Another unarmed black teenager shot in Florida

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Tell us again Frank how increased gun laws are working out for Chicago? Gun laws make us safer?

More guns equal more shootings.

Deal with that.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
More guns equals more shootings.

Going back the the Travvon/Zimmerman matter I can not stop wondering if instead of a gun Zimmerman had used a combat knife to gut Trayvon it would had gotten the same coverage as him using a gun on Trayvon.

The anti gun crowd would have kept out of it at least and Al Sharpton not seeing as must press might not had drum up such pressure to have Zimmerman charge.

Footnote in Florida carrying large knives are cover under the CC license.

I do not know either.

But I suspect the gun made for greater efficiency in killing Martin.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:54 pm
@BillRM,
You're stupid, there was little press coverage, I'd never heard of it until you brought it up. It's nonsense it will never happen, the only people who are remotely interested are paranoid morons like you.

IT WON'T HAPPEN. IT'S TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Do you understand now?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:56 pm
@BillRM,
A once great nation populated by slobbering, proto-hominids like you. That's a lot more disturbing.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 12:57 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

as I had already posted whole areas can be without a functioning police department or other emergency services for long periods ranging from weeks to months.

A once great nation....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 01:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Once again Frank the facts don't match your stories. There are more guns in the US than in any time in history and gun crimes are at a 20 or 30 year low.

More gun laws equal more shootings. CHICAGO!!!
panzade

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 01:19 pm
@Baldimo,
On July 9, 2013, Illinois became the last state in the country to allow the concealed carry of firearms.

It'll be interesting to see weather the killings will subside
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 01:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Once again Frank the facts don't match your stories. There are more guns in the US than in any time in history and gun crimes are at a 20 or 30 year low.

Tell ya what, Baldimo.

Let's consider a scenario where there are NO guns...zero.

How many shootings will there be.

Now...consider a scenario where there are 100 guns in circulation.

Would it be reasonable to guess that the number of shootings will remain at the number that occurred when there were no guns...or would it be more reasonable to guess that the number of shootings will be higher.

Now...consider a scenario where there are 1000 guns in circulation.

Would it be reasonable to guess that the number of shootings will remain at the number that occurred when there were no guns or 100 guns...or would it be more reasonable to guess that the number of shootings will be higher.

Now...consider a scenario where there are more than 1000 guns...and make the same reasonable estimate.

Gun crimes being a a low MAY (MOST LIKELY) have to do with other factors than the number of guns in circulation...and if lots less were in circulation, the number of gun crimes might be very much lower.

Why don't you stop the silly reasoning?

McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 02:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

Tell ya what, Baldimo.

Would it be reasonable to guess that the number of shootings will remain at the number that occurred when there were no guns...or would it be more reasonable to guess that the number of shootings will be higher.

Would it be reasonable to guess that the number of shootings will remain at the number that occurred when there were no guns or 100 guns...or would it be more reasonable to guess that the number of shootings will be higher.

Now...consider a scenario where there are more than 1000 guns...and make the same reasonable estimate.

Gun crimes being a a low MAY (MOST LIKELY) have to do with other factors than the number of guns in circulation...and if lots less were in circulation, the number of gun crimes might be very much lower.

Now, imagine a world with no people... How many crimes will there be? I bet zero.

Now, imagine a scenario where there are 7 billion people and they are not all equal and some are criminals due to whatever forces of nature have turned them to crime... How many crimes will there be? I am betting plenty.

Frank, I think you have lost the point you were trying make, which was what by the way? That if there were no guns, there would be no one using guns? If there was no cheese, no one would be eating cheese either.

If that's what your point was, then you have made it. I think every single person here would agree that if there were no guns, there would be no gun crime or accidental shooting of guns.

But, as long as there are people, you will have crime and people on the wrong side of the bell curve shooting themselves.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 02:14 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

A once great nation populated by slobbering, proto-hominids like you. That's a lot more disturbing.

England? Nah, I am pretty sure the proto-hominids had evolved by the time they got there.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 02:34 pm
@McGentrix,
It makes sense to me and I am willing to bet it makes sense to a majority of a2k'ers.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 02:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Are you a criminal? Its the kind of straw man I would expect of McGentrix.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 02:40 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

Tell ya what, Baldimo.

Now, imagine a world with no people... How many crimes will there be? I bet zero.

Now, imagine a scenario where there are 7 billion people and they are not all equal and some are criminals due to whatever forces of nature have turned them to crime... How many crimes will there be? I am betting plenty.

Frank, I think you have lost the point you were trying make, which was what by the way? That if there were no guns, there would be no one using guns? If there was no cheese, no one would be eating cheese either.

If that's what your point was, then you have made it. I think every single person here would agree that if there were no guns, there would be no gun crime or accidental shooting of guns.

But, as long as there are people, you will have crime and people on the wrong side of the bell curve shooting themselves.

My point was fairly simply...more guns equals more shootings.

Baldimo was suggesting that was wrong.

I disagree with him.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 02:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I personally know five people who killed themselves with their guns. I also know of three who were accidentally shot.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 02:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank. Isent it a hoot how many times the word logic comes up in posts trying to refute your logic. I'll bet none of these guys had classes in logic in school.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 03:22 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Frank. Isent it a hoot how many times the word logic comes up in posts trying to refute your logic. I'll bet none of these guys had classes in logic in school.

It bothers the crap out of me, Rabel.

I can understand disagreement...but on this one, the group vilifying Trayvon Martin has gone way over the edge. And when the discussion is limited to just guns, it gets no better.

For the record, I have often written that more gun control laws are probably useless. They are not going to make a significant impact on the number of shootings rampages, accidental shootings, or firearm suicides…no matter how strongly written. And there is next to no chance of any laws being written that are in any way strong. The lobby for guns in this country is simply too powerful to fight in any meaningful way.

The rampages will keep coming…and we almost have to regard them like killer hurricanes or devastating earthquakes…something that hits; causes horrible grief; and eventually disappears into the past.

The “accidental shootings” will keep coming…and since the vast majority of them happen to family members of gun owners…they will have to deal with that.

Suicides are going to occur…and until we have legislation that allows for physician-assisted help, guns make as much sense as jumping off buildings or crashing cars head-on into tractor-trailers.

I just wish some of these people would wake up and at least acknowledge the problem rather than advocating for even greater distribution of guns.

I also wish for world peace.

I doubt either of those wishs will come into being.

Thanks for you comments.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 03:23 pm
@RABEL222,
What kind of people do you know Rabel? I have been around guns since I was born and I don't know anyone who has been accidentally shot and I don't know anyone who has killed themselves with a gun.

BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 03:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do not know either.

But I suspect the gun made for greater efficiency in killing Martin.

Nonsense that you can check on with very little internet research as having someone on top of you is about the ideal situation to used a fighting knife that would make one hell of a larger wound then a small cab. handgun.

There is nothing magical about firearms that made any cab. gun more deadly at touching ranges then a knife.
BillRM

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 03:40 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I personally know five people who killed themselves with their guns

The word bullshit come to mind at that claim unless you are more unlucky then any person have a reason to be!

But please give us details of this amazing claim of not one, not two, not three, not four but five who killed themselves with their own guns.

Kind of remain me of a man who once claimed he knew three people that was killed by dogs packs attacks.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 03:49 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
England? Nah, I am pretty sure the proto-hominids had evolved by the time they got there.

That's the best you can do is it? Some slack-jawed version of 'I know you are, but what am I?' No wonder you need a gun. You've not got much else.

You know, shrunk down like that, your avatar looks quite like a vagina. Seems appropriate.
0 Replies