Another unarmed black teenager shot in Florida

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 04:21 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
I do not know either.

But I suspect the gun made for greater efficiency in killing Martin.

Nonsense that you can check on with very little internet research as having someone on top of you is about the ideal situation to used a fighting knife that would make one hell of a larger wound then a small cab. handgun.

There is nothing magical about firearms that made any cab. gun more deadly at touching ranges then a knife.

Bill, your comments remind me of the adage:

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 06:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Bill, your comments remind me of the adage:

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

OK guns any gun of any size/type under all conditions have magical powers to kill far better then any other tools that had been design to killed also!!!!!!!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 07:23 pm
@Baldimo,
I live in the real world. Not in la la land. Than I do have the edge in having lived for 78 years and have possibly seen more of life than you.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 07:24 pm
@BillRM,
See my post to Baldimo.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 03:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
When people go on the rampage with a knife, the death toll is lower. Imagine if this guy had a gun, there wouldn't just be one dead body now.

Quote:
A man has been charged with murder and two counts of attempted murder after a triple stabbing in south-west London on Monday.

Police found a 28-year-old woman dead and her 17-year-old sister with stab wounds when they were called to Tilson Gardens, Brixton, at 19:10 BST.

Half an hour earlier in Redlands Way, a 46-year-old woman was found stabbed.

Desmond Brooks, 40, of Redlands Way, will appear at Camberwell Magistrates' Court later.

Police said the 46-year-old woman was in a critical condition. The 17-year-old was in a serious but stable condition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23513248
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 06:31 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
See my post to Baldimo.

You mean your claims of having secret knowledge/understanding due in my case having live all of 14 years longer then myself?

Sorry it does not wash in any way or an manner.
oralloy

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 07:14 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
engineer wrote:
this doesn't really seem like a stand your ground case, more like a routine nutcase shooting.

There doesn't seem to be a difference between the two, does there.

There is a big difference. SYG is lawful self defense against an attacker.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 07:15 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Your narrative on gun use still doesn't match the facts.

Every single thing that Frank Apisa ever says is always an outright lie.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 07:15 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Oh I got a nine minutes repeat nine whole minutes ban from another post on this thread.
Have Robert lost his mind increasing the times between posts to nine minutes if you go over some limit in allowable postings to a thread?
Seem the time was must shorter not that long ago.

As best I can tell, there is a bit of randomness in how many posts you have to make in a row in order to trigger it, and then also a bit of randomness in the length of time that you have to wait.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 08:07 am
Oh footnote three hoodlums who happen to be black attack a white man at random and then stated this is for Trayvon and that attack had hardly been cover in the news media.

Any one wish to bet if it was the other way around we would had enjoy wall to wall news coverage for a week or more?

Oh and there would had been a thread over the attack on this website within a short period where the likes of Firefly would beat their chests over the white racism shown by the attack!!!!

BillRM

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 08:46 am
@BillRM,
Oh can you just see the hell that would had also been raised if the man had been armed and in a three on one attack came to the conclusion his life was at risk and open fire on them killing one or more of them!!!!!!!!

Al Sharpton would have rallies going in days with the hoodlums families crying and here we go again.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 01:25 pm
@BillRM,
Secret? If you talked to other people with an open mind rather than listen to Fox News you might find out about life on this planet rather than lala land.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 01:50 pm
@RABEL222,
You have been around for longer that is for sure, but I don't live in la la land. I have lived in many different states in my almost 40 years of life. To be exact I have lived in 6 different states due to the fact my father was in Federal law enforcement for most of my life. I live in regular land just like you. The fact that I know no one who has killed themselves with a gun doesn't imply la la land. Maybe I just know people who are made of sterner stuff and don't see the need to be selfish and take their own lives. I don't know anyone who has been killed with a gun either. Now I have used a gun in self-defense, I didn't have to shoot the guy but the presence of the gun was enough to convince the intruder that being in my back yard at 5am wasn't such a good idea.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 02:23 pm
@Baldimo,
The New England Journal of Medicine wrote:
There are at least a dozen U.S. case–control studies in the peer-reviewed literature, all of which have found that a gun in the home is associated with an increased risk of suicide. The increase in risk is large, typically 2 to 10 times that in homes without guns, depending on the sample population (e.g., adolescents vs. older adults) and on the way in which the firearms were stored.
Source

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention wrote:
All suicides
Number of deaths: 38,364
Deaths per 100,000 population: 12.4

Cause of death rank: 10
Firearm suicides
Number of deaths: 19,392
Deaths per 100,000 population: 6.3
Source

In Germany, 8% of suicides are made with guns (owned legally). All suicides per 100,000 population is 12.1
Two of my former classmates killed made suicide with their guns - they were the only ones, owning guns.
BillRM

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 02:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Secret? If you talked to other people with an open mind rather than listen to Fox News you might find out about life on this planet rather than lala land.

Sorry slightly older man then I am, I happen to hated the fox news channel and the far right GOP that it promoted.

That does not means however I love the far left and the con men who are the so call civil right leadership either.

Nor do I approved of the anti-second amendment nonsense or the non fox news channels turning a mixed race Latin man who have zero in his background to suggest he had a racist bone in his body into a mad racial killer of a poor black child. Even editing the 911 tape from the night of the shooting.

I am not a happy camper as a supporter of Obama he had let me down in many areas of civil liberties and in his dealing of the Zimmerman/Trayvon case.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 02:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Strange as for example France with almost no firearms in their homes compare to the US have more suicides or at best roughly the same as the US depending the period you are looking at. Rate by population not raw numbers.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 02:30 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Strange as for example France with almost no firearms in their homes ...
???? How did you get this idea??? In how many French homes have you been to write this nonsense? (Every licensed weapon owner can store 12 firearms in house in France.)
BillRM

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 02:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
???? How did you get this idea??? In how many French homes have you been to write this nonsense?

So you are trying to claimed that France come anywhere near the US in having more firearms in private hands then adults in their population!!!!!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 02:36 pm
@BillRM,
No. Ehem, in how many French homes you've been, you said?
BillRM

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 02:37 pm
@BillRM,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Guns.png/300px-Guns.png