Exgirlfriend going to same festival as me, advice ?

TyrionGuy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 08:59 am
@DownNtOut,
Good luck dude... tomorrow will be a new day, you're getting closer... sometimes it takes a week, other times a month... other times a year...

and getting involved in some strictly physical relations with some girls wont hurt.

Thomas

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 09:01 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
and women like sex because ... they're women

it's not complicated

Exactly. Every single one of us descended from an unbroken chain of copulators that goes back hundreds of millions of years. Actually it's even more than a chain, it's a tree, millions of ancestors wide in most generations. If a single link in this chain, a single branch in this tree, had abstained from sex, then it wouldn't be our ancestor, and we would never have been born. Considering that we all hail from such horny stock, how can anyone be surprised that almost all of us like sex? But I digress from the topic of the thread.
spendius

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 01:50 pm
@Thomas,
Bloody hell!! Animal copulation equated with love. The La Mettrie/de Sade position.

It's perfectly logical of course. As is the stud-farm society once Christian morality is got over.

How does homosexual love fit in? How are rutting seasons accounted for? They are once a year in some species which are on the tree.

Quote:
almost all of us like sex

Yeah, as long as it's served up on a plate with all the trimmings. It is why we like it that is a live issue here. Is it physical or psychological? Is it an ice-cream on a hot day or a polishing of the car which, I trust, has no sensual pleasures.

spendius

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 01:52 pm
@spendius,
The most addictive drug is not called crack for nothing.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 03:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Sometimes sex is sex. Nothing more.

It's over 30 years since I wrote a song called Last Night in Antigua about a lady on holiday there who intended sleeping on the plane. And for about a year I knew an officer on the QE2.

And there's The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone to think about. And Jane Austen.

I didn't disagree with your remark. It just seems inapplicable to this thread. It might even be a pose.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:09 pm
@TyrionGuy,
TyrionGuy wrote:

and getting involved in some strictly physical relations with some girls wont hurt.

if both parties know that is what it's about, that's a good idea

might be too early for the original poster to go that route - seems like he's still in a comparatively emotional place
DownNtOut

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:48 pm
@ehBeth,
yup I am
any final advice
going festival in 8 hours
will be trying hard not to think of her
but im sure I will
DownNtOut

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:49 pm
@TyrionGuy,
months id say
thanks man
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:51 pm
@DownNtOut,
The best advice? have a really great time at the festival.

Enjoy the music or whatever it is that's happening.

There's a famous saying - living well is the best revenge. I'm not sure I go for the revenge part but I totally support living well.
jespah

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:57 pm
@DownNtOut,
Have fun and avoid the brown acid.
DownNtOut

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 05:01 pm
@ehBeth,
yeah whatever happens I got to try have fun
1 life
0 Replies

DownNtOut

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 05:02 pm
@jespah,
chatting on here / repeating myself has helped me get my head around the situation
thanks
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 05:14 pm
@DownNtOut,
Quote:
any final advice
going festival in 8 hours

I would give it a miss Down. If ever asked why I did I would say that I had some papers to go over.
0 Replies

DownNtOut

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:15 pm
Went to the festival.
My ex gf was there without her bf.
We hung out in the same group.
First night she text me and we met up and spent the evening dancing. (alone)
Walked her back to where she was staying. Said goodnight. (no kissing etc)
2nd day we spend together seeing bands and having a good time.
she kissed me at one of the stages and we were holding hands.
she suggested we should sleep together (non sexual).
lots of kissing and alot of fairground rides later, we spent the night in my tent.
On the 3rd day we hung out in the group of friends. When the music stopped I walked her to her car.

I didnt ask her any questions about 'us'
And as she did not say anything to me, i guess her feelings are still the same.
Should i just cut her off? Im right back at square one.

spendius

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:22 pm
@DownNtOut,
Not at all Downie. That's a green light in my book. Maybe she's looking for more effort.

Text her and tell her how her company made it the best festival you have ever been to.

How old are you both btw?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:27 pm
@DownNtOut,
Sounds like she thinks you are a good friend to have.

If you are ok with being a friend, but not a boyfriend, then you should proceed to keep her as a friend.
DownNtOut

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:30 pm
@spendius,
we are in our 20's
DownNtOut

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:32 pm
@ehBeth,
All the kissing has made me realize how much i am in love with her.
Spending all that time with her having fun, its left me feeling sorry for myself today
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 02:00 pm
@DownNtOut,
Right. And it seems both of you are at least passable in the "looks" department. And are not skint.

No more heart-to-hearts about "us". She has got the picture. She has a devoted lover.

Send her some flowers to thank her for so splendid a time in her company and be attentive to her every wish, whim and whatever. Send the flowers to where she works. Nothing drab mind you. A nice verse. Not too romantic. And don't cover the card with little "x"s. One medium sized one in the right place. Oh--place streaks of lightning symbols all around her name. 7 or 8. To show how much light she radiates. About one inch long. Practice a few times. Fade them out. Avoid geometric patters. Women don't do geometric patterns.

Faint heart never won fair lady.

Write on the back that seeing her asleep in the tent reminded you of the first verse of Dylan's I and I. She's bound to try to find out what it is and when she does she'll swoon.

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 02:06 pm
@spendius,
Are you trying to make the young woman absolutely hate DownNtOut?