Exgirlfriend going to same festival as me, advice ?

spendius

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 01:50 pm
@DownNtOut,
I can't imagine any other reason. I think carelessness is out of the question. I could easily see her bringing spare items to wear on leaving for the very purpose of putting you in the position you were in once you found yourself in possession of some of her worn clothes. Which I would have considered to be something of a conundrum. I would have done what you did with them to give me time to think it through. Or to try to at least. And in the certain knowledge that whatever strategy I thought likeliest was always deniable.

Of course, the ladies on here would deny that ladies use, or are capable of using, devious strategies. And I can't say I blame them. Devious strategies are no good when the deviousness is obvious. See how Mr Darcy got landed on the bank in Pride and Prejudice.

What are the items you are holding? Why did you not leave them at the festival sight?
spendius

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 01:59 pm
@spendius,
And Downie, if you do return them should you launder them first and pack them neatly folded for transit? It wouldn't look good for her to open the box and find her intimate items of clothing in a pile and had obviously been thrown in any old how.

Those who advised you to return the items have not considered all the ramifications. They are blurting not to put too fine a point on it.
DownNtOut

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 02:16 pm
@spendius,
a hat and a hair clip
spendius

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 03:13 pm
@DownNtOut,
Well--I don't know what to make of that. My impression, which others shared I'm sure, was of more significant items of apparel.

Those items could easily have been left accidentally. Not necessarily but likely so. Assuming, as I must, that the items were not left accidentally, I would rethink the packaging if you do return them.

Bear in mind that I would have lost interest in her long ago for the reasons I have given. But you haven't. The text, the arrival at the festival unaccompanied and the kissing in the tent are evidence to me that she doesn't want the ashes to go cold enough that a gentle blow on them would not produce a flame.

I hope your conversation with her was not as terse and uninformative as you have been on here. Misleading sometimes. The clothes for example. And that the kissing was just of the necking on the back row of a cinema style.

Are you English? Or British?

DownNtOut

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 03:21 pm
@spendius,
sorry about that man
english
spendius

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 04:53 pm
@DownNtOut,
Is she English?
DownNtOut

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 04:22 am
@spendius,
yep lol
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 04:34 am
@DownNtOut,
Welcome to the forum, there's not enough of us here.

spendius

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 05:16 am
@izzythepush,
Downie is not really "on the forum". All his posts concern this one lady. I imagine he is in other sites airing the same problem.

The drift we are in points towards socially acceptable dogging. A few engage in it in its crudest form but there are more respectable methods in play from which Media makes very large amounts of poke. So Media promotes the drift.

It ends on the shore Huxley predicted.

Downie is old fashioned. He takes no advice and I suspect we are engaged in opportunities to allow him to keep talking about the lady.

What's on the end of it if his hopes are fulfilled? Domestic bliss eh? And once the honeymoon is over each party's idea of what domestic bliss consists of begin to diverge. Sometimes rather alarmingly.

And one or the other's idea of what DB consists of wins and the other makes the best of it.

DownNtOut

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 05:33 am
@spendius,
you have hit the nail on the head
i am just on here to talk about her
keep it alive
its dunb
izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 05:37 am
@DownNtOut,
Stop doing it then, go on the other threads talk about something else.

Get together with some of your mates, save up a bit of money, and go to Amsterdam and get wankered.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 06:57 am
@DownNtOut,
Quote:
its dumb

It is also a common response.

All advice is really pointless when offered by people who don't know you except in a very basic sense that you are a male person of the type which has a car, a computer, goes to festivals and owns a tent and which is born at the rate of one per minute according to folklore.

We are all, leaving aside the celibates, easily bewitched using the appropriate APPS. (Applications of software). It is rather a large problem which Germaine Greer tentatively alluded to in one of her books: in the nicest possible way. The only nicer approach was to not mention it at all.
DownNtOut

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2013 07:30 am
@spendius,
aye
0 Replies